Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifying Discussion !!!!!!!

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Zhanger is out as he loses 5-2 to Mathew Stevens

A travesty of justice for Zhang, Burden and Double T who win 3 qualifiers but dont make it to the venue to guys who only win one game.

Dont yous see my point now that if your not in the top 16 then the qualifiers should just be everyone starting at the same point, same number of games to win etc , keeps its a level playing field and the best players will make it there fair and square.

Plus seeding based on current rankinsg will be taken to account so its not as if Trump will draw Stevens in Round 1

Postby Wildey

i dont see it as travisty of justice how you put it

how do you think ding,Allen etc got to the top 16 ......by magic ?

no they work their balls off to work themself up the ranking so they play less matches....

in industry theres bosses at the top and then theres runners and dogsbody at the bottom sweating

Postby Monique

By winning three matches Zhang, Burden, Highfield and TT will go up the rankings and now they won't have to wait until next season maybe to need to play one round less. They all know how it works and know they need to put the efforts in.

Postby Wildey

it makes the ranking system this new ranking system more exciting where as Dave Harold needs only 1 match to qualify for shanghai but hes so far off the pace in the provisionals as seen here http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -rankings/ if he moves from current 46 to 50 he will need 3 wins to qualify for the UK.

Postby Roland

The only travesty is that we don't get to see them. But then there was no guarantee they would get a tv slot anyway. The main thing is as wild says, they will see the benefits of a couple of runs like this in future when they play a round or two less. I've never really had a problem with the ranking event structure as such, I think it's well thought out and means it's easy to schedule. The problem I always had was the season long break between updates which meant it was harder to see the rewards of a few good performances whereas now you'll notice sometimes by the time of the next tournament.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The only travesty is that we don't get to see them. But then there was no guarantee they would get a tv slot anyway. The main thing is as wild says, they will see the benefits of a couple of runs like this in future when they play a round or two less. I've never really had a problem with the ranking event structure as such, I think it's well thought out and means it's easy to schedule. The problem I always had was the season long break between updates which meant it was harder to see the rewards of a few good performances whereas now you'll notice sometimes by the time of the next tournament.

it works better now than it did before..with 6 rankers and old system i can see witz point better but now they go to first tournaments thinking right get in top 64,48,32 and 16 as a incentive.

anyway my concern is the slowness of updates especially with tonights mouth watering match to come

Dave Harold 4-2 Ian McCulloch

Postby Wildey

Stephen Lee 0-1 Jamie Jones
Mike Dunn 1-0 Andy Hicks
Barry Hawkins 0-1 Martin Gould
Dave Harold 4-3 Ian McCulloch
Peter Ebdon 0-1 Michael White

good start for white jnr

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Has Harold v McCulloch been pulled off? How many tables are there?

there was 6 matches this morning only 5 matches this affo and evening so theres prepared tables ready

tomorrow for the PTC they will have 8 tables going.

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Zhanger is out as he loses 5-2 to Mathew Stevens

A travesty of justice for Zhang, Burden and Double T who win 3 qualifiers but dont make it to the venue to guys who only win one game.

Dont yous see my point now that if your not in the top 16 then the qualifiers should just be everyone starting at the same point, same number of games to win etc , keeps its a level playing field and the best players will make it there fair and square.

Plus seeding based on current rankinsg will be taken to account so its not as if Trump will draw Stevens in Round 1

Don't forget if they had won there last matches they would have ended up playing a wildcard in China aswell.

Postby Wildey

so much for Ebdon's statements

Stephen Lee 4-2 Jamie Jones
Barry Hawkins 3-3 Martin Gould
Gerard Green 2-4 Joe Delaney
PeterEbdon 5-1 Michael White

Postby Wildey

Michael White plays Bjorn Haneveer 9am tomorrow morning in the PTC while Ebdon playing Jamie O'Neal second session tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw (wild cards pending) to be played in shanghai between 6-12 september

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day v Andrew Higginson
Marco Fu v Mark Davis
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump
Mark Williams v Ricky Walden
Graeme Dott v Ken Doherty
Jamie Cope v Steve Davis
Ding Junhui v Robart Milkins

Allister Carter v Dave Harold
Mark Allen v Stuart Bingham
Liang Wenbo v Mathew Stevens
Shaun Murphy v Stephen Lee
Mark Selby v Mike Dunn
Stephen Hendry v Barry Hawkins
Mark King v Joe Delaney
Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon

Postby Roland

Selby and Robbo in the same quarter! Finally! Clear favourites to meet as well.

My predictions for quarter-final:

Ronnie v Mags
Williams v Ding
Carter v Wenbo
Selby v Robbo

fingers crossed for that one