Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion !!!!

Postby Eirebilly

Some of these young chinese players are fearless. I am just watching the closing stages of the 4th frame between Jin and Ding and this Jin chap has played some brilliant shots and looks like taking a 3-1 lead into the MSI

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:will you agree hendry has lost everything he once had? its a shame I know but its true.

yes but players adapt to a different way of playing he will not compramise going for the shots he did 25 years ago

Postby Eirebilly

Monique wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Interesting news on Higgins. Not Guilty

Not exactly. He's guilty of discussing match fixing and not reporting the approach. Hahn got 8 years for pretty much the same...

Not guilty on bribing but guilty on bringing the game into disrepute. He may still recieve a ban but i doubt it will be a lengthy one.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:
Monique wrote:

Not exactly. He's guilty of discussing match fixing and not reporting the approach. Hahn got 8 years for pretty much the same...

Not guilty on bribing but guilty on bringing the game into disrepute. He may still recieve a ban but i doubt it will be a lengthy one.

maybe the ban he had from the first part of the season is enough ?

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
Monique wrote:

maybe the ban he had from the first part of the season is enough ?

A 75,000 pound fine and a 6 month ban backdated to May. He will be clear to play again in November.

Postby Bourne

eirebilly wrote:
Bourne wrote:No it's backdating to May wild, but i'm not sure what date exactly

Its being backdated to the exact day that Barry Hearn initiall banned him. I think that was 3 May.....

Ah so he'll be fine for the UK then <ok>