Topic locked

Re: The Prague Classic (EPTC 6)

Postby Casey

12 different winners from 12 different events. A mix of young and old, well done everybody :clap:

Postby Monique

Particularly happy for Michael. He's a very, very good player but only too often undermined by lack of self-belief. This should boost him. Well done Hitman!

Postby Wildey

great performance from Holt john looked the winner all the way at 3-2 <ok>

Postby randam05

Yup, I like to watch him and think he plays good at the WC, but doesnt seem to win often..lack of confidence?

Didnt he play John in the first round of WC one year? I thought he played alright then.

Postby Monique

and
This is preliminary and not official yet but the final ranking of the order of merit of the 24 players who will be attending at Dublin is :

1 Shaun Murphy 23200
2 Mark Selby 21300
3 Barry Pinches 19100
4 Marcus Campbell 17700
5 Judd Trump 17600
6 Mark Williams 17100
7 Dominic Dale 16800
8 Stephen Lee 16200
9 Tom Ford 15000
10 Stephen Maguire 14400
11 Michael Holt 10900
12 Liang Wenbo 10700
13 Martin Gould 10600
14 Ricky Walden 10100
15 Marco Fu 10100
16 Anthony Hamilton 9900
17 Stuart Bingham 9800
18 Jamie Jones 9400
19 Jack Lisowski 9300
20 Andrew Higginson 8700
21 Mark Davis 8300
22 Matthew Stevens 8100
23 Gerard Greene 7700
24 Joe Jogia 7500

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:Too good Holty fair play, to win from 2-3 down and with a couple of big breaks you have to credit him <ok>

All the more so as he had to beat Maguire, Selby and Murphy before getting there. Not the easiest of draws!

Postby Bourne

Hell of an achievement, I wondered what had happened to him after winning that minor tournament earlier in the summer.

Postby gallantrabbit

Am pleased. Was going to write about Holt the other day cos I thought he`d love Hearn`s new set up. Now I know about his father I can understand why he`s had as poor season. Hopefully he can kick on now :D

Postby gallantrabbit

Yus is apparently in slow recovery. he often travels with Michael to the tourneys I believe.
Question now is if Holt will shave off that `tache a la Joey Barton. Looks like a WW2 spiv for gawd`s sake. Not that Michael is aanything like that òrrible little footballer..

Postby SnookerFan

Good to see John Higgins get to the final too, in my opinion. If anybody out there would've been desperate for a bit of match practice coming into the UK Championship, it would've been Higgins. His win was impressive, and to follow it up with a final appearance more so.

Whether he wins the UK or not, I don't want to see him lose due to being out or practice. Be good if he can get a game against a winnable game in the first round of the UK. With the long frames, he has a better chance of shaking off the rust. He seems his desire is burning after his lay-off. Might make the UK Championship a very interesting one for Mr. Higgins.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Good to see John Higgins get to the final too, in my opinion. If anybody out there would've been desperate for a bit of match practice coming into the UK Championship, it would've been Higgins. His win was impressive, and to follow it up with a final appearance more so.

Whether he wins the UK or not, I don't want to see him lose due to being out or practice. Be good if he can get a game against a winnable game in the first round of the UK. With the long frames, he has a better chance of shaking off the rust. He seems his desire is burning after his lay-off. Might make the UK Championship a very interesting one for Mr. Higgins.

He isn't rusty. Even in Hamm, first tournament after his ban, he wasn't rusty. I've seen him play. It's more that he was nervous about fans and fellow players reactions. I'm not sure at all I buy that story about not picking up a cue for 6 months. And if it's true then he must have practiced like mad since the tribunal's decision.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Good to see John Higgins get to the final too, in my opinion. If anybody out there would've been desperate for a bit of match practice coming into the UK Championship, it would've been Higgins. His win was impressive, and to follow it up with a final appearance more so.

He isn't rusty. Even in Hamm, first tournament after his ban, he wasn't rusty. I've seen him play. It's more that he was nervous about fans and fellow players reactions. I'm not sure at all I buy that story about not picking up a cue for 6 months. And if it's true then he must have practiced like mad since the tribunal's decision.

you dont forget how to play a good week before hand would be enough for him.

yes hes gone through tough times but not as a player therefore he could have that to fall back on.

Postby Casey

Yea he had the chance to practise for a good couple of months, I don’t think he would have lied about not picking up a cue considering any 1 of a number of people from his club could have stated otherwise

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

I'll take your word for it. It's hard to tell when you haven't seen any of the PTCs. Good to know he got the time in though. <ok> I might watch him play when I'm in Telford.

Postby randam05

gallantrabbit wrote:Yus is apparently in slow recovery. he often travels with Michael to the tourneys I believe.
Question now is if Holt will shave off that `tache a la Joey Barton. Looks like a WW2 spiv for gawd`s sake. Not that Michael is aanything like that òrrible little footballer..

He may be growing the moustache for 'Movember' a charity month for some sort of cancer that hits millions of men, so people grow funny taches for charity in november..Nearly every male teacher is doing it at school.