Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Results

Jamie Burnett 5-2 Tian Pengfei
Andrew Higginson 5-2 Rouzi Maimaiti
Ken Doherty 5-4 Mohammad Sajjad
Rob Milkins 3-5 Jin Long

12.45pm BST

Dave Harold v Passakorn Suwannawat Eurosport Main Match <doh>
Mike Dunn v Mei Xiwen
Martin Gould v Li Hang
Joe Delaney v Li Yan

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Do they do those scores after every frame or when the match has finished ?

dont know yet didnt know they was doing it until i read snookerscene blog after matches finished ill take a look this afternoon ..

Postby Roland

Yeah to be fair it's not like there's an obvious candidate. We all want to see Gould but maybe Harold is slightly more well known out in Shanghai. Has he had any decent results in China over the years?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah to be fair it's not like there's an obvious candidate. We all want to see Gould but maybe Harold is slightly more well known out in Shanghai. Has he had any decent results in China over the years?

Harold won the Asian open in 1993 does that count ?

Postby Roland

Dire stuff this. Suwannawat nearly went in off with his first shot on tv so how he managed to win the frame, that shows how bad Harold is cueing. It's gotta be 5-1 to Harold, surely he can't lose another frame.

I love the Joe Johnson quip - "Never leave a mug a double". It's so true, and Suwannawat is playing like one.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Just pushed out a meeting so I could have a look at this Suwanawat fella & see what al the fuss is about. He's cueing is all over the place, not cueing through straight at all, at all. Andy Murray's Mum must have been in his ear before he played.

He's not doing much for the people who want wild cards to continue either.

Bourne wrote:John you reckon you could still compete with these wildcards ?

Nah. In front of cameras or with a rubbish load of pressure on I might have a chance, but behind closed doors they'd bucking hammer me.

Bourne wrote:Fair enough, this dude's certainly not impressed me a whole lot so far, neither has Harold for that matter.

Its about channelling the pressure right isn't it, which he isn't doing nor looks like he knows how too. This fella looks lost out there, he's not comfortable at all, at all.

I think he's dragged Dave Harold down to be honest, which can happen. I'd be surprised if the other fella muster's more that 20 points in these next 2 frames & fully expect Dave Harold to kick on from here on in waving bye bye....

Postby Casey

How is Mike Dunn still a pro? 20 years on the circuit and he has only ever reached two last 16's (the first in 2005) and he is sitting on his highest ever career ranking of 33. So much for 'today's' standards. <doh>