Topic locked

Re: Ruhr Championship (EPTC 5)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Sonny wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:[
Higgins was only 1,540 points ahead of Robbo .....

Mate he will only shoot up rankings if he wins matches in the meantime Harold and Jogia arent the test ahead.

He was only that far ahead when? At one point Higgins had enough points to breeze it number 1 all the way through the season had he been allowed to play.

he was 1540 points ahead after Points For NIT,Shanghai Masters and GP 2008 was deducted.

Add first 2 white columns together http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... ision-one/

I'll take your word for it - but then Robbo and a couple of others lost out with the Bahrain debacle so he was still in a good position even after missing the events up till now. What will he be after the UK? If he's still top 4 after that then minimal damage done you'd have to say although obviously he's got the big loss by the start of next season.

Say, is the Premier League table ready to view yet I wonder...

higgins Biggest loss is still to come 2009 World and China Open Runner Up taken off at the end of this season 14,000 Points will be deducted.

Postby Roland

that's what I meant by "big loss" but then again if he picks up where he left off he'll bag a ranker or two before then anyway.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:that's what I meant by "big loss" but then again if he picks up where he left off he'll bag a ranker or two before then anyway.

i think John will be picking up the points to be in the top 8 for the end of season Rankings then he can re group and take it from there.

Postby Wildey

on the not so live half dead Scoring Gould leads John 3-1

Postby Roland

No harm in losing to Gould. At least he got a couple of wins under his belt for starters and lost to a form player with plenty of match practice.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:No harm in losing to Gould. At least he got a couple of wins under his belt for starters and lost to a form player with plenty of match practice.

absalutly i think John has done what he went there to do.

getting to sunday would be a bonus Gould had matches coming out of his ears this season hes flying brim full of confidence.

Postby Bourne

Exactly there's not many players out there i'd like Higgins to lose to but Gould is probably one of them, it would be super if he could win this event after Dale-gate.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:he had matches coming out of his years?

hahahaha

i edited it rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh>

me and my enforced dyslexia lol

Postby Wildey

whoever calls this LIVE Scoring is taking the snake hiss.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Postby Bourne

Wild's dictionary - he can spell dyslexia correctly but when it comes to those things on the side of his head, 4 letters, it's just too taxing for him :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild's dictionary - he can spell dyslexia correctly but when it comes to those things on the side of his head, 4 letters, it's just too taxing for him :redneck:

i used spell checker for that :redneck:

Postby Roland

Hahaha sorry have to laugh. John Higgins on another decent break to get to 3-3 looks like. The man is sheer class on a snooker table. Think what you want of him but when it comes down to it, he is one of the very very very best snooker players who has ever lived.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Hahaha sorry have to laugh. John Higgins on another decent break to get to 3-3 looks like. The man is sheer class on a snooker table. Think what you want of him but when it comes down to it, he is one of the very very very best snooker players who has ever lived.

Joe
Fred
Ray
Alex
Steve
Jimmy
Stephen
Ronnie
Mark

will always be ahead of him for me....

Postby Roland

Based on the main criteria which is: ability to play snooker, how can you not have Higgins in your top 4 of all time?

Postby Bourne

Players who you want to play for your life, Higgins would be easily top 3.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Hahaha sorry have to laugh. John Higgins on another decent break to get to 3-3 looks like. The man is sheer class on a snooker table. Think what you want of him but when it comes down to it, he is one of the very very very best snooker players who has ever lived.

Joe
Fred
Ray
Alex
Steve
Jimmy
Stephen
Ronnie
Mark

will always be ahead of him for me....

:chin: :roll:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Based on the main criteria which is: ability to play snooker, how can you not have Higgins in your top 4 of all time?

top 4 of all time rofl rofl rofl

snooker started before 1990 <doh>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Based on the main criteria which is: ability to play snooker, how can you not have Higgins in your top 4 of all time?

Davis and Hendry are better winners than him.

Jimmy, Alex and Ronnie are better talents than him.

and Joe Davis and Ray Reardon are more iconic figures than him.

Postby Wildey

you really cant take nothing from this event if he wins it or lost first match it wont determine anything about John the man or Player its just good to see him playing again.

Postby randam05

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:

you really cant take nothing from this event if he wins it or lost first match it wont determine anything about John the man or Player its just good to see him playing again.

Couldnt agree more the two of you.

Postby Roland

It speaks volumes for Higgins doesn't it? Despite all that's gone on, he's won his first 3 matches. What a player.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:It speaks volumes for Higgins doesn't it? Despite all that's gone on, he's won his first 3 matches. What a player.

He is a true genius,, not my favourite but certainly the best players of the naughties. I am very impressed and I support him more now than before.