Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:another phrase that has annoyed me this week is "well that HAS to be the match of the tournament so far". Why can't they wait till the end of the week and make a proper judgment of what was the best. For me the best match in terms of quality, tension and drama was Selby/Hawkins. BUT a couple of others have definitely been memorable. <ok>

yes that really is getting on my tits every bloody good match.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Bourne wrote:Hendo in the studio today

Its great to hear him. Its clear he still plays because snooker its everything to him. He has been saying for about 3-4 years now "I only play to be at the business end of tournements", but he isnt getting there so therefore its either delusion or love for the game. I'm sure its the latter.

It will be a sad day when he retires but it will be great if he moves to the BEEB. With Ken finishing and Stephen looking likely to in the next 2 years we're getting fresh blood at the BBC

Postby Bourne

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Bourne wrote:Hendo in the studio today

Its great to hear him. Its clear he still plays because snooker its everything to him. He has been saying for about 3-4 years now "I only play to be at the business end of tournements", but he isnt getting there so therefore its either delusion or love for the game. I'm sure its the latter.

It will be a sad day when he retires but it will be great if he moves to the BEEB. With Ken finishing and Stephen looking likely to in the next 2 years we're getting fresh blood at the BBC

I like Ken but I wish he'd stay in the studio rather than the box, his voice is grating and doesn't suit those mikes, and a bit too cliched for my liking.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I'm getting annoyed by people who think it's acceptable to talk to me and ask me to do stuff when Ding and Mark Williams are playing. :wild2:

make me a cup of coffee while you at it <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm getting annoyed by people who think it's acceptable to talk to me and ask me to do stuff when Ding and Mark Williams are playing. :wild2:

make me a cup of coffee while you at it <laugh>

Hang on, I'm deciding what I am doing for my birthday in October. My mum must know... <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:this is why best of 5s is not really my thing

Mark is 2-0 down having done very little wrong and had no chance.

took the words out my mouth

You took the words right out of my mouth,
It must've been you were kissing me,
You took the words right out of my mouth,
I swear that it's true I was just about to say I love you.

Oooh.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:this is why best of 5s is not really my thing

Mark is 2-0 down having done very little wrong and had no chance.

What ?! Mark's had at least three chances in the first two frames, Ding's just taken his.

Postby Wildey

i am enjoying it and there is a place for it unlike rubbish clock bullocks but you want to see players have some chance in matches and shorter they are less chance you got of having a chance.