Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Anyone know which matches on tv tomorrow?

i dont know the order of play whos playing in the morning even.

all i got as order of play for tomorrow is

Thursday September 9

7.30am

Last 16
Last 16
Last 16
Last 16

12.45pm

Last 16
Last 16
Last 16
Last 16

how the bloody hell can anyone make sense of that rubbish.

come on World snooker ffs concentrate on the game now <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Come on Graeme. Tough part of the draw but hopefully that inspires him like the Worlds rather than the crap he has lost to int the PTC.

Postby SnookerFan

Also Matthew Stevens vs Shaun Murphy should be a corker. Bit of history there, especially in the World Championship. We all know Murphy beat Stevens in the final one year, didn't he knock him out the next year too?

Matthew Stevens got his revenge beating Shaun Murphy in the final of -erm- Pot Black one year too. <doh>

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Also Matthew Stevens vs Shaun Murphy should be a corker. Bit of history there, especially in the World Championship. We all know Murphy beat Stevens in the final one year, didn't he knock him out the next year too?

Matthew Stevens got his revenge beating Shaun Murphy in the final of -erm- Pot Black one year too. <doh>

2010 WELSH OPEN

:afro:

Postby SnookerFan

Mark Selby v Martin Gould. Ay Papi. What match that's going to be. :D

You got Smurphy vs Stevens and Selby vs Gould in one afternoon. Knowing Eurosport, they'll put on Jamie Cope vs Stuart Bingham. <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Also Matthew Stevens vs Shaun Murphy should be a corker. Bit of history there, especially in the World Championship. We all know Murphy beat Stevens in the final one year, didn't he knock him out the next year too?

2010 WELSH OPEN

I'll take your word for it. I didn't get into that tournament, for some reason. Must have been having some kind of emotional meltdown, as I was a bit bored of snooker that week.... Me, bored of snooker. I know.

I think I saw the Higgins vs Ronnie match, the odd frame of a couple of others. I didn't even bother to watch the final, where Higgins beat Day.

I'm back though, and as addicted to snooker as ever now though. :D

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

2010 WELSH OPEN

I'll take your word for it. I didn't get into that tournament, for some reason. Must have been having some kind of emotional meltdown, as I was a bit bored of snooker that week.... Me, bored of snooker. I know.

I think I saw the Higgins vs Ronnie match, the odd frame of a couple of others. I didn't even bother to watch the final, where Higgins beat Day.

Higgins beat Carter not Day.

Day winning enough matches to be in a final? rofl

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

2010 WELSH OPEN

must be getting mixed up with the 2008 Grand Prix

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

2010 WELSH OPEN

That's right. Carter looked like he might defend the title. Right up until he walked out to play Higgins. The match I was thinking of was when Higgins won the Grand Prix. (I think.) Beer and snooker does this to me. <laugh>

I told you I wasnt' feeling it in that tournament. I saw the end of Higgins vs Ronnie in the pub on Eurosport.

Postby SnookerFan

Anyway people, I have been at a friend's house. I have been catching up on my days snooker, and downing a few cans of Red Stripe. I'd better get home because the beer has gone to my head, and I have work tomorrow. (I'll probably do buck all. Hangover. <laugh> )

I'll see you guys online at some point tomorrow. :wave:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Whats these rumours of match fixing today my mates been texting me about? he says the Ding match had all the hallmarks of being a fix for the Chinese to make a fortune through the in-running betting?

buck me pink <doh>

is that what its come to every time there a comeback it must be a fix

god i need a puking smiley

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it then......Even the legendary SNOOKERBACKER is dubious of the Ding match today :john: :no:

Check this out then....

Postby randam05

Hmm does seem suspicious..I cant see ding going along with it, dont know about Longjohn. Did anyone watch the match? did it look as if jinnylong was missing anything on purpose to give dingydong chances?

Eurosport1 is showing one of the tables and eurosport 2 showing the other tomorrow morning. So two table coverage again yay. Can watch one live and record the other for the evening to watch...A whole day of televised snooker for me then! woo

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

2010 WELSH OPEN

That was easily the best I've seen Stevens play since his debacle against Murphy in 2007. I think Stevens can do this, but it'll be very tight.

Postby Roland

Murphy is in his head though. I think there's only one winner, especially if it goes close. 5-1 to Stevens otherwise 5-4 or better to Murphy.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Murphy is in his head though. I think there's only one winner, especially if it goes close. 5-1 to Stevens otherwise 5-4 or better to Murphy.

Stevens pulled out a brilliant clearance in the decider of his last match against Murphy. A side to him that's been sorely lacking when the real big games hung in the balance.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Murphy is in his head though. I think there's only one winner, especially if it goes close. 5-1 to Stevens otherwise 5-4 or better to Murphy.

god i can think of better things in my head
:idea2:
<ok>

Postby Roland

thetubberlad wrote:

Stevens pulled out a brilliant clearance in the decider of his last match against Murphy. A side to him that's been sorely lacking when the real big games hung in the balance.

When was that? I remember him winning a 5-4 last season where he did a trademark run out of position after using an extension but managed to get it back with the next couple of shots. Was that the one?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Any order of play for tomorrow?

Thursday September 9

7.30am

Jamie Burnett v Andrew Higginson
Mark Williams v Greame Dott.
Mark Davis v Stephen Maguire
confirmed matches in bold
my guess its Ding Junhui v Jamie Cope the 4th match in the morning to finish top half of the draw

12.45pm

so by process of elimination its
Allister Carter v Stuart Bingham
Shaun Murphy v Matthew Stevens
Mark Selby v Martin Gould
Mark King v Peter Ebdon

Postby randam05

They better show Williams - Dott tomo morning..well they are showing two tables so I guess they will show that one and probably JunHui? or maguire

Postby Tubberlad

Randam: would you agree that Matthew Stevens is the greatest snooker player to have lived? Some misinformed people here don't seem to side with me on this one...