Topic locked

Re: Ruhr Championship (EPTC 5)

Postby Witz78

F*ck Higgins and all the good luck messages, just look at the messages on the snookersceneblog and yous will see that not everyone has there heads buried in the sand with regards to the events in and after that meeting in Russia.

Postby Roland

bah, you should all get over it. So what, he made an error of judgement but I don't for one minute think he's a bad guy and would harm snooker by throwing frames. He was out of his depth trying to mix it with rich businessmen whilst in the belief that he was helping to put something back into the game with the World Series. Mooney is the bad guy in all of this, he's the one who lead our man astray and put him in the spot he found himself.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:bah, you should all get over it. So what, he made an error of judgement but I don't for one minute think he's a bad guy and would harm snooker by throwing frames. He was out of his depth trying to mix it with rich businessmen whilst in the belief that he was helping to put something back into the game with the World Series. Mooney is the bad guy in all of this, he's the one who lead our man astray and put him in the spot he found himself.

Higgins firstly threw in the Spanish Villa mortgage as somewhere for the bung to be lost.

But the fact he failed to report anything when he returned to the UK says it all for me :no:

Postby likelylad

I always will have doubts about Higgins. I guess he chose Hamm as most people there wont be opposing him, and he can have a low profile. I wonder how his fellow pros behave towards him.

Postby likelylad

Spot on! This is a fact he never gave any convincing answer

But the fact he failed to report anything when he returned to the UK says it all for me :santa:[/quote]

Postby Wildey

Friday November 12

4.30pm

Barry Pinches 4-0 Luca Brecel
Habib Shalchian 1-4 Ryan Day
Robart Milkins 4-0 Rod Lawler
Xiao Guodong 1-4 Peter Ebdon
Andy Hicks 1-4 Greame Dott
Tony Drago 3-4 Stuart Bingham
Judd Trump 4-2 Rory McLeod
Joe Delaney 2-4 Anthony Mcgill
Tom Ford 4-3 Patrick Einsle
Ken Doherty 4-3 Daniel Wells

Postby Roland

To be fair, he didn't exactly have a window long enough to reflect and alert Hearn.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:To be fair, he didn't exactly have a window long enough to reflect and alert Hearn.

he had enough time BUT surely he had to get his head around what did happen first and shopping someone that had become close to you over several years is not the easiest thing in the World to do.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Nice one John, keep shutting the doubters up :ahh:

Mate he can win every match to 0 and some wont shut up <doh>

Postby randam05

Well done Johnathan Higgins..any big breaks from the master?

But hes got gouldy locks next.

Postby Roland

Also Robbo is WN1 but he would never be if it weren't for the ban because Higgins was way in front. He's now got to look to the start of the 2012 season where he'll shoot up the rankings when he has no points to defend. That's got to be one of his focuses to seek the light at the end of the tunnel.

Postby likelylad

Mooney and Higgins knew each other so well. You really think Mooney did not inform Higgins before entering that room and John did not know anything about it?

Come on Gouldyballs!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Also Robbo is WN1 but he would never be if it weren't for the ban because Higgins was way in front. He's now got to look to the start of the 2012 season where he'll shoot up the rankings when he has no points to defend. That's got to be one of his focuses to seek the light at the end of the tunnel.

Higgins was only 1,540 points ahead of Robbo .....

Mate he will only shoot up rankings if he wins matches in the meantime Harold and Jogia arent the test ahead.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:To be fair, he didn't exactly have a window long enough to reflect and alert Hearn.

Yes, less than 24 hours before the reporters where at his door. Hann had over 1 year to report it to the WPBSA

Postby Alex0paul

Good start for Higgins and a decent on my man Dott too. Could be a great clash between those two at the UK and Masters.

Postby Roland

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Sonny wrote:Also Robbo is WN1 but he would never be if it weren't for the ban because Higgins was way in front. He's now got to look to the start of the 2012 season where he'll shoot up the rankings when he has no points to defend. That's got to be one of his focuses to seek the light at the end of the tunnel.

Mate he will only shoot up rankings if he wins matches in the meantime Harold and Jogia arent the test ahead.

He was only that far ahead when? At one point Higgins had enough points to breeze it number 1 all the way through the season had he been allowed to play.

Postby Wildey

Friday November 12

6pm

Martin Gould 4-1 Mark King
Dave Harold 0-4 John Higgins
Allan Taylor 0-4 Ricky Walden
Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon 3-4 Liam Highfield
Dominic Dale 4-1 Gerard Greene
Alan Mcmanus 1-4 Anthony Hamilton

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Sonny wrote:Also Robbo is WN1 but he would never be if it weren't for the ban because Higgins was way in front. .

Another way looking at it is that Higgins was very lucky to get his 6 month suspension backdated to May . He'd be struggling to stay in the top 16 if his suspension was from Sept to March

Postby GJ

If selby was number 1 i doubt we would see that comment from you

:redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:

He was only that far ahead when? At one point Higgins had enough points to breeze it number 1 all the way through the season had he been allowed to play.

he was 1540 points ahead after Points For NIT,Shanghai Masters and GP 2008 was deducted.

Add first 2 white columns together http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... ision-one/

Postby Witz78

Im refusing to comment on Higgins anymore ive decided, As far as im concerned HE no longer exists and this will be last ever post with his name in it. Hes an insult to the name Higgins. There is only one Higgins in snooker who ever did, ever has or ever will mean anything to me.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Im refusing to comment on Higgins anymore ive decided, As far as im concerned HE no longer exists and this will be last ever post with his name in it. Hes an insult to the name Higgins. There is only one Higgins in snooker who ever did, ever has or ever will mean anything to me.

<laugh>

Postby Roland

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Sonny wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:

he was 1540 points ahead after Points For NIT,Shanghai Masters and GP 2008 was deducted.

Add first 2 white columns together http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... ision-one/

I'll take your word for it - but then Robbo and a couple of others lost out with the Bahrain debacle so he was still in a good position even after missing the events up till now. What will he be after the UK? If he's still top 4 after that then minimal damage done you'd have to say although obviously he's got the big loss by the start of next season.

Say, is the Premier League table ready to view yet I wonder...

Postby Roland

So if Robbo wins 6-0 with 6 centuries then Selby will need....

4. Mark Williams 6 1 3 2 17 19 4 £21,000 5
5. Mark Selby 5 2 1 2 16 14 5 £21,000 5
6. Ding Junhui 6 1 2 3 12 24 2 £14,000 4
7. Neil Robertson 5 1 1 3 14 16 1 £15,000 3

am I being thick here? I can't work it out...

Selby needs 1 frame to topple Williams assuming the difference between them is based on cash. Actually scratch that, Williams is only ahead of Selby on frames won not cash.

So if Robbo wins 4-2 he'll be on 5 points, £19,000 with no centuries and 18-18 on goal difference. Would Selby still be ahead? Robbo would be on the same points, less money but more frames won.

I think the conclusion I've come to (as with all maths problems I've shown the workings) is that we need to know how the PL decide what the order of points, frames won, money won and frames difference is.

:santa: