Topic locked

This will be the one he loses LOL

Postby GJ

Robertson revelled in the shorter format as he swept aside the favourite to claim his sixth victory in six ranking event finals.

The Australian said: 'There were a few texts flying about saying "this will be the one he loses".
'But it wasn't and that fired me up. Whenever I get to a final, I think I'm going to win it.

'Being world champion and world number one gave me a big lift as well.

'If there was any problem and I was under pressure I knew I could think "I'm the word champion, I can get out of this".'

Source : press association

:afro: :bowdown: <cool>

Re: This will be the one he loses LOL

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Robertson revelled in the shorter format as he swept aside the favourite to claim his sixth victory in six ranking event finals.

The Australian said: 'There were a few texts flying about saying "this will be the one he loses".
'But it wasn't and that fired me up. Whenever I get to a final, I think I'm going to win it.

'If there was any problem and I was under pressure I knew I could think "I'm the word champion, I can get out of this".'

He won it with plenty to spare and all. he must have a positive head to head over Ronnie?

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:Robertson revelled in the shorter format as he swept aside the favourite to claim his sixth victory in six ranking event finals.

He won it with plenty to spare and all. he must have a positive head to head over Ronnie?

it was similar to their match when robbo won the grand prix robbo he hammered ronald 5-1 in the quarters `

Postby SnookerFan

Fair play to him.

As soon as this tournament was announced, I thought; "What is Robertson loses his ranking event 100% in a best of nine?". I think I even joked on here about it. All week though, I thought Mark Williams was going to win. But when Robertson got to the final I thought there was no way he'd beat Ronnie. I was like; "Oh rubbish! It's going to happen." <laugh>

Hands up, I was wrong. Top performance in the final by Robertson.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:I must say I never lost faith in him <cool>

<cool>

Postby GJ

some more quotes from robbo and ronald

I'd only had a week and a half of really good practice before this because I've been so busy. I didn't expect to play well until the UK Championship. I've won four BBC tournaments now, so my goals are to win the UK and the Masters and to do better in China. Having a title under my belt early in the season gives me the confidence to go on and win more."

Three-times World Champion O'Sullivan said: "I'm always critical of myself but I have to give Neil credit, I take my hat off to him. He's playing like a World Champion and World No 1. He's a consistently great cueist, he's confident and good under pressure. When John Higgins comes back they will have a good rivalry.

souce world snooker website

Postby Iranu

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wrote:

I see the similarity but i think Robba played far better yesterday than in that match. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong one I believe Ronnie conceded around 3 frames when only needing one snooker. So although Robbo obviously did enough in that match, he wasn't as, shall we say, unforgiving as last night. Also I think Ronnie was visibly trying harder last night as well.

(Sorry if there are fuckloads of typos, I'm using my phone and its effort to go back and fix them)

it was similar to their match when robbo won the grand prix robbo he hammered ronald 5-1 in the quarters `