Topic locked

Hendry vs O'Sullivan: Who do you think will win ?

Poll ended at 24 Sep 2010

Stephen Hendry
50%
Ronnie O'Sullivan
50%

Total votes : 12

World Open 2010 R16: Hendry vs O'Sullivan

Postby Bourne

Clash of the titans, battle of the legends, call it what you will ... who do you think will come out best in this encounter ?

The last time they played was in the Premier League in 2009 where the match ended as a 3-3 draw.

Do you think this match on Friday, best of five, will prove a bit of a leveller ? Hendry has yet top drop a frame (3-0 vs Haneveer & Davis) whilst O'Sullivan saw off Mark King, with a 147, and Jimmy White for the loss of only one frame. Despite their respectively comfortable route to this stage, neither has been quite at their best although one would expect the two players to raise their game for this encounter and hopefully produce a very entertaining match.

The match will be played second in the afternoon on Friday 24 September.

Re: World Open 2010 R16: Hendry vs O'Sullivan

Postby Wildey

if Ronnie plays like he did today Stephen has a chance Ronnie was Hopeless Today and for that matter all the matches ive seen him this season. but you just Know Tomorrow he will Turn it on ive gone for 3-1 Ronnie in Predicts and ill Stick to that.

But i wouldn't be surprised if he Bombed and Hendry Hammers him.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Hendry will get in 1st frame and miss on 30 or 40, Ronnie will clear. After that it will be all over. 3-0 Ronnie, its a cert

he hardly cleared consistently today.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:Hendry will get in 1st frame and miss on 30 or 40, Ronnie will clear. After that it will be all over. 3-0 Ronnie, its a cert

He did i the last frame when the danger was on. He knew he could beat Jimmy with his C/D game, he will be well up for Hendry.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He did i the last frame when the danger was on. He knew he could beat Jimmy with his C/D game, he will be well up for Hendry.

when he realised Jimmy was not up to it he finished him off with a good table lay out you got to expect that and Stephen Knows that.

He has to not make things easy for Ronnie sorry but Jimmy and King gave him early Christmas Presents.

Postby Tubberlad

kriss wrote:Ronnie has everything to play for and Hendry has nothing.

I think Ronnie will win as Hendry just isnt as consistent as he used to be.

I'm saying Stephen Hendry to win this match and win his 37th ranking title

Postby kriss

By his own admission he does not and is not prepared to put in the hours on the table anymore.

Hendry must have zero motivation these days. The effort and push it would take to win another UK or world probably isnt worth the time.