Topic locked

PTCs 2010-2011: How did you rate them ?

Poll ended at 19 Apr 2011

Fantastic success, wouldn't change a thing !
18%
They were good, just the odd thing to improve on
55%
Meh, okay
9%
Not great, loads to fix for next year
18%
Awful, cancel them now !!!
No votes

Total votes : 11

Rate the PTCs after their first season

Postby Bourne

The Players Tour Championships are over for their first season, and i'm sure everyone here has an opinion either way about how they've gone and what improvements you think they can make going into next year, so let's have them !

Re: Rate the PTCs after their first season

Postby Alex0paul

They need to try and get higher profile names into the Grand Finals and with the tweak they will be making next season then it should be better viewing.

Postby Bourne

Positives:
- Players finally get privilege to call themselves full-time pros with 18+ tournaments a season
- A new TV tournament at the end of the season for the fans
- Greater exposure for the sport to Europe
- Trump made finals

Negatives:
- Coverage for the first 12 tournaments was dire, almost completely non-existant, hidden from fans ? Not good enough :-(
- Think they need to alter the ranking points so they're more weighted in favour of main rankers
- Trump didn't win

Postby GJ

1 other positive ken was excellent as MC this week

he would do a far better job than rob walker

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:1 other positive ken was excellent as MC this week

:no: Ken can't speak properly

Postby SnookerFan

I wouldn't go that far, but he was better then some of the bell-ends they get in to deputise Walker. All this "Give it up Glasgow" rubbish doesn't work. Ken works for the BBC, so I don't know why he can't do it at the times they get Rob Walker to do the London Marathon.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

:no: Ken can't speak properly

he has a good vibe with the players unlike the nob walker

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:They need to try and get higher profile names into the Grand Finals and with the tweak they will be making next season then it should be better viewing.

DISAGREEEEEE

thats smells of FIXING IT.

you play you win you in finals its that simple.

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:They need to try and get higher profile names into the Grand Finals and with the tweak they will be making next season then it should be better viewing.

DISAGREEEEEE

So then why should Higgins and Ding miss out despite winning events?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Wild wrote:

DISAGREEEEEE

So then why should Higgins and Ding miss out despite winning events?

Ding was Lasy and Higgins Banned never Reached the Criteria That was Needed.

I Would not change a thing regarding having to play in Events but sod the British Events but you have to play in 4 EPTC to make the Finals.

Postby Wildey

The Changes i would do is

Internet Streaming of PTC Events even if its only on the Third Day Last 16-Final

to qualify for the Grand Finals you have to play in atleast 4 EPTC

Play 2 or 3 PTC in Gloucster

The Grand Finals should Have Best of 7s Round 1 and Last 16 then Best of 9 Quarters,Best of 11 Semis and Best of 17 Final to make it feel like a proper Tournament.

Being Big Names does not meen you entitled to play in it its a Ranking Tournament you need to qualify to get in Play the Events and Win the Matches needed or dont thats up to each individiual player to make that decition for themselves.

Postby PLtheRef

Bourne wrote:The Players Tour Championships are over for their first season, and i'm sure everyone here has an opinion either way about how they've gone and what improvements you think they can make going into next year, so let's have them !

Hmmm, I'll happily say that I think that although there's room for improvement, they have been a success and it'd be a shame for them to be killed off next year.

I think Fans going to where they are staged is important, I know this means some venues are more acceptable than others but it fits and flows much better, whats the point in a professional sport being played behind closed doors as it is the WSA at the EIS good as the WSA is, that the WCQ were played in the Badminton Hall gave the crowds a chance to visit and watch.

Qualification for the finals shouldnt carry a minimum event - if a player earns enough points to qualify then they should qualify -

Moving onto the finals, personally 16 I felt was enough, this allows for a differentiated format from the qualifiers

Day 1 and 2, First Round (Best of 7)
Day 3 Quarter-Finals (Best of 7)
Day 4 Semi-Finals (Best of 11)
Day 5 Final (Best of 17)

Postby SnookerFan

I don't think internet streaming is good enough. For this tournament to gain prestige, it needs to be on television. It's only going to be the very hardcore fan that's going to search out a live stream for a bunch of best of seven matches. These need to be televised.

There's a lot of work to be done before Barry Hearn's promises of making this a world wide million pound sport, I agree. But having this stuff televised in betting shops, or online is too small a step, to be honest. At least get each PTC final on television.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

You are joking, that man was not made for talking. <ok>

Eurosport barely even showed him on camera all week, opting more for the long shot of the arena when he was talking.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

Eurosport barely even showed him on camera all week, opting more for the long shot of the arena when he was talking.

Exactly <ok> <ok>

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

Exactly <ok> <ok>

SCAR FACE hata :wild2: