Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Roland

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Sonny wrote:Williams and Ronnie will both be back in the top 4 if they win their semi-finals tomorrow. John Higgins will be there too. When was the last time 3 of the big 4 were in the top 4?

Didnt read that properly at all. Thought you said the big 4 in the top 4

That was 2003/04 season

3 of the big 4 was 2006/07 with Hendry, Higgins and O'Sullivan.

Interestingly Williams was already down to 9th by 2005!

Thanks for that. Yes as wild pointed out I got excited there because I looked at it and saw both would leapfrog Maguire currently in 4th if they win their semis. It was Carter I'd forgotten about <doh>

Still, it would be good to see Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams back in the top 4 just as long as Selby is the one who joins them and not Robbo :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:what do you like ricky more than robertson or did you say ricky would beet robertson?stalin

I like Ricky, met him in qualifiers once, and he seems a real nice person. I also like his style around the table, no dodgey antics. <ok>

Smart what would you class as dodgy antics?

Postby Roland

Just realised the BBC webshite has 2 different sized feeds for the snooker. I've been watching the smaller sized one and instantly the bigger one is the better picture and sound <doh>

Postby onlyevertonjon

Sonny wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
Sonny wrote:Williams and Ronnie will both be back in the top 4 if they win their semi-finals tomorrow. John Higgins will be there too. When was the last time 3 of the big 4 were in the top 4?

Didnt read that properly at all. Thought you said the big 4 in the top 4

That was 2003/04 season

3 of the big 4 was 2006/07 with Hendry, Higgins and O'Sullivan.

Interestingly Williams was already down to 9th by 2005!

Thanks for that. Yes as wild pointed out I got excited there because I looked at it and saw both would leapfrog Maguire currently in 4th if they win their semis. It was Carter I'd forgotten about <doh>

Still, it would be good to see Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams back in the top 4 just as long as Selby is the one who joins them and not Robbo :redneck:

No probs. I feel like Phil Yates now though!

Postby Wildey

Willie Thorne

Robertson Breaking off in what he hopes will be the final frame,but the way this match is going we will never know

Willie yes we will after 2 frames maximum <doh> <laugh>

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:what do you like ricky more than robertson or did you say ricky would beet robertson?stalin

I like Ricky, met him in qualifiers once, and he seems a real nice person. I also like his style around the table, no dodgey antics. <ok>

Thanks for the question. <ok>

Taking too long between frames is once such tactic I tend to frown upon (comfort breaks). Another is coughing for no real reason, and coughing without putting ones hand to ones mouth. That irritates StalinESQ very much, so it does.

<ok> :wave:
Last edited by Smart on 25 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Just realised the BBC webshite has 2 different sized feeds for the snooker. I've been watching the smaller sized one and instantly the bigger one is the better picture and sound <doh>

No HD sonny :john:

I'll get the lounge tomorrow night, make sure of it :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Just realised the BBC webshite has 2 different sized feeds for the snooker. I've been watching the smaller sized one and instantly the bigger one is the better picture and sound <doh>

will you lock her in the shed :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Thanks for the question. <ok>

Taking too long between frames is once such tactic I tend to frown upon. Another is coughing for no real reason, and coughing without putting ones hand to ones mouth. That irritates StalinESQ very much, so it does.

<ok> :wave:

oh im trying to rack my brains of what player best fits that discription :huh:

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

good lad :bowdown:

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:R-ron

I will give you a clue......................... he has blonde hair (not sure if it is dyed though, cos I think he is really a ginger). :wave:

does he use hair straighteners? :chin: :chin:

not sure, does he use a comb is another way to look at it................. :wave:

Postby Wildey

OK this is a different tournament to the GP but effectively Neil Robertson is defending champion and hes doing a great Job Defending a title as a World Champion with all the Pressure involved in that.