Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion !!!!

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:you cant blame Barry Hearn for everything especially this but there are people in Jobs that shouldnt be in them and others that are going out of their way to make Barry Hearn Look like a pin end.

Wrong. BH is now the figurehead of WorldSnooker. The buck stops with him. He is big and brash and likes to talk the talk - well quite clearly he aint walking the walk...............no LIVE scoring is a major bucking let down. In business this is not accepted - in sport you just have to make do.

BH <doh>

Postby Wildey

smart

in industry in the supermarket does the boss run everything or he delagates people with responsability to make the company run smoothly.

im taking no bets but when i said someone needs sacking i think thats already happened.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:smart

in industry in the supermarket does the boss run everything or he delagates people with responsability to make the company run smoothly.

im taking no bets but when i said someone needs sacking i think thats already happened.

In industry it would not be left until 1 day before until an email is sent explaining that there is no such LIVE scoring. Its unacceptable. Once again fans are left in the dark, with score updates wherever they can gather them. My point is BH is the head-honcho...............he is the guy who is there to be praised when new tournies are announced, or new sponsors come on board. He is also there to carry the can when simple things - that make fans feel their sport is worthy - are not put in place.

Sorry but BH is very much to be held to account (or is he not in charge). <ok>

Postby Wildey

when i sent my initial E Mail i got

Thanks for your email. Sorry but we are currently building an improved live scoring system, which will be launched shortly.
regards
Ivan
World Snooker

then i sent

Launches Shortly does not answer anything what so ever.

you have had 2 months to build a new version its time that version is out now.

Fans are fast losing patience here now on Monday the shanghai masters start 4 tables in operation hopefully Live Scoring will be in operation ready to go at 7.30am Monday morning.

before i got this back

Sorry but we will not be running live scoring during the Shanghai Masters. The new system will be in operation soon after that.
regards
Ivan

Postby SnookerFan

What happened to your legendary patience, Mr. Wild. During the PTC, you kept saying we needed to be patient, World Snooker would deliver. Barry Hearn was only voted in a month ago and all that.

At least there is television coverage of this event, that's an improvement. Though, I expect Sonny has sent an e-mail asking for an explanation as to why the snooker isn't in High Definition. <laugh>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:you cant blame Barry Hearn for everything especially this but there are people in Jobs that shouldnt be in them and others that are going out of their way to make Barry Hearn Look like a pin end.

well sir rod wasnt in charge of live scoring but still got the blame

so barry has to take responsibility

:afro:

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote:when i sent my initial E Mail i got

Thanks for your email. Sorry but we are currently building an improved live scoring system, which will be launched shortly.
regards
Ivan
World Snooker

then i sent

Launches Shortly does not answer anything what so ever.

you have had 2 months to build a new version its time that version is out now.

Fans are fast losing patience here now on Monday the shanghai masters start 4 tables in operation hopefully Live Scoring will be in operation ready to go at 7.30am Monday morning.

before i got this back

Sorry but we will not be running live scoring during the Shanghai Masters. The new system will be in operation soon after that.
regards
Ivan ?

Frankly, I smell a Ferret!
[ or World Snooker didn't pay their IT/ISP bill ]

=oP

Noel

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

well sir rod wasnt in charge of live scoring but still got the blame

so barry has to take responsibility

:afro:

sir rod should have done something with live scoring years ago and he didn't so this is yet more sir rod cockerel up thats been sorted now problem is some of sir rod useless staff still at world snooker bucking about instead of doing what they should.

Postby Wildey

this is not about my life in wales ;)

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... untry.html

GO WILD IN THE COUNTRY

So it’s here, the first televised ranking event of the season.

Is it really four months since Neil Robertson won the world final at some ungodly hour?

Yes, and the players have hardly been idle since, what with the PTCs, qualifiers and various other small tournaments to keep them occupied.

But TV snooker is where it’s at and the Shanghai Masters kicks it all off tomorrow.

I won’t rehash the arguments over the inclusion of wildcards but I’d be amazed if all eight qualifiers won tomorrow. Some of the invited Chinese players are more than capable of springing upsets.

Chief among them is Tian Pengfei, who has won his wildcard match in the last three China-based ranking tournaments he has taken part in.

In two of these he has then reached the last 16. Jamie Burnett is therefore bang under pressure. Despite being a professional for 18 years, most of his snooker has been played away from the television environment and although the Shanghai crowd is fair, they are obviously going to be supporting the local man.

Of the other wildcards, Jin Long has bags of experience and may cause Robert Milkins a few problems.

I’d be surprised, though, if Ken Doherty and Dave Harold, two vastly experienced combatants, lost to the two non-Chinese wildcards, Mohammad Sajjad of Pakistan and Thailand’s Passakorn Suwannawat.

Eurosport’s live coverage starts at 7.30am (UK time) on Eurosport 2 and on three mornings this week will offer a choice of tables on the main channel and E2.

An annual reminder for those who want to throw rocks about the choice of matches for the TV tables: Eurosport have no say in this. The decision is made in China by the promoters, host broadcasters and World Snooker.

You can, if you so desire, tweet questions at me, some of which I will endeavour to answer on air. If you don’t understand what that sentence means, I’m talking about twitter. I’m @davehendon.

So the scene is set for what will hopefully be an entertaining week on the table, as we all know the John Higgins tribunal is likely to steal most of the headlines whatever the result on Wednesday.

Finally a word on live scoring: apparently there isn’t any.

The revamp of worldsnooker.com is eagerly awaited and I’m sure will be a vast improvement but, in the meantime, I make the following polite request to the governing body...

Set up a static page on the site and update the match scores manually every 20 minutes or so. 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 etc. That way, snooker fans will be able to follow what is happening on the non-TV tables.

I don’t think that is asking much.

all i say this new improved live better be bloody brilliant or the first time it breaks down all bucking hell will break free <ok>

Postby randam05

Eurosport’s live coverage starts at 7.30am (UK time) on Eurosport 2 and on three mornings this week will offer a choice of tables on the main channel and E2.

Offers a choice of table? How? ive never seen it before?

Postby randam05

Just checked tv guide and its only showing on Eurosport2 so unless theres a red button or something it will only be the one table..although I dont know if eurosport uses red button? never noticed it before.

Postby randam05

I have never really understood this or bothered to find out about it..but is it unfair that players should have to play a wildcard round? I will use ken doherty as an example at this year shanghai masters..has he actually qualified for the tournament? or is the wildcard round classed as his final qualifying round? if not then this is really unfair, especially on jamie burnett who has a tough opponent. And if this is also the case, then how do they choose who gets put in the wildcard round, because doherty has been unlucky to be put in it while ebdon gets put throuh? just seems strange and extremley unfair unless I am wrong and it is classed as a qualifying round. On the other hand it could give them more ranking points? I dont know...

Postby Monique

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is this:
- the 8 lowest ranked qualifiers are the ones playing a wilcard
- if they lose their wilcard match they still have the same points and same money they would have if they had lost to a seed, but of course it then means that playing their actual round 1 match against a seed gives them nothing more in terms of money or points.

So yes it is unfair they have to win 2 matches to get to round 2; on the other hand they will play their actual first round match being maybe sharper and better used to the conditions than those who play it "cold".

Postby randam05

Thanks Monique <ok> I suppose it depends on the player and if they prefer it or not, also depends on the opponent. If you win then its great if you lose then you will moan its unfair. But its part of these chinese tournaments, like the world open with its short matches and the masters with its one table setup throughout.

Postby Wildey

yes

Losers in the wild card round ie Say Marting Gould he would get the points and cash allocated to Judd Trump should Maguire beat him in the last 32.

so in a way the wild card players has to win 2 matches to gain anything from their appearance.

you could argue both ways its not fair he has to play 2 matches or he gets a practice match against a wild card.

Wild Card chinese players gets no ranking points or price money even if they win ie Ding in 2005 china Open.

Postby Wildey

Monday September 6

Times BST

7.30am

Jamie Burnett v Tian Pengfei
Andrew Higginson v Rouzi Maimaiti
Ken Doherty v Mohammad Sajjad
Rob Milkins v Jin Long

12.45pm

Dave Harold v Passakorn Suwannawat
Mike Dunn v Mei Xiwen
Martin Gould v Li Hang
Joe Delaney v Li Yan

TV Matches in BOLD

Postby Madz

randam05 wrote:

Offers a choice of table? How? ive never seen it before?

It's Eurosport player which you can buy access to on their website. It's showing in good quality, and usually no commentary. I would guess they will have streams from at least 2 tables.