Topic locked

Who has seen that Eurosport error?

Postby SnookerFan

They keep advertising the Snooker World Championships, coming up in September. rofl

They don't even know the names of the tournaments they're showing. That's pretty sloppy.

Re: Who has seen that Eurosport error?

Postby Bourne

Pretty smart marketing to be honest, most casual mugs will believe they'll be tuning into the Worlds and get the audience figures up. That deserves a Image

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Pretty smart marketing to be honest, most casual mugs will believe they'll be tuning into the Worlds and get the audience figures up. That deserves a Image

Smart Marketing. <laugh> <laugh> rofl

Firstly, they are advertising something that they aren't delivering, and are incapable of delivering. You could complain to the ASA.

Secondly, I don't think it was deliberate in the slightest. Eurosport aren't that clever. <doh>

Postby randam05

It says something like ..'the snooker world championship...is followed by the shanghai masters this september' ..doesnt it? listen again im not to sure..but yes on first hearing I thought it was the world championship lol.

Postby randam05

If we didnt have eurosport though we wouldnt have shanghai masters, china open and whatever other tournaments they host this season. So its better than nothing.

Postby Roland

Right from the start Eurosport has always been mega-quirky and if they suddenly went all mega-professional on us then it would definitely lose its character and appeal. Plus, they have a lot of very good events throughout the year and they are covering both Chinese ranking events even though theoretically they are outside their remit not being in Europe.

I have all the Sky Sports channels and ITV 4 and all that and Eurosport is by far my favourite and I hope they always keep this style.

Postby randam05

True, never though that they show chinese tournament although being EUROsport. Their quirky style and poor commentary brings a laugh so its all good although there was nothing funny about not showing todays decider with ali n stevens.

Postby Roland

The only commentator I have a problem with is Mike Smith, but I like Joe Johnson and Mike Hallett and obviously Hendon is the best of the lot.

Postby Roland

:huh2:

Eurosport adverts breaks are shorter than other commercial channels by a country mile!

Anyway, I'm at 4-4 in the Stevens match and happened to see snooker was on at 8pm tonight so hit the Sky+ button and they're showing this match again so I will get to see the final frame after all. Have to say though, up to 4-4 Stevens hasn't been the massive bottler I was expecting. Had a few thing gone his way which didn't then he would be through to face Selby. So I'll wait and see how the decider panned out.

Postby randam05

Enjoy, theres plenty of excitement.

Does anyone know for sure where german masters and PTC Finals are being shown?

Postby Roland

No confirmation but I would guess the PTC finals could be on Sky or ITV4 and I bet the German Masters on Eurosport. Did you see what Michaela said in the interview about the German Masters? I can't wait for that. I may even take a day off work if it's live on tv.

Postby Bourne

Stevens was always behind in the decider till the pink I believe so he did well to hang in but to have such a guilt edge chance after all that fighting and miss it, makes it completely unworthwhile

Postby randam05

Quote of the day: ''its the machine gun from stoke jamie cope thats take the frame''

( cant remember which commentator) but still the machine gun!? thought it was shot gun haha

Postby Roland

randam05 wrote:Nope, is it easy to find? or could you send a quote or link please?

Top link in Hot Topics, Blog button top left of screen, twitter feed, facebook feed etc etc

Can't find it <doh>

Something ain't working here :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:No confirmation but I would guess the PTC finals could be on Sky or ITV4 and I bet the German Masters on Eurosport. Did you see what Michaela said in the interview about the German Masters? I can't wait for that. I may even take a day off work if it's live on tv.

the German masters is a 5 day event Wednesday 2nd of Feb to Sunday 6th of Feb

take 3 days off work ;)

Postby Roland

ok, although I will stand naked outside for the Monday and Tuesday so I can get man flu and have some free days :ahh:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:ok, although I will stand naked outside for the Monday and Tuesday so I can get man flu and have some free days :ahh:

yes dont waste holidays

get newmonia :redneck:

Postby randam05

Isnt it pneumonia?

I read the whole interview and she said 5 tables which sounds interesting, but I can see standards being poor that week to be honest, and the venue looks pretty amazing. Look forward to seeing this.

Postby Roland

With big crowds the big players hit their form, don't worry about that. And there is a spell checker by the way, the ABC hovering over a blue tick above the posting box. I think you're right but wild is definitely wrong <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Newmonia <laugh>

whitch bloody idiot wrote this pneumonia in a bloody dictionary it sounds bullocks my interpritation is the right and sensible spelling of it <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Newmonia <laugh>

whitch bloody idiot wrote this pneumonia in a bloody dictionary it sounds balls my interpritation is the right and sensible spelling of it <ok>

Yes we should definitely go with your interpritation mate, whoever made up that word kneeds a slap. :grrr: