Topic locked

Lady Ref!

Postby SnookerFan

This may have been talked about, but who noticed the referee in the Shaun Murphy vs Stephen Lee game yesterday? It was another female referee. :eek: It took the commentators until about frame three to realise she was a woman. One of them being; "I've just noticed something about our referee. It's a woman. Well." <laugh>

Seriously though, is this a sign of Michaela's influence spreading. (No rude jokes, please.) We know she helped Patricia Murphy get into pool, who has also had her own adventures in refereeing snooker exhibition matches.

I don't know who this woman was, but she was obviously a local. I know they sometimes let locals into referee the Shanghai Masters, but she's probably the second female after Michaela to referee ranking events. Unless this has happened before in the Asian tournaments, and I've not noticed. Hopefully we'll get to see more of her ilk. She didn't seem out of place there, and seemed to speak perfectly good English. Good for her. :D
Last edited by SnookerFan on 08 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Lady Ref!

Postby Roland

That comment had to be Mike Hallett!

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:That comment had to be Mike Hallett!

More then likely was. It made me laugh anyway. It was getting on for an hour into their broadcast. <laugh> Top-notch snooker analysis again from Eurosport. <ok>

Postby randam05

Top-notch snooker analysis again from Eurosport. <ok>

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
Top-notch snooker analysis again from Eurosport. <ok>

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Wow. 13 laughies. I must be funny.