Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Semi Finals Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:should've taken the free ball... now he's screwed

yup he handed the advantage to carter

but clever shot <ok>

Postby Roland

Yep, Carter is matching Selby for safety. Sigh of relief there, got out of that one and not left anything easy. Is he going for this?

rubbish.

4-2

Postby Wildey

selby is making things easy for carter here unlike selby to throw the advantage away in a safety exchange

Postby Roland

How did he throw the advantage away there? Please explain. I thought it was 2 good shots from Carter, Selby didn't play a bad shot there.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:How did he throw the advantage away there? Please explain. I thought it was 2 good shots from Carter, Selby didn't play a bad shot there.

he did not take the free ball he put the balls back to a obvious position where carter would leave nothing in escaping from a snooker ie giving the advantage away.....please learn <ok>

Postby Roland

Oh dear, I go away, make a coffee and come back and Carter is right in the balls. I can sense the result already. I want to see an exciting match. Doesn't look likely now.

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:How did he throw the advantage away there? Please explain. I thought it was 2 good shots from Carter, Selby didn't play a bad shot there.

he did not take the free ball he put the balls back to a obvious position where carter would leave nothing in escaping from a snooker ie giving the advantage away.....please learn <ok>

Oh yes because he knew he would leave the white touching the black and snookering both reds from a length of the table cushion first escape didn't he?

Postby Roland

that sounds like I'm admitting defeat, I'm not. He could only lay a similar snooker, he didn't have a free ball pot to go at and he would've been aiming to get the white where it was anyway, so why not put it back? Carter was lucky to land on the black.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Oh yes because he knew he would leave the white touching the black and snookering both reds from a length of the table cushion first escape didn't he?

i said he would before he played it.

the only thing was foul shots no chance in leaving a chance.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:that sounds like I'm admitting defeat, I'm not. He could only lay a similar snooker, he didn't have a free ball pot to go at and he would've been aiming to get the white where it was anyway, so why not put it back? Carter was lucky to land on the black.

he would have been better off putting the white near a balk pocket forcing carter to hit the balls clean with difficult cuing.