Topic locked

Re: Ruhr Championship (EPTC 5)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I'm well pleased for the man. This gives the people who rely on the red tops to lead their lives & inspire them a blackened eye.

Resilient isn't a strong enough word to describe the man.

Postby Alex0paul

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:Who says cheats never win ?

A bad day for snooker . I'm looking forward to seeing him play at the UK championship where real home grown fans will give him a piece of their mind

When has Higgins cheated?

Postby randam05

Only just came in, And I cant actually believe hes won it, truely an incredible man. Ronnie? Genius?..This man is a genius.

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:Only just came in, And I cant actually believe hes won it, truely an incredible man. Ronnie? Genius?..This man is a genius.

agreed

Postby Witz78

A bad day for snooker . I'm looking forward to seeing him play at the UK championship where real home grown fans will give him a piece of their mind

yeh i agree, he may have won a battle today but the boo boys will win the war.

A terrible day for snooker today ! :sad:

Postby Bourne

He'll be winning many more matches and many more titles to come
So you muggerz will need a lot of cough sweets for that booing rofl

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:He'll be winning many more matches and many more titles to come

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Higgins will finish his career with more World titles than Ronnie imo.

Postby randam05

case_master wrote:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Quite possibly..certainly got it in him.

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

i agree <ok>

(But only if you add Alexs to his tally) <ok>

Postby NedB-H

<laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl :D

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

yeh i agree, he may have won a battle today but the boo boys will win the war.

A terrible day for snooker today ! :sad:

i don't get this.

he was accused of aranging to throw frames and matches and yet when he wins a tournament "who sais cheats never wins ?" but the point is he was accused of arranging to lose so he don't win.

i think its about time people gets off their high horses and talk utter rubbish without knowing what the hell they going on about.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

It's still cheating weather someone takes money to throw a match or if they pay someone else to lose against them . Same difference

There's no such thing as " good cheating " or bad cheating " - there's only cheating

Postby Tubberlad

This has got to go down as a spectacular achievement. I'm absolutely stunned. Whatever has gone on, Higgins is truly a magnificent player, and NOBODY can take that away from him.

Postby Wildey

but he won the tournament and got money for winning it.

is that cheating ?

or would it be better for him to have thrown a match so he don't win it ?

Postby Tubberlad

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:It's still cheating weather someone takes money to throw a match or if they pay someone else to lose against them . Same difference

There's no such thing as " good cheating " or bad cheating " - there's only cheating

The guy has screwed up, and I was fit to throttle him after seeing that video the day before the world final. I felt like he had kicked snooker in the balls.

However, you or I do not know the full details of what actually went on, we were only being fed a heavily edited piece of footage from a newspaper that isn't fit to wipe my bottom.

I'll always have doubts about this, but I don't think anyone here can say they haven't screwed up at some stage in life, and I'm not going to look down my nose at a man who has achieved a million times more than what I ever will. John Higgins, from my experience, is a very nice bloke and a snooker player of extraordinary ability.

Postby Wildey

i see comments like it sickens me he has won a tournament ?

then i ask my self what did they want john to do .......not try maybe then he will have done what he was accused of aranging doing so we back to where we started :?

Postby Tubberlad

I think it's high time we move on from it. He messed up. He was stupid. He is an outstanding snooker player, who will take some beating for a while yet.

Postby NedB-H

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:It's still cheating weather someone takes money to throw a match or if they pay someone else to lose against them . Same difference

he never took money to throw a match though

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:I think it's high time we move on from it. He messed up. He was stupid. He is an outstanding snooker player, who will take some beating for a while yet.

mate i agree however you seen it today and all weekend every time john won a match the same sentances getting re cycled time after time after time.

this was only a PTC Event just wait until he wins a UK Match or heaven forbid 2 UK Matches.

Postby Bourne

It'll die down in the next few months, no doubt about it, Higgins is answering them on the table and that's the best way he can do it. In time, people will realise how good it is to see him back.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:It'll die down in the next few months, no doubt about it, Higgins is answering them on the table and that's the best way he can do it. In time, people will realise how good it is to see him back.

Let's be honest... before all this came out, he was FIRMLY ther best player in the World, and had been since taking the World Title in 2009, imo. He will take some serious stopping, the motivation is there and is CLEARLY working.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:It'll die down in the next few months, no doubt about it, Higgins is answering them on the table and that's the best way he can do it. In time, people will realise how good it is to see him back.

Let's be honest... before all this came out, he was FIRMLY ther best player in the World, and had been since taking the World Title in 2009, imo. He will take some serious stopping, the motivation is there and is CLEARLY working.

a wounded animal is a dangerous animal <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Well said. <ok>

Does anybody know what the reception for John Higgins was like in Germany? Was he booed, or were people over there less aware/more accepting of what had happened? Either way winning an event like this shows his class as a player, even if we are divided on our opinion of him as a person.

I'm glad John won though. Because of the PTCs, he's missed a hell of a lot of match practice that the others had received. Winning an event like this, then playing in Prague next week hopefully should give him some sharpening up before the main event that is the UK Championship. It'll be interesting to see how Telford react to him. And how he reacts to their reaction.

Postby Wildey

Booing is the no 1 inspiration for players like John Higgins.

Postby randam05

Witz..if you read this anymore,

I know you dont like higgins..but this could ruin the WC or other tournaments for you one year,Listen!..For example, ive always hated ryan day, but when he was winning, I had to grow to like him else it would ruin the matches he played in and won for me ( like when he reached the grand prix final) If I had hated him like I do now (cause hes losing again!), i wouldnt have enjoyed the grand prix because I wasnt supporting him at all. Although I have always hated him and always will, I try not to unsupport him when hes winning else I dont enjoy.So I think you should feel mutual against higgins now before the worlds or uk come around and he wins it..cause you will feel youve spent the whole tournament booing him and you wont have enjoyed the snooker. =)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I didn't think he'd win the tournament but it's not that big a shock. He was the best player a year ago and was still second best when he was suspended.

I'm not sure how this means he has answered his critics. No-one ever said he was a bad player or doubted his ability.

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Witz..if you read this anymore,

I know you dont like higgins..but this could ruin the WC or other tournaments for you one year,Listen!..For example, ive always hated ryan day, but when he was winning, I had to grow to like him else it would ruin the matches he played in and won for me ( like when he reached the grand prix final) If I had hated him like I do now (cause hes losing again!), i wouldnt have enjoyed the grand prix because I wasnt supporting him at all. Although I have always hated him and always will, I try not to unsupport him when hes winning else I dont enjoy.So I think you should feel mutual against higgins now before the worlds or uk come around and he wins it..cause you will feel youve spent the whole tournament booing him and you wont have enjoyed the snooker. =)

no can do im afraid, id rather ruin my enjoyment of a tournament by hating Higgins and willing him to lose :D

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

no can do im afraid, id rather ruin my enjoyment of a tournament by hating Higgins and willing him to lose :D

could you stay off the computer when he plays then <ok>

its the same comments every match ......getting repetative :seif:

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

could you stay off the computer when he plays then <ok>

its the same comments every match ......getting repetative :seif:

no by doing that, id become the silent majority who feel a certain way towards Higgins. Me, Stalin, Davros and others will continue to preach our views on this, it wont go away so get used to it, just like Higgins will have to for the rest of his career. This dark cloud wont dissapear.