Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Final Day Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Rocket_ron

onlyevertonjon wrote:
case_master wrote:Thats the third time he has lifted that trophy.

Well done Robbo, too good. its a shame it wasn't Williams v Robbo final, no disrespect to Ronnie but he had a gifted draw and was kind of found out in the end. Williams v Robbo would have went the distance.

I think thats a tad harsh. The in off , the poor pink and slight rub of a green tonight has meant we havent got a closer final. Williams was kind of found out to in that last frame.

case is anti ronnie

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/winner

:afro:

man to beat

JP :ahh: <cool>

Bookies completely underestimated him again this week after another poor Shanghai they never learn :afro:

Postby onlyevertonjon

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/winner

man to beat

Bookies completely underestimated him again this week after another poor Shanghai they never learn :afro:

Too true. You can clean the bookies out backing against O'Sullivan. Hated him losing to Selby in April but my wallet was £217 heavier! <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Robbo playing PTC Leader Pinches in Brugge on Friday i wander how that will go.

2 much Partying he might not bother Going who knows

Postby Bourne

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Bourne wrote:

man to beat

Too true. You can clean the bookies out backing against O'Sullivan. Hated him losing to Selby in April but my wallet was £217 heavier! <laugh>

16/1 on a World champ was insulting even in this format !

Postby onlyevertonjon

Bourne wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
Bourne wrote:

man to beat

Did you lump on? Its the best way to show your disgust <laugh>

Postby Bourne

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Bourne wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
Bourne wrote:Bookies completely underestimated him again this week after another poor Shanghai they never learn :afro:

Did you lump on? Its the best way to show your disgust <laugh>

Yeh absolutely, been a great week all round, will make the UK easier win or lose, roll on Telford <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

Robertson is a smashing player, and could go down as one of the greats even at this juncture. He's won 6 rankers and a World Title, which puts him alongside Ken Doherty, who some would consider a great.

Postby Casey

onlyevertonjon wrote:

Well done Robbo, too good. its a shame it wasn't Williams v Robbo final, no disrespect to Ronnie but he had a gifted draw and was kind of found out in the end. Williams v Robbo would have went the distance.

I think thats a tad harsh. The in off , the poor pink and slight rub of a green tonight has meant we havent got a closer final. Williams was kind of found out to in that last frame.

Compare Williams draw to Ronnie and up until that final frame Mark had been the best all week. Ronnie only had Maguire who hasn;t reached a final in over two years :huh2:

As I said no disrespect to Ronnie, he beat who was put in front of him and did it well but I felt Mark was playing better.

The poor pink is the sort of thing he has been getting away with against Hendry and White but his first top class opponent was always going to take advantage.

Postby Alex0paul

It will be interesting to see how he does now at the UK given his pretty average record in it. If he wins that then he is on course to matching the greatest left hander's achievement of holding the BBC titles at once.

Postby onlyevertonjon

case_master wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

Compare Williams draw to Ronnie and up until that final frame Mark had been the best all week. Ronnie only had Maguire who hasn;t reached a final in over two years :huh2:

As I said no disrespect to Ronnie, he beat who was put in front of him and did it well but I felt Mark was playing better.

The poor pink is the sort of thing he has been getting away with against Hendry and White but his first top class opponent was always going to take advantage.

You may have a Case <laugh> . Williams did have a lovely lady of a draw. Still think its fair to say that Neil had the slight run tonight, which meant 5-1, rather than closer. That said NOBODY would have beaten O'Sullivan last night so Maguire did kop it a bit.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:It will be interesting to see how he does now at the UK given his pretty average record in it. If he wins that then he is on course to matching the greatest left hander's achievement of holding the BBC titles at once.

yes he does poor there and in chinese events and the masters so he can still improve alot and he said so himself according to pollyparrot in the studio tonight <cool>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

One of the things that I admire about Neil Robertson is that he don't fear anyone, Ronnie O'Sullivan included. A humble guy, very grounded & a great champ.

A quick word for our own GJ too. I'm pleased for you GJ. You've got a good 'un there. <ok>

Postby randam05

I am actually very dissapointed ronnie didnt win tonight, such a shame..and i put it down as possibly one of his last chances to win a ''major''. Thats just my opinion although im probably wrong. But if murphy and selby can pick up a gear then ronnies going to find it hard to win big tournaments also with maguire carter ding williams and obviously robertson lingering around its going to be tough for him. Such a shame, he looked very good this week, great focus and composure and played awesome against ebdon and maguire and of course the 147. What a great sportsman though, he couldnt praise robertson enough, also clapping him at the end.

All in all a good week but will never compare to longer formats and im praying they dont change uk or world.

Postby GJ

What i like about robbos games this week on one day he plays safe for a certain shot the next day he goes for the pot that tells me he is sussing the different situations in each match on their own merit

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:All in all a good week but will never compare to longer formats and im praying they dont change uk or world.

I felt sick listening to Davis and John Parrott suggesting the World Championship could do with shortening. Sick.

Postby randam05

thetubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:All in all a good week but will never compare to longer formats and im praying they dont change uk or world.

I felt sick listening to Davis and John Parrott suggesting the World Championship could do with shortening. Sick.

yes same, well infact i was a little sick so yh <ok>

Postby Roland

GJtheaussiestud wrote:What i like about robbos games this week on one day he plays safe for a certain shot the next day he goes for the pot that tells me he is sussing the different situations in each match on their own merit

God spot mate <ok>

Postby onlyevertonjon

randam05 wrote:I am actually very dissapointed ronnie didnt win tonight, such a shame..and i put it down as possibly one of his last chances to win a ''major''. Thats just my opinion although im probably wrong. But if murphy and selby can pick up a gear then ronnies going to find it hard to win big tournaments also with maguire carter ding williams and obviously robertson lingering around its going to be tough for him. Such a shame, he looked very good this week, great focus and composure and played awesome against ebdon and maguire and of course the 147. What a great sportsman though, he couldnt praise robertson enough, also clapping him at the end.

All in all a good week but will never compare to longer formats and im praying they dont change uk or world.

I dont get this Selby love in by some. He has a lot to prove yet. He is not near Ding or Roberton, (Not even close to Neil actually). Great record at the Masters but so had Paul Hunter and I think Paul has become a tad overrated with what horrible events happened. Ali Carter copes some horrendous stick on some boards yet has more ranking wins than Selby. So as I say Selby has some way to go.

Postby Bourne

thetubberlad wrote:

I can see the advantages of it, what do we want from a World Championship, we should at least expect that the final, the showpiece, is between two players playing at the peak of their abilities and putting on a show, and we really haven't seen one of those classic finals for a number of years now. I'm not saying i'm pro-shortening the final, just believe that something ought to be done somewhere along the line.

Postby randam05

Bourne wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

I can see the advantages of it, what do we want from a World Championship, we should at least expect that the final, the showpiece, is between two players playing at the peak of their abilities and putting on a show, and we really haven't seen one of those classic finals for a number of years now. I'm not saying i'm pro-shortening the final, just believe that something ought to be done somewhere along the line.

scheduling <ok>