Topic locked

Re: 12bet.com World Open Last 64 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:Not necessary as there's only one table ;)

its quite ironic (or a pisstake) that this is being launched now with a one-table set up.................the PTC featured multi tables, the Shanghai Masters multi tables...............now we are down to one table and out comes the LIVE scoring.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - we can SEE the action now <ok> <doh> <ok> <doh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Not necessary as there's only one table ;)

its quite ironic (or a pisstake) that this is being launched now with a one-table set up.................the PTC featured multi tables, the Shanghai Masters multi tables...............now we are down to one table and out comes the LIVE scoring.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - we can SEE the action now <ok> <doh> <ok> <doh>

smart ive already sent in a e mail saying just that lol

well if it freezes with one table its back to the drawing board.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Sunday afternoon is booked. We finally get to see Igor although it's a bitter twist as he's up against one of my all time faves.

This is one of the top 4 matches im looking forward to this weekend,

the others being Hendry - Haneveer, Davis - Ebdon and Jimmys match :excited:

Postby SnookerFan

Got some flat viewings tomorrow night, so I am making sure I stock up on provisions for the weekend (and hopefully beyond, depending on how much I consume.)

Beer and salty snacks will be purchased tonight, friends. <ok>

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:just realised the DFS player has qualified as he appeared on tv stages before

:chin: :)

I was browsing 606 at lunchtime and in the snooker section one article had a comment saying they thought Mark Allen would win the World Open........................ <laugh> rofl :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I thought I'd get the beers in now, get them nice and chilled for Saturday (and beyond). I brought 12. One sprung a leak. :-(

I had three different four-packs then, the symmetary has gone out of the window.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:just realised the DFS player has qualified as he appeared on tv stages before

I was browsing 606 at lunchtime and in the snooker section one article had a comment saying they thought Mark Allen would win the World Open........................ <laugh> rofl :wave:

god do they know anything on there <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

god do they know anything on there <doh>

They think he's got as much chance as Jimmy White.

Postby GJ

Robertson Set For Dott Rematch

Neil Robertson will play in a ranking event on British soil for the first time since becoming Betfred.com World Snooker Champion this Saturday - and he does so against Crucible final opponent Graeme Dott.

Robertson beat Scotland's Dott 18-13 in Sheffield last May to become the first Australian to win the sport's biggest title, and hopes to come out on top again when the two go head to head in the 12BET.com World Open at the SECC in Glasgow at 2.30pm on Saturday.

"The two world finalists going at it in the first round should be fun,” said the Thunder From Down Under. "The matches are only best-of-five frames but there are a lot of ranking points at stake which puts the players under pressure, and that suits me fine. You have to make sure you are up for it from the first shot. There will be a lot of close matches, which is what people want to see."

Robertson has a superb record in Scotland, having won the Grand Prix in Aberdeen in 2006 and in Glasgow last year. “It’s been a happy hunting ground for me and I love playing in Scotland,” he said. “There always seem to be good crowds and a good atmophere. Last year I beat John Higgins in the semi-finals, 6-5 on the last black in an unbelievable match, which has to go down as one of my best ever wins."

But the left-hander still believes that there is room for improvement. “In the last five years I have won five ranking events, including the World title, so there’s not that much that I haven’t done yet," he added. "I made a step up in my game last season, my break-building improved, I made a lot of centuries (42, more than any other player) and my first official 147. But I still feel that I can become a better player, and I will do that if I work hard in practice."

SOURCE : WORLD SNOOKER WEBSITE

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Robertson Set For Dott Rematch

Neil Robertson will play in a ranking event on British soil for the first time since becoming Betfred.com World Snooker Champion this Saturday - and he does so against Crucible final opponent Graeme Dott.

Robertson beat Scotland's Dott 18-13 in Sheffield last May to become the first Australian to win the sport's biggest title, and hopes to come out on top again when the two go head to head in the 12BET.com World Open at the SECC in Glasgow at 2.30pm on Saturday.

"The two world finalists going at it in the first round should be fun,” said the Thunder From Down Under. "The matches are only best-of-five frames but there are a lot of ranking points at stake which puts the players under pressure, and that suits me fine. You have to make sure you are up for it from the first shot. There will be a lot of close matches, which is what people want to see."

Robertson has a superb record in Scotland, having won the Grand Prix in Aberdeen in 2006 and in Glasgow last year. “It’s been a happy hunting ground for me and I love playing in Scotland,” he said. “There always seem to be good crowds and a good atmophere. Last year I beat John Higgins in the semi-finals, 6-5 on the last black in an unbelievable match, which has to go down as one of my best ever wins."

But the left-hander still believes that there is room for improvement. “In the last five years I have won five ranking events, including the World title, so there’s not that much that I haven’t done yet," he added. "I made a step up in my game last season, my break-building improved, I made a lot of centuries (42, more than any other player) and my first official 147. But I still feel that I can become a better player, and I will do that if I work hard in practice."

SOURCE : WORLD SNOOKER WEBSITE

Saw that on the World Snooker website already. God, I am having a slow day at work.

Postby randam05

do you get this enthusiastic when watching them play as you do on here? cause you sound like robertsons biggest fan. Do you cheer him on? chant? dance round the room when he wins? or pots a ball?

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:do you get this enthusiastic when watching them play as you do on here? cause you sound like robertsons biggest fan. Do you cheer him on? chant? dance round the room when he wins? or pots a ball?

<laugh> :afro:

Postby Roland

Robbo is right, there is room for improvement in his game and if he gets it right then he'll be a real handful for anybody no matter what the format.