Topic locked

Re: Ruhr Championship (EPTC 5)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:You sometimes get 3 tournaments a week in tennis and players can pick and choose which one they go to depending on how they feel they'll do there, I hope snooker can get to that stage eventually, I think it's great.

i think it will be hard to get to there but yes players should be now picking and choosing there might also be a case of picking 8 best performance out of 12 PTC Events going towards your ranking but with all main rankers and PTC Final counting.

Postby randam05

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Bourne wrote:You sometimes get 3 tournaments a week in tennis and players can pick and choose which one they go to depending on how they feel they'll do there, I hope snooker can get to that stage eventually, I think it's great.

i think it will be hard to get to there but yes players should be now picking and choosing there might also be a case of picking 8 best performance out of 12 PTC Events going towards your ranking but with all main rankers and PTC Final counting.

But then what if some players enter and others dont.. say williams higgins and selby do but robertson murphy and ronnie dont..you wont have as many classic clashes in matches if you get me.

Postby Wildey

But we will have to live with that......

if we want a proper tour we cant expect players top players to play in every events.

Yes they will play in Bigger Events but with more Main Rankers there will be Less That will play in Every PTC.

there could even be a case to play a PTC during the same weekend as the Finals of a Ranking event so if you reach the Quarters of that Ranking Event on Friday you cant play in a PTC But for other players that lost early in a Rankers theres a chance to get back on a horse at a PTC Event.

What im saying there might come a time where you could organize a PTC When there is a Ranking Tournament On.

Postby Monique

case_master wrote:Good luck - Higgins, Allen, Ding & Hendry :D

Ding is not playing. He's in the Asian games.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:But we will have to live with that......

if we want a proper tour we cant expect players top players to play in every events.

Yes they will play in Bigger Events but with more Main Rankers there will be Less That will play in Every PTC.

there could even be a case to play a PTC during the same weekend as the Finals of a Ranking event so if you reach the Quarters of that Ranking Event on Friday you cant play in a PTC But for other players that lost early in a Rankers theres a chance to get back on a horse at a PTC Event.

What im saying there might come a time where you could organize a PTC When there is a Ranking Tournament On.

yeh the PTCs could eventually become the snooker equivalent of the Challenger events on the tennis circuit for the lowly ranked players to compete in.

Postby Wildey

Theres 147 on the tables never mind how much balls is potted <doh>

Postby Monique

Neither Ronnie nor Robbo will be there. They were discussing it yesterday night in PL before their match

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Neither Ronnie nor Robbo will be there. They were discussing it yesterday night in PL before their match

Robbo said in his interview with Dave Hendon and as for Ronnie well no surprise there

Postby Wildey

Friday November 12

9am

Allister Carter scr Habib Shalchian W/0
Matthew Couch 1-4 Robart Milkins
Jimmy White 0-4 Rod Lawler
Xiao Guodong 4-0 Ronni Beniesch
Peter Ebdon 4-2 Kuldash Johal
Andy Hicks 4-0 Chris Frommel
Graeme Dott 4-0 Reanne Evans
Tony Drago 4-0 Hans Blanckaert
Alan Mcmanus 4-0 Dieter Neier
Anthony Hamilton 4-3 Issara Kachaiwong

Postby Wildey

Jimmy White 0-4 Rod Lawler

Rod Lawler is a year off becoming Witz Version of Unofficial World Senior Champion <laugh>

Postby Wildey

as we speak John Higgins has hit his first ball of the season 9-0 Jogia at the moment

Postby Wildey

Live Scoring is a bit of a flop Kachaiwong been on a 5 minute 1 Break then it jumped to Hamilton on 25 <doh>

Postby Wildey

Friday November 12

10.30am

Stuart Bingham 4-0 Mario Van Herk
Rory McLeod 4-2 Chen Zhe
Mark Joyce 3-4 Joe Delaney
Anthony Mcgill 4-0 Stephanie Ochoiski
Michael Wasley 1-4 Patrick Einslie

11am

Joe Swail 2-4 Ken Doherty
Daniel Wells 4-0 Benjamin Frommel
Mark King 4-0 Noppon Saengkham
Dave Harold 4-0 Danny Douane
Joe Jogia 2-4 John Higgins

Postby Wildey

unbelievable

Snooker Island is the only site that carries full Results from hamm

Postby Monique

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:unbelievable

I'm on my way to Hamm, coming from Grimsby.
I will put all results up with break details when I get there.
Currently at Manchester airport at the gate to embark for Duesseldorf. Should be at the venue around 7 pm local time.
BTW Wild feel free to check on ROS: I've put a link to yesterdays photo album. Copy it here if you want.
I'm doing this from my mobile ... Not very easy posting

Postby GJ

good decision by the world champion seeing as he has a remote chance to qualfiy and his main rivals ding and ronnie wont be in the ptc finals his motivation levels wont be high for this event

robbo :afro: :D

bring on the uk <cool>

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:unbelievable

I'm on my way to Hamm, coming from Grimsby.
I will put all results up with break details when I get there.
Currently at Manchester airport at the gate to embark for Duesseldorf. Should be at the venue around 7 pm local time.
BTW Wild feel free to check on ROS: I've put a link to yesterdays photo album. Copy it here if you want.
I'm doing this from my mobile ... Not very easy posting

im finding laptop harder than desktop so god knows how ill manage on Mobile lol

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:good decision by the world champion seeing as he has a remote chance to qualfiy and his main rivals ding and ronnie wont be in the ptc finals his motivation levels wont be high for this event

robbo :afro: :D

bring on the uk <cool>

All he had to do to Qualify Win a PTC Event isnt he up to that ????

Postby Wildey

Stephen Hendry is not playing either Gerard Greene gets a Walk Over

John Higgins Beats Jogia 4-2 and plays Harold at 6pm

Postby Wildey

Friday November 12

12pm

Allan Taylor 4-0 Ralph Muller
Ricky Walden 4-0 Nicole Breitenstein
Nigel Bond 3-4 Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon
Liam Highfield 4-0 Robert Drahn
Gerard Greene w/0 Stephen Hendry

12.30pm

Mark Davis 3-4 Luca Brecel
Adrian Gunnell scr Ryan Day w/o

Postby Wildey

Luca Brecel comes back from 3-0 down to beat Mark Davis 4-3 and advance to play Barry Pinches in the Last 64.