Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Semi Finals Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Morning wild. Yes Burnett is playing the snooker of his life it seems :santa:

bullocks

this is a joke

Postby Roland

I said from wildcard round on Monday that Burnett was playing very well. I'm not surprised to see him here but had Ronnie been in the draw then he wouldn't have got past round 2 probably. Still, he's here on merit and he's played very well this morning so what is your problem, UK match v Mags aside?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I said from wildcard round on Monday that Burnett was playing very well. I'm not surprised to see him here but had Ronnie been in the draw then he wouldn't have got past round 2 probably. Still, he's here on merit and he's played very well this morning so what is your problem, UK match v Mags aside?

so the improved standards is hanging by the fact 2 bloody player ie Ronnie and Higgins is in the Draw or not if they missing any farty journeymen can get to a final.

Postby Roland

If had played like he has this week throughout his career then he would have featured in a lot more tv matches no matter what the era. That says he is playing the best snooker of his career to date in the last season or so.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:If had played like he has this week throughout his career then he would have featured in a lot more tv matches no matter what the era. That says he is playing the best snooker of his career to date in the last season or so.

So standards not better

he is not a different player as he was 16 years ago hes the same player hasent had a brain or ability transplant its just being at the right place at the right time this week.

Postby Roland

Davis should have beaten him yesterday by all accounts and Cope has got down on himself after losing the first 3 frames so he could have faced tougher opposition. The draw has favoured him yes, but he has played well you can't take that away from him.

Postby Wildey

you cant even say the PTC Has helped

his only PTC Win was against Jamie Clark in PTC1 in june

anyway hes a few pots from the final after sloppyness from cope in this frame

Postby Wildey

Sonny

as a Selby fan i think he will never get a easier chance to win a Ranking title.

yes Carter Hard but Carter was useless yesterday and not played well all week to be honest Every match been a struggle for him.

Postby Wildey

jadechelsey is a good judge at 11 lol

she went for a Burnett win as i say when its your week its your week <laugh>

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:intercourses sake Cope think about it will you?

That pretty much sums it up and that's why I don't fancy Cope to ever be a great player. Very frustrating!

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:AND TOMORROWS FINAL...eurosport=annoying

Going to have to order eurosport HD NOW..anyone know the prices?

i ordered the HD Channel on eurosport player just for the week <ok>

Postby jadechelsea

she went for a Burnett win as i say when its your week its your week

no luck, i have been studying the games carefully to decide winner and i could see burnett beating cope as he has played very well .

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:

she went for a Burnett win as i say when its your week its your week

no luck, i have been studying the games carefully to decide winner and i could see burnett beating cope as he has played very well .

cope has played better with the players he has beaten

he beat Davis playing Steves very own game that was the most impresive match ive seen cope playing where he had to fight for chances they were not falling at his feet.

then he beat Ding Junhui in his own front room in china with millions wanting you to get thrashed.

Then he beat Greame Dott a World Finalist that was on a high after a tough match with Mark Williams

and just as the going should have got easier he blobbs to a 6-1 vs a Journeyman :?

Postby Alex0paul

This afternoon's match is pretty much the final IMO. Burnett has said he has felt very tired after each match and given that tomorrows match is over two sessions I cannot see him having the stamina to win.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:This afternoon's match is pretty much the final IMO. Burnett has said he has felt very tired after each match and given that tomorrows match is over two sessions I cannot see him having the stamina to win.

Selby or Carter should get their second ranking tournament and Selby his second title of the season BUT Burnett's name could be on the trophy.