Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Roland

Yes come to think of it he did miss a trick at the Crucible this time. How did it go, was he 4-0 up and then 4-4 and a similar thing in the second session or something? I remember him playing really well and wondered how the hell he wasn't ahead. Still, against anyone else he would have won.

Their Masters semi was a classic match. I certainly came away from it feeling how unlucky he was not to win but also how well O'Sullivan played rather than thinking he blobbed it.

Postby Roland

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Gould on facebook said

I let him dictate the match so its my own fault

but he seems happy with his performance and looking forward to future events also saying he imagines top 16 players don't want to draw him now. He is going to be top 16 very soon I feel. A good run in the UK would aid his chances of an automatic Crucible spot.

i hope he keeps it up and not become another flash in the pan

He's no flash in the pan, trust me.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Sonny wrote:Yes come to think of it he did miss a trick at the Crucible this time. How did it go, was he 4-0 up and then 4-4 and a similar thing in the second session or something? I remember him playing really well and wondered how the hell he wasn't ahead. Still, against anyone else he would have won.

Their Masters semi was a classic match. I certainly came away from it feeling how unlucky he was not to win but also how well O'Sullivan played rather than thinking he blobbed it.

No I think it was 4-4 over night but trading frames rather than one taking a lead. In fact I think Ronnie was 3 up and then 4-1. It was the second session it was 6-6 when it really should have been 7-5 Mark at least. Moved on to 8-6 Mark and Ronnie was playing really poorly but Mark missed a good chance for 9-6 and then Ronnie did what he does best, half chance and rattled off not one but two frames. I may be being harsh on Mark but he seems to tighten against Ronnie and no one else. But as I said he is bang in form now so could be all different.

Postby jadechelsea

rocket_ron wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:yh like too warch martin it is a shame he lost but i think he will win a somethink soon <ok>

typo errors :santa:

sorry rocket_ron :)

only messing wit ya, im the worst on here for it

oh right haha <laugh>

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:yh like too warch martin it is a shame he lost but i think he will win a somethink soon <ok>

typo errors :santa:

sorry rocket_ron :)

only messing wit ya, im the worst on here for it

im great at typing but i cant spell for tofee <laugh>

Postby Roland

No wild is the worst, and yes I remember now everton. The urgency of "Quick, he's off the boil, go for the kill" did it for him. Once it was 8-8 that was it.

In 2008 he held Ronnie to 9-7 but he was playing all tournament like he did tonight. Mark hung on to his coat tails, no one else kept that close to him but Ronnie still ran away after that and finished off with a max didn't he?

In the Masters semi Mark played as good as he had for years, the start of the current resurgence if you like. I don't think Mark is scared of Ronnie by any means, he plays his own game and still goes for all the shots. Hopefully they will contest the final because it will be the perfect end to this tournament.