Topic locked

Ronnie v. White

Postby kriss

Something very fishy about this game. Ive never seen Ronnie miss so many and run so easily out of position.

No doubt in my mind these two have been told to put on a show and make a real match of it. Ive never see Ronnie play so many bad position shots!

N.B - This is the opinion of myself and not necessarily snooker Island or its administration.

Re: Ronnie v. White

Postby Roland

It seems to be Ronnie and not Jimmy who is part of any plan. I would guess it's just him being him. I felt Paul Hunter let Jimmy win the Welsh that time as well.

Postby Bourne

In the same week that Hearn has introduced a new anti-corruption unit into the sport ? I wonder what tgntg would have to say about this :chin:

Postby Thompson Lykes

Sonny wrote:It seems to be Ronnie and not Jimmy who is part of any plan. I would guess it's just him being him. I felt Paul Hunter let Jimmy win the Welsh that time as well.

don't you mean the tournament that was held in Glasgow? It wasn't the Regal or the Grand Prix?

Postby Monique

I think Ronnie is just feeling unconfortable playing Jimmy who is a close friend. I remember when he played him last in the PL, and beat him hard, he looked thoroughly unhappy and embarassed.
And maybe all the turmoil caused by his 140-147 is still clouding his mind also.

Postby Roland

Thompson Lykes wrote:
Sonny wrote:It seems to be Ronnie and not Jimmy who is part of any plan. I would guess it's just him being him. I felt Paul Hunter let Jimmy win the Welsh that time as well.

don't you mean the tournament that was held in Glasgow? It wasn't the Regal or the Grand Prix?

It was the Welsh. I watched the event on BBC Wales using Sky and Hunter was gifting Jimmy chances left right and centre and had a massive grin on his face when Jimmy won. I don't believe there was anything sinister in it other than he thought this could be Jimmy's last ever win and he was in a position to do something about it.

Pure speculation obviously :john:

but Hunter was playing his F game compared with his A game of the previous rounds.

Postby SnookerFan

For bucks sake. Can't anybody play badly without it being a matchfixing scandal these days? <doh>

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:For intercourses sake. Can't anybody play badly without it being a matchfixing scandal these days? <doh>

Absolutely ... :) Next thing is people saying that Ronnie playing like poo in PL last week was practice for this!

Postby SnookerFan

I think they should investigate Steve Davis. Did you see how many blacks he missed in the 1985 final?
Last edited by SnookerFan on 23 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.