Topic locked

Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifying Discussion !!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

that statement was a nothing statement regarding the match...

it was just a stupid thing to say and made himself look like a wally.

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:Stephen Lee 5-2 Jamie Jones
Barry Hawkins 5-3 Martin Gould
Gerard Green 2-5 Joe Delaney

Martin Gould on Facebook:

Get in my son gouldy is going shanghi won 5 4 this evenin any1 fancy comin wit me :-)

:huh:

Postby Sarah Mount

Sonny wrote:Thanks for clearing that up Sarah. It seems the paper who published the interview were using it to suit their own ends.

It's good to get a bit of context going because when you get reports like that without hearing anything else, then human nature leads to things being blown out of proportion.

You're welcome Sonny. As I said, it was just a case of adding in what I knew regarding the situation so people could make their own minds up based on that information added to what else they had seen/read. I totally understand your comment regarding human nature and it is of course the job of the media to portray the facts to us and we should not be required to varify what we read.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Stephen Lee 5-2 Jamie Jones
Barry Hawkins 5-3 Martin Gould
Gerard Green 2-5 Joe Delaney

Martin Gould on Facebook:

Get in my son gouldy is going shanghi won 5 4 this evenin any1 fancy comin wit me :-)

:huh:

huh is the right word and on world snooker site hes won 5-4 as well

WTF is global playing at ?

Postby Sarah Mount

wildJONESEYE wrote:well sarah consider me told off :)

seriously its nothing personal against Mark or any other player from my perspective on here we just comment on what we saw in the paper or heard <ok>

and having people in the know like you put things straight on their behalf as sonny said is a important part of a forum.

Haha! Don't be silly. You can only base your opinions on what you read/see hence why I felt it important to contribute. I understand that in snooker there will be heroes and villans and it wasn't personal against Mark but I think it was important to clarify what had happened.

That said, if we weren't able to express our opinions there would be no forums and that would be criminal!

Postby Wildey

correction

Barry Hawkins 4-5 Martin Gould

Last 32 Draw (wild cards pending) to be played in shanghai between 6-12 september

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jamie Burnett
Ryan Day v Andrew Higginson
Marco Fu v Mark Davis
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump
Mark Williams v Ricky Walden
Graeme Dott v Ken Doherty
Jamie Cope v Steve Davis
Ding Junhui v Robart Milkins

Allister Carter v Dave Harold
Mark Allen v Stuart Bingham
Liang Wenbo v Mathew Stevens
Shaun Murphy v Stephen Lee
Mark Selby v Mike Dunn
Stephen Hendry v Martin Gould
Mark King v Joe Delaney
Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon

Postby Wildey

Sarah Mount wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:well sarah consider me told off :)

seriously its nothing personal against Mark or any other player from my perspective on here we just comment on what we saw in the paper or heard <ok>

and having people in the know like you put things straight on their behalf as sonny said is a important part of a forum.

Haha! Don't be silly. You can only base your opinions on what you read/see hence why I felt it important to contribute. I understand that in snooker there will be heroes and villans and it wasn't personal against Mark but I think it was important to clarify what had happened.

That said, if we weren't able to express our opinions there would be no forums and that would be criminal!

thank you

and i hope you will contribute a lot to discussion on here so that when things are said based on paper talk thats wrong you can give us a slap ;)

Postby Sarah Mount

Haha! I will definitely start writing on here more. You will be sick of the sight of me eventually! I've been at the qualifiers the past couple of days so I've not been able to get online as much as usual. I find it very interesting indeed though reading everyones opinions.

Thanks wildJONESEYE

Postby Wildey

Global Snooker minus Janie Watkin has no future

they got Hawkins beating Gould last night and still not corrected they got no frame scores whitch janie always had and now hour in to the PTC and no bucking scores <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:sigh ... yes. And no scores neither on WPBSA drawsheet yet.

monique

do you fancy a job ;) :john:

seriously though im sure it was a thankless task what janie did for many many years and you only apreciate what she did when shes left....RESPECT <ok>

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... f-era.html

END OF AN ERA

Back in the day, to use that annoying phrase, snooker on the internet was represented by two websites: www snooker, run by Hermund Ardalen and still going, and Global Snooker Centre, which was the brainchild of Janie Watkins.

Both of these came long before worldsnooker.com, before TSN/110sport, before all the forums and before this blog.

Janie is leaving Global Snooker to work for Paul Mount and his stable of players based at the new South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester.

I would like to place on record my personal thanks for her many efforts in keeping the website updated on all manner of events over the years.

Where would we have been without it?

Her diligence and dedication has allowed many, many thousands of snooker fans around the world to keep up to date with the shifting sands of results, frame scores, breaks etc and she has put in more hours than is either natural or desirable to provide this service.

In my opinion, global-snooker.com is the best snooker website out there. I’m sure its owners will ensure it continues in that vein.

Meanwhile, I wish Janie well in her new role.

Postby SnookerFan

Stephen Hendry vs Martion Gould. A big grudge match after the Welsh Open 2009. :ba:

Also Neil Robertson has a tricky opener in this one. As he does in the World Open following this tournament, come to that. (Though, it's just occured to me how 'badly' Peter Ebdon must've been playing.) :chin:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Stephen Hendry vs Martion Gould. A big grudge match after the Welsh Open 2009. :ba:

Also Neil Robertson has a tricky opener in this one. As he does in the World Open following this tournament, come to that. (Though, it's just occured to me how 'badly' Peter Ebdon must've been playing.) :chin:

MARTION Gould? Weve already got one snooker spaceman in Dominic Dale, we dont need another one rofl

My minds went blank, what happened at the WO in '09 between these 2? Im sure ill get a flashback once you say :)

Postby Wildey

vinot wrote:I see the wildcard-round is on, then. I'm not sure this is the right place for speculation on who the wildcards may be, but what the hay? Any ideas?

where is the right place then ?

rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Martin won lol

Ah right, thats how it must have slipped my mind. Hardly likely to remember such a common occurence as Hendry crashing out of a tournament in the early rounds rofl

yes Steve Davis is playing who in the last 64 today ?

could you remind me :john:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Martin won lol

Ah right, thats how it must have slipped my mind. Hardly likely to remember such a common occurence as Hendry crashing out of a tournament in the early rounds rofl

yes Steve Davis is playing who in the last 64 today ?

could you remind me :john:

at least he entered :rude:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Stephen Hendry vs Martion Gould. A big grudge match after the Welsh Open 2009. :ba:

MARTION Gould? Weve already got one snooker spaceman in Dominic Dale, we dont need another one rofl

My minds went blank, what happened at the WO in '09 between these 2? Im sure ill get a flashback once you say :)

Martion Gould vs Dominic Dale. It'll be an intergalactic derby match. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:Global Snooker minus Janie Watkin has no future

they got Hawkins beating Gould last night and still not corrected they got no frame scores whitch janie always had and now hour in to the PTC and no bucking scores <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

So now we have the PTC with no television footage, no fans allowed in, and no means for which to look at the scores? <laugh> :bowdown: