Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Semi Finals Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

well played carter hope to rubbish you dont cockerel up tomorrow after this performance which has been the best of the tournament.

Postby Roland

me either, and can't find a feed. Carter won anyway, that's pretty obvious looking at the set up when they left the coverage. You can only say well played to him because he was playing superb

Postby randam05

Hmm yes shame. oh well. To be honest Id rather see burnett win tomorrow although I probably fancy carter. Hope also some high quality and a tight tense finish.

How many points is there if you predict a correct finalist?

Postby Roland

Black2white wrote:Selby will be really gutted he's blew off the easiest chance to win a ranker :chin: something he doesn't seem to be able to do otherwise :huh2:

I don't know about blowing the easiest chance to win a ranker - who would fancy their chances against Carter when he's playing like that?

Postby Black2white

Sonny wrote:I don't know about blowing the easiest chance to win a ranker - who would fancy their chances against Carter when he's playing like that?

:-( just too disappointed
I saw only live scores actually :ashamed: but if I got it right he had his chances?

Postby Roland

Not really. I'm gutted too, especially as I was expecting a close match and am a Selby fan. I feel flat now and won't be getting up early tomorrow as I thought I would. It's going to be a first session on Sky+ at x6 speed for me.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Black2white wrote:Selby will be really gutted he's blew off the easiest chance to win a ranker :chin: something he doesn't seem to be able to do otherwise :huh2:

I don't know about blowing the easiest chance to win a ranker - who would fancy their chances against Carter when he's playing like that?

yes before the match you would say a easy chance however the way carter played it was anything but easy

Postby Roland

At 2-0 it was easy. It was easy until that what can only be described as a phenomenal clearance in the 4th frame. Carter came to the table with a red on every cushion (apart from baulk so 5 reds on cushions) and cleared up. After that his pants were on fire and he couldn't miss. Add to that his safety game which is better than I've ever seen him play and hey presto: 6 frames on the bounce from 2-0 down.

It was only the Eurosport commentators who called the clearance before it happened - "Chance for 2-2" they said as Selby missed a pink to middle. To clear from there is something you only see a couple of times a season maybe. He played every shot perfectly and never ran out of position, bringing the reds out one by one and retaining position.

Without that break, 3-1 to Selby at the interval = different game. It changed the match but his play after that was inspired.

Postby Wildey

funny how both finalists in this has had rubbish time in the PTC

Carter at 73 with 700 and Burnett at 105 with 200.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:funny how both finalists in this has had poo time in the PTC

You call it funny, other people aren't surprised at all :)

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:

No I'm not as Ali only competed in two events and Jamie in one ... ;) so they could hardly be very high up there.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

yes yes yes Ding and Robbo cocked it up though didnt they :redneck: