Topic locked

Re: Cope in the Top 16 seeds for Shanghai Masters

Postby Wildey

everyone moves up apart from Robbo whos 2nd no matter what.

lets face it if john proved not guilty hes been punished as it is

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:everyone moves up apart from Robbo whos 2nd no matter what.

whose top seed :redneck:

Ronnie <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Ronnie <ok>

good man, ding will win

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Ronnie <ok>

good man, ding will win

the way things are going i think Ding has retired lol

Postby Monique

Ronnie is the defending champion in Shanghai so he's top seed no matter what. Robbo is I presume for the World Open.
If Higgins is cleared he will have been harshly punished for not reporting the approach as it is. Barry Hearn can't afford anything but to keep the game's reputation pristine but I think that if John is innocent everyone will be of the opinion he has taken more than enough punishment for that mistake.

Postby Casey

N_Castle07 wrote:Just read on Dave’s blog, even if Higgins is cleared he will still miss the World Open.

John Higgins rankings :scared: :scared: :scared:

News of the World scum :bird: :bird: :bird:

:mood: :mood:

So he has lost out on the whole PTC as he can't qualfiy for the finals, he is missing out on two ranking events and the PL. So instead of 20+ tournamnets to play in he will only have a possible 6 :grrr:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Ronnie is the defending champion in Shanghai so he's top seed no matter what. Robbo is I presume for the World Open.
If Higgins is cleared he will have been harshly punished for not reporting the approach as it is. Barry Hearn can't afford anything but to keep the game's reputation pristine but I think that if John is innocent everyone will be of the opinion he has taken more than enough punishment for that mistake.

yes

he has so far missed out on potentially £160,000 and with £100,000 to the World Open Champion he is virtually out of that which makes Robbo without hitting a ball World No 1 plus entry for the Paul Hunter Classic has to be in by Monday he has had Punishment enough for not Reporting it.

all in all hes missed out of potentially about £270,000 already.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:Just read on Dave’s blog, even if Higgins is cleared he will still miss the World Open.

So he has lost out on the whole PTC as he can't qualfiy for the finals, he is missing out on two ranking events and the PL. So instead of 20+ tournamnets to play in he will only have a possible 6 :grrr:

if he isnt guilty.

if hes found guilty he misses out on a whole lot more than that mate.

Postby SnookerFan

If Higgins only crime is failing to report what happened, then yes he has been harshly punished. But what alternative do World Snooker have? Let him play until he's proven guilty? The rate that these independant investigations are going that could take forever. Are police still looking into Maguire/Burnett? <doh>

The point is, there is the matter of the video tape, and I'd rather Hearn take a tough stance on this then a softly softly one. If he gets proved innocent, he can play again. Harsh on him, yes. But at the very least he made a quite silly mistake. I'd rather see Hearn take these matters seriously, especially as this isn't the first time snooker and match fixing have been associated.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's a bit of a joke that Higgins is getting this punished while Mags and Burnett are still playing. How does that work?

i agree....

but that was out of Barry Hearns hands it just shows how stronger and firmer miss conduct or suspected miss conduct will be treated from here on in.

the only thing with Burnett and Mags the word of bookmakers condemning them they could shout foul all they want does that mean every player or match they suspect will get a ban.that would be never ending if bookies dont want to pay out.

Higgins Words condemned him to a ban.

Postby Wildey

i want to point one thing out officially hes suspended but as its transpired hes enduring tournament bans as we speak.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:It's a bit of a joke that Higgins is getting this punished while Mags and Burnett are still playing. How does that work?

thats a good point, they haven't been suspended. i think theres something there not telling us

Postby SnookerFan

My reading is, though, Maguire and Burnett weren't caught on camera discussing whether they'd do it or not. Essentially, a lot of money was placed on the match between thse two, but there is nothing even close to concrete suggesting that they knew anything about it beforehand.

Say what you like about the News Of The World, or their video evidence, but at least they had something to back up what they claimed. Even if it's faked, it bears closer scrutiny then what Maguire and Burnett did. Esentially they played a match, where the score that finished won a lot of people a lot of money.

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:

<laugh>

:wave:

Stinger <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Monique wrote:Ronnie is the defending champion in Shanghai so he's top seed no matter what. Robbo is I presume for the World Open.

yes

he has so far missed out on potentially £160,000 and with £100,000 to the World Open Champion he is virtually out of that which makes Robbo without hitting a ball World No 1 plus entry for the Paul Hunter Classic has to be in by Monday he has had Punishment enough for not Reporting it.

dont forget the £261,000 hes also missed out on <cool>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

yes

dont forget the £261,000 hes also missed out on <cool>

<devil>

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:

My reading is, though, Maguire and Burnett weren't caught on camera discussing whether they'd do it or not. Essentially, a lot of money was placed on the match between thse two, but there is nothing even close to concrete suggesting that they knew anything about it beforehand.

Say what you like about the News Of The World, or their video evidence, but at least they had something to back up what they claimed. Even if it's faked, it bears closer scrutiny then what Maguire and Burnett did. Esentially they played a match, where the score that finished won a lot of people a lot of money.

Excellent comment <ok>
I always found the Burnett miss and the fluked pink a bit fishy in my opinion, but at the end of the day, how easy is it going to be to prove anything? It ain't concrete.

Postby SnookerFan

thetubberlad wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Excellent comment <ok>
I always found the Burnett miss and the fluked pink a bit fishy in my opinion, but at the end of the day, how easy is it going to be to prove anything? It ain't concrete.

I didn't see the match, because I was on the other table in the venue at the time. But I always found that story a little bit odd. If you were going to fix a match, you wouldn't just go up to Burnett and go; "Here, only win three frames tonight, mate." Maguire was the World Number 2. How could Burnett guarantee he'd win three frames, unless Maguire was in on it himself? He couldn't. Why would you go through the trouble of rigging a match, and then leave it open to chance without involving Maguire? You wouldn't. Thusly the World Number 2 has to have agreed, at least initially to be bribed to lose three frames. Somehow it sounds a bit unrealistic, he had too much to lose.

On saying that, if Higgins is proven guilty, then anythings possible. But, I find it has to be both of them involved, or neither. People seem to forget that Maguire is under investigation too.

Postby Wildey

week today qualifying for the shanghai masters would have started at the Academy in Sheffield and as of yet no mention of the draw all we know is John Higgins wont be in the draw and Cope through to shanghai as a seed..

Surely its time we get some idea of who plays who and when by now if people want to travel there they got to make arrangements.