Topic locked

Re: Ronnie withdraws from Shanghai

Postby kriss

No doubt people will be sceptical as to whether or not Ronies reasons are legit.

It would be good if Ronnie offered to do an exhibition over there sometime later in the Calendar as he is a big attraction for them.

Postby Noel

Sonny wrote:Yep, agree with those sentiments Noel :santa:

One thing I don't agree with though is any notion that snooker can't live on without him. That is the sort of thing that gets on my nerves to be honest with you.

Meant to mate.

A real issue worth considering and discussing.
Perspectives don't appear to be what they used to be.

=o)

Noel

Postby gallantrabbit

Sonny you are right but it would be a HUGE loss if Ronnie the player left the game. HUGE.

Noel,

Sorry to hark back...
Players playing without an audience is called a "dress rehearsal" mate, not the real thing!

Even the PL was a show.

I'm SUPER disappointed about how this new PTC age for snooker has dawned.
They couldn't even manage last years version of Live Scoring!
Now we move into "proper" tournaments... I anxiously await this...

=o\

Noel

In an ideal world of course there is a show for the fans. BUT Hearn had to organize this real quick AND he wanted to get more out of the Sheffield centre as it is a big cost to the WSA. This is a good sign for me that the WSA has stopped being happy to fritter money away. If it means a season without the PTC for US then so be it. I think he'll be looking at other venues for next year, hopefully Gloucester and others.
I'm sure the no fans policy isn't true in Belgium etc is it?
I am surprised he hasn't signed a live streaming deal yet..

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I like Goldstein actually. He is the sort of presenter who brings players personalities out so I imagine he's the sort of person Hearn will be looking to help where he can.

John McDonald who MC's is the one that gets on my nerves. I saw a feature on him once. What a thick lady part.

yes John McDonald is the worst snooker MC he makes John Parrott and Rishi persaud look good.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I like Goldstein actually. He is the sort of presenter who brings players personalities out so I imagine he's the sort of person Hearn will be looking to help where he can.

John McDonald who MC's is the one that gets on my nerves. I saw a feature on him once. What a thick lady part.

He's a idiot. He doesn't ask them anything sensible, and seems to enjoy making jokes rather then asking serious question. Most players just seem baffled by him. God help us if Hearn is looking to bring more people like that hammer in.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

yes John McDonald is the worst snooker MC he makes John Parrott and Rishi persaud look good.

When I was at the Haywards Heath leg the other year, they had him come up to warm up the crowd, Rob Walker style. God, it was grim. He was worse then the interviewer. The leisure centre was called The Dolphin. He came out and said; "I came in this evening, and didn't see one dolphin, I was most disappointed." A lot of people looked at him baffled. But the problem was, he kept trying to do the same joke over and over again. He was like; "I mean, I really like dolphins. When I was told this place was called The Dolphin, I thought they came here to do exercises." Everybody sighed. Just before he signed off, he was like; "I hear Steve Davis is playing a dolphin later, maybe I'll come and watch."

He almost caused a riot, to be fair.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:rofl rofl

jesus christ he is 10 times worst than i thought

He wasn't leaving until somebody laughed at his joke. The worst part was that the leisure centre had recently changed it's name, and only was known as The Dolphin by the locals. Somebody shouted it out to him.

Postby Noel

Speaking of dolphins being more intelligent than some humans...

Did anyone read this?

So long, and thanks for all the fish by Douglas Adams

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has — or rather had — a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terribly stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.

This is her story.

__________________________________ Junkyard???

=o\

Noel

Postby Roland

The bit I was on about was when Sky Sports did a piece on him and where his "Phil, The POOOWWWEEEERRRRR TEEEEEEELLLAAAAAA" came from.

If your claim to fame is the way you shout out someones name then it has to said, you are a complete runt.

Postby Noel

Sonny wrote:The bit I was on about was when Sky Sports did a piece on him and where his "Phil, The POOOWWWEEEERRRRR TEEEEEEELLLAAAAAA" came from.

If your claim to fame is the way you shout out someones name then it has to said, you are a complete runt.

I've seen them smoking but, a talking one is cool.
Maybe I can find a link....

=o)

Noel

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:The bit I was on about was when Sky Sports did a piece on him and where his "Phil, The POOOWWWEEEERRRRR TEEEEEEELLLAAAAAA" came from.

<laugh>

The Premier League = <doh>

Postby Tubberlad

I Ronnie O'Sullivan has pulled out for personal family issues, then I have no problem with that, and I got a little annoyed reading the comments by people on Hendon's blog. I think the slightly vague explanation is understandable really.

Postby Wildey

yes tubber but unfortunally being vague unleashes rumour 10 times quicker than point blank answers.

Ronnie has history of pulling out and now its a running joke to the point after pulling out of Paul Hunter Classic Sonny Joked he will play in the PL but pull a muscle on the way out of the venue lol

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes tubber but unfortunally being vague unleashes rumour 10 times quicker than point blank answers.

Ronnie has history of pulling out and now its a running joke to the point after pulling out of Paul Hunter Classic Sonny Joked he will play in the PL but pull a muscle on the way out of the venue lol

His chin was injured. That's why he wasn't answering any questions properly. We all saw it.

Postby vinot

This was a big disappointment. I was really looking forward to watching Ronnie in action. However, Ronnie doesn't owe me or anyone else anything, so his reasons for not entering is his and his alone.

He'll be missed, but I don't think the fans are in a position to demand his participation. We'll have to do without him this time. I think I'll be cheering for Judd Trump and wildcard Tian Pengfei in Ronnies absence.

Postby Rocket_ron

vinot wrote: Ronnie doesn't owe me or anyone else anything, so his reasons for not entering is his and his alone.

Vinot hi, i dont think i've welcomed you to the forum? if not then i will do it now :wave: <ok>

yes very good comment above there friend, we all get stressed up about ronnies antics but we all know about his troubles and if he cant cope in going to china then i think its fair to withdraw then to go and delibratly lose first match :roll:

Postby Wildey

he owes it to himself he owes it to the contract he has in china however everyone has personnel problems and if its genuine he is right to pull out.

Postby kriss

GJtheaussiestud wrote:his odds on bet fair to win are shortening he was 15/1 last night now 7/1

what do they know

:chin: <laugh>

I was selling odds of 7/1 on betfair that night then thought Id made a big mistake when it looked as though the report of his withdrawal was bogus.

Luckily he is infact out.

Postby vinot

rocket_ron wrote:
vinot wrote: Ronnie doesn't owe me or anyone else anything, so his reasons for not entering is his and his alone.

Vinot hi, i dont think i've welcomed you to the forum? if not then i will do it now :wave: <ok>

yes very good comment above there friend, we all get stressed up about ronnies antics but we all know about his troubles and if he cant cope in going to china then i think its fair to withdraw then to go and delibratly lose first match :roll:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't think I have been welcomed or so, but hey, on the other hand, I haven't presented myself either, a rude boy as I am, I started discussing at once... ;)

When it comes to Ronnie, I agree with your view that it is better to have a happy Ronnie at home than an unhappy one in Shanghai...