Topic locked

Re: The Prague Classic (EPTC 6)

Postby GJ

stevens <cool>

im hearing the world champion is unlikely to bother with this :ahh:

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Any news on whether the Hendry Pagget match went ahead?

its not gone ahead i know that for definite

sarah says Pagett was on a plane to Prague so i think Hendry not gone.

Postby Wildey

Friday November 19

12pm GMT

Liu Chaung W/O Chris Mcbreen
Joe Perry 4-0 Noppon Saengkham
Stuart Bingham 4-1 Jurgen Kesseler
Matthew Selt 4-2 Kurt Maflin
Robart Milkins 4-0 Ronni Beniesch

12.30pm GMT

Andrew Pagett W/O Stephen Hendry
Mark Joyce 4-0 Dieter Meier
Ben Wollaston 4-0 Jan Vimr
Mike Dunn 4-0 Marko Vukovic
Mark King 2-4 Ryan Day

Postby randam05

Monique wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
randam05 wrote:What happened with anthony hamiltons match?

one of them has pulled out so far i dont know who ?

Well Isara Kachaiwong is now playing Higginson. So Hamilton must have pulled out.

thanks monique..why would he pull out! :sad:

Postby weewelshwitch

Sarah Mount wrote:
We booked a flight and hotel for Andrew Pagett and I haven't heard that he was not going to travel so I would think your bet is safe!

Pag is definitely there Sarah - so he's frightened Hendry out of attending!!!!!

Postby Wildey

weewelshwitch wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:
We booked a flight and hotel for Andrew Pagett and I haven't heard that he was not going to travel so I would think your bet is safe!

as soon as Hendry pulled out of EPTC5 i never expected him to go to EPTC6

he has to rely on a good UK Championship or he will be out of the top 16.

no disrespect to pagett but i think on paper anyway this was the Best PTC of the season for Hendry but he did not turn up.

Postby Sarah Mount

weewelshwitch wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:

<laugh>

Dad's just text me to confirm that Andrew Pagett did indeed receive a walkover in his first round match! He will now face fellow On Q player, Robert Milkins, in the last 64! :sad:
Last edited by Sarah Mount on 19 Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:stevens <cool>

Stevens has been playing some pretty decent stuff this season. His results haven't been too shoddy at all...

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:

Stevens has been playing some pretty decent stuff this season. His results haven't been too shoddy at all...

he is just Tinkering on the edge of the top 16 and been there all season but he is still 3,000 point off the top 16 for the next cut off

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

he is just Tinkering on the edge of the top 16 and been there all season but he is still 3,000 point off the top 16 for the next cut off

hes been in a group of players like Gould, M.Davis, Lee, Walden whove been loitering just below the top 16 most of the season. After the next cut off the UK, the gap between a lot of these guys and those above will close yet again as they have less points to lose.

I predict Trump will make the top 16 AT the last cut-off before the World Championships thus not having to qualify :bowdown: BOOKMARK THIS, TRUST ME IM 110% CONFIDENT THAT THE TRUMPSTER WILL DO IT

Postby Wildey

Trump Needs To perform Between Now and then in Bigger Tournaments to get there something he has been unable to do as yet .....

its all very well and good talking a good game but you got to do it on the table.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:Trump Needs To perform Between Now and then in Bigger Tournaments to get there something he has been unable to do as yet .....

its all very well and good talking a good game but you got to do it on the table.

qualifying for the last 32 alone will put him right in the mix the way things are going. Anything else would be a bonus boost to his chances, though i agree its time to take things to the next level.

Dont forget Trump also has the PTC finals with potentially 3000 points up for grabs that a lot of those above him dont have left.

For example hes currently 5,810 points behind Hendry, but by the end of the season when 08/09 points dissapear this gap will close 4,050 so in effect hes 1,760 points behind Hendry.

Also consider if he qualifies for the last 5 main rankers of the season, well that would be an extra...

1320 points for making the UK last 32
825 points for making the German last 32
825 points for making the Welsh last 32
1155 points for making the China last 32
1650 points for making the World last 32

so in effect providing he negotiates his last 48 matches, he will gain an extra minimum 5,775 points for Trump which would then in theory have him sitting 4,015 (5,775 less 1,760) ahead of Hendry with them both in the last 32 of events.

Sure Hendry would be far greatly rewarded if he made the last 16 than Trump would in terms of additional ranking points but its clear from this, that a last 16 or 2 and the pressures on the likes of Hendry and other lowly top 16 players who have a chunk if points to come off.

Then theres other pretenders to the top 16 like M.Davis, Gould, Walden etc who are in an even better position than Trump probably, so Hendrys days are numbered. <ok>

Postby Wildey

you are relying on other players winning rubbish all and sitting on their ass letting Trump overtake them <doh>

if you think Hendry going down that easy you are as stupid as i thought you was

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:you are relying on other players winning rubbish all and sitting on their ass letting Trump overtake them <doh>

well considering Hendry is CURRENTLY sitting on his ass when he could be playing, he IS going down easy rofl <doh> rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:you are relying on other players winning rubbish all and sitting on their ass letting Trump overtake them <doh>

well considering Hendry is CURRENTLY sitting on his ass when he could be playing, he IS going down easy rofl <doh> rofl

Hendry Obviously Doesn't like PTC we know that one thing i know he is a fighter and if he has to do it at the UK then he will do it.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Hendry Obviously Doesn't like PTC we know that one thing i know he is a fighter and if he has to do it at the UK then he will do it.

well the way he is going hes going to be playing in front of no fans next season in the qualifiers so id have thought hed have wanted practice this season. rofl

Postby Steve K

Yeah will be intresting to see who wins the last 64 matches in the UK championship as the 4 mentioned above are all on the cusp of a top 16 place. Think Walden or Gould are the most likely but we will see.

Postby Steve K

Shame for Wells, he has to rely now that two people dont overtake him on the order of merit or he will miss the PTC finals. Good win for Lisowski though against Dott, hasnt had much to show for since that PTC final with Ford.

Postby sundaygirl

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

wild I'm glad to hear that you are still a Hendry fan even if you have taken his picture down. :)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

sundaygirl wrote:wild I'm glad to hear that you are still a Hendry fan even if you have taken his picture down. :)

Really wild? Keep the faith Snooker brother from another Mother, the Man is the Great One. :bowdown:

Postby Monique

OK, I got the (provisisional) result sheet from the tournament director and Ronnie will definitely not be there. He has pulled out and so have a few others: David Morris, Dany Douane, Jamie O'Neil, Ian McCulloch, Anthony Hamilton, Ali Carter, Kuldesh Johal, Andy Lee, Chris McBreen and Stephen Hendry. Those are the ones who have confirmed their withdrawal for now. Mark Williams has not entered.

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:OK, I got the (provisisional) result sheet from the tournament director and Ronnie will definitely not be there. He has pulled out and so have a few others: David Morris, Dany Douane, Jamie O'Neil, Ian McCulloch, Anthony Hamilton, Ali Carter, Kuldesh Johal, Andy Lee, Chris McBreen and Stephen Hendry. Those are the ones who have confirmed their withdrawal for now. Mark Williams has not entered.

is Zhanger in the building :scared: :idea: :scared: :idea:

Postby Casey

I reckon this one has to throw up a second time winner, surely? Murphy, Selby and Higgins, one of those three.

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:I reckon this one has to throw up a second time winner, surely? Murphy, Selby and Higgins, one of those three.

TRUMP <ok>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
Monique wrote:OK, I got the (provisisional) result sheet from the tournament director and Ronnie will definitely not be there. He has pulled out and so have a few others: David Morris, Dany Douane, Jamie O'Neil, Ian McCulloch, Anthony Hamilton, Ali Carter, Kuldesh Johal, Andy Lee, Chris McBreen and Stephen Hendry. Those are the ones who have confirmed their withdrawal for now. Mark Williams has not entered.

is Zhanger in the building :scared: :idea: :scared: :idea:

tommorow <ok>