Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Semi Finals Discussion!!!!

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:Match ball in the decider, he didn't even get it close. I would have had several heart failures if I was a Stevens fan over the last few years quite frankly

thanks - confirmation - I have not re-watched it....but was sure on first viewing that it hardly troubled the jaws of the pocket <laugh> rofl

Postby kostasmad

Checked the rankings. So its between Stevens and Davis for the the 16th spot. Tough to call...Especially in the world open. Matthew cannot bottle a best of 5 right?

Postby GJ

kostasmad wrote:Checked the rankings. So its between Stevens and Davis for the the 16th spot. Tough to call...Especially in the world open. Matthew cannot bottle a best of 5 right?

davis choked badly as well so its anyones guess

;)

Postby Wildey

kostasmad wrote:Checked the rankings. So its between Stevens and Davis for the the 16th spot. Tough to call...Especially in the world open. Matthew cannot bottle a best of 5 right?

theres 2 more tournaments before the revised Rankings EPTC 2 has Stevens vs Carter first Round so thats tough for him to get nothing out of that where as Davis in EPTC2 has a Amateur first match and a good run to the Last 16

Postby GJ

I’m gutted I lost today. I suppose I should have wrapped it up earlier, but things happen. Gutted I missed the black in last frame although it was tough. Never mind I look at it as a positive start to the official ranking events. I can only look forward now, feeling positive that I had a good run and I know I’m playing well. Looking forward to Glasgow now. I’m playing well enough to have a run there.

Thanks guys for the support. Let’s hope for a final in World Open.

Postby Bourne

I felt sorry for him to be honest but he has a good attitude to look forward instead of dwelling on the errors. Who's he play in Glasgow ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:I felt sorry for him to be honest but he has a good attitude to look forward instead of dwelling on the errors. Who's he play in Glasgow ?

he beat grand pa morgan in last 64 so he has to wait till the last 64 matches are over

:afro:

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, very harsh on Stevens. I'm not a big fan of his, I must admit. But I can't stand Carter. The table has more charisma then him. I will be rooting for a Selby victory tomorrow.

I don't really care who wins The Battle of the Jamies. Probably prefer Cope, but not really fussed. Then again, I remember watching Selby vs Cope at the UK Championships. :zzz:

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:I’m gutted I lost today. I suppose I should have wrapped it up earlier, but things happen. Gutted I missed the black in last frame although it was tough. Never mind I look at it as a positive start to the official ranking events. I can only look forward now, feeling positive that I had a good run and I know I’m playing well. Looking forward to Glasgow now. I’m playing well enough to have a run there.

Thanks guys for the support. Let’s hope for a final in World Open.

Is he in the World Open? :huh:

Postby SnookerFan

Anyway, peeps. Just as the semi-finals/final draws in, I am off to Birmingham to celebrate a 50th birthday party in the family. I aint going to be able to watch any snooker tomorrow. Hope to be up at 7am to watch at least some of the final on Sunday.

Enjoy tomorrow's play. I hopefully will be able to manage to find an internet outlet to see tomorrow's results, if nothing else. Enjoy it people, I'll see you when I see you to discuss all things snooker.

Keep an eye on Wild. Somebody has to. :wave:

Postby randam05

See you later snookerfan..have a good time and look forward to chatting more snooker when you return. We will enjoy tomorrows snooker dont you worry :D bye.

Postby Roland

Carter blob and even JJ thought MS would be on the bus home. Long bus ride through some dangerous territory that.

Could be Carter's last shot apparently. We will see :redneck:

Postby Bourne

Ah yes he had two chances from 0-50, thought he was screwed after missing the first ! Have you seen the black from Carter yet today to win ? Class

Postby Roland

Blob on the blue hit the pink leaving a tough red. That's 3 blobs since 50-0. I'll do a blob count.

Oh with 2 reds left it's a certaintly surely!

Another blob leaves pink as back up, that's 4

nice shot, not a blob to cannon into last red. JJ is starting to summarise - commentators curse in action

adrenaline too far for position - not really a blob. Nice blue now I'm waiting for the bit where Carter puts him off. Yellow down, even I can clear from here :redneck:

green, brown, perfect on blue.... must be a blob now.... adrenaline hit it too hard, not a blob.

OMG EXTENSION!!! WTF? That's way too far out!

I know what happens now because Stalin described it. Black is a sitter really. So he does a Ronnie then... nope, blob!

That's 5. Game over.

Yes, great black!