Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Final Day Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Monique

When did we have a semis line-up with world champions only. So much for being a lottery. If anything the short format only proves to ne more pressure, not less.
The ones who could complain are King, Dott and Carter for being drawn against top players at a very early stage where that would normally not be possible. Random draw + hihg ranking points.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:When did we have a semis line-up with world champions only. So much for being a lottery. If anything the short format only proves to ne more pressure, not less.
The ones who could complain are King, Dott and Carter for being drawn against top players at a very early stage where that would normally not be possible. Random draw + hihg ranking points.

I remember finding this a bit odd beforehand. They were marketing the short frame matches as beneficial for two reasons.

1) There was pressure right from the very first break off shot. There was a lot of pressure, and you'd have to be able to handle it.
2) Anybody can beat anybody. Form went out of the window.

I remember thinking it was a bit :huh: at the time. Surely if you need to be able to deal with pressure quickly, those with experience will beat those making their debuts on the television nearly every time. And so it proved.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Well, we certainly got the shocks and surprises they promised us. I mean two members of the semi-final line-up only ever won one World title each. :eek:

and the 2 opponents they beat in the quarters have a massive 1 ranking title to their name combined

:eek:

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Well, we certainly got the shocks and surprises they promised us. I mean two members of the semi-final line-up only ever won one World title each. :eek:

and the 2 opponents they beat in the quarters have a massive 1 ranking title to their name combined

:eek:

Omigod. :eek:

Postby Casey

Williams has had the toughest draw by far and deserves to win imo. However he won't, Ronnie has had the perfect draw (not saying anything bad, its just the way its worked out) . Even Williams in the final would be no problem, when was the last time Mark beat him...02/03?

Barry will be very happy with the final line up, but he needs someone to take at least a couple of frames off Ronnie tonight or else the crowd will be let down.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:Williams has had the toughest draw by far and deserves to win imo. However he won't, Ronnie has had the perfect draw (not saying anything bad, its just the way its worked out) . Even Williams in the final would be no problem, when was the last time Mark beat him...02/03?

Barry will be very happy with the final line up, but he needs someone to take at least a couple of frames off Ronnie tonight or else the crowd will be let down.

ROS vs Ebdon, I reckon could be interesting. (I use that term loosely. Ebdon has bored silly all week.) I think if Ronnie gets off to a good start, he'll win 3-0 easy. In less then an hour. And he'll be hyped for it, because he absolutely loathes playing Ebdon. Also, it's almost definite Ebdon will try and use that against him and labour out a win. Personally, I think a 3-0 win to Ronnie though.

My final prediction; Ronnie vs Mark Williams.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:When did we have a semis line-up with world champions only. So much for being a lottery. If anything the short format only proves to ne more pressure, not less.

but its not cost King,Carter or Dott their place in the Elite so the tournament has gone off well.

however having Best of 5 matches today involving that line up is a massive let down for me....they will be over so quick before you get in to enjoying the matches.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:however having Best of 5 matches today involving that line up is a massive let down for me....they will be over so quick before you get in to enjoying the matches.

Exactly my point and what GJ keeps missing. At this stage the matches should be longer to rule out the possibility of a match being decided by a single run of the ball. It could happen in either of the 3 matches today, with both players in a match playing great then a bit of luck will decide it. That is a lottery, not great at all. <doh>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Has Ebdon won a frame in one visit all week?

hes not won a frame in 10 visits all week lol

i think there will be mind games today because of the fact ebdon is pants and he can never beat Ronnie playing open snooker Ronnie will swamp him.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:They should have the semi-finals as best of 3 and the final a single frame shoot out

why you got something on tonight ??

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:They should have the semi-finals as best of 3 and the final a single frame shoot out

No, no, no.

As the two most popular players are Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan, we should ban everybody else as players, and have them come out for a respotted black every year to decide who is the World Champion, and devote the rest of the time to something more interesting.

Postby jadechelsea

randam05 wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:just had a quick frame against randam05 and i scored 13 points with 5 reds and 1 brown

<ok> great brown though! fantastic

yh i was very happy when i got that mark allens shot ;)

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:Is there any sport more boring then Formula One? :sad: My parents love this stuff.

i now you just see a car go round a track and then every so often you see a crash it would be so bouring to go and warch becouse you prouble wont even see them when they go past :huh2:

Postby randam05

jadechelsea wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is there any sport more boring then Formula One? :sad: My parents love this stuff.

i now you just see a car go round a track and then every so often you see a crash it would be so bouring to go and warch becouse you prouble wont even see them when they go past :huh2:

<ok> worst tv sport ever, absolute crap

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:MARK WILLIAMS IS GOING TO LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON ROBERTSON'S CANDY ASS!

log on to snooker island and discover peoples fantasies :redneck: