Topic locked

Re: Ruhr Championship (EPTC 5)

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:HAHAH day loses in a decider against pinches..

LOL

you not president of his fan club are you <laugh>

Postby randam05

Who will win out of dom dale and anthony hamilton..two of my fav players..dont want any to lose.

And do we know if ronnies attending?

Postby randam05

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
randam05 wrote:HAHAH day loses in a decider against pinches..

LOL

you not president of his fan club are you <laugh>

No but i am president of pinches <laugh>

Ha no sorry I just dont like him one bit.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:apparently not

thats slightly out of context <laugh>

Postby Roland

hit submit, 2 replies before it registers. That's why I have post review switched on in most forums.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:hit submit, 2 replies before it registers. That's why I have post review switched on in most forums.

i know lol

Postby Bourne

Kudos to Day for winning matches to get this far and taking 3 frames off Pinches, he's moving forward at least :hmm:

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:Kudos to Day for winning matches to get this far and taking 3 frames off Pinches, he's moving forward at least :hmm:

<laugh>

that's not as bad as certain Jimmy White fans still cheering him on to that elusive world title

Postby Wildey

Friday November 12

Last 32

Barry Pinches 4-3 Ryan Day
Robart Milkins 4-2 Peter Ebdon
Greame Dott 4-3 Stuart Bingham
Judd Trump 4-0 Anthony Mcgill
Tom Ford 4-0 Ken Doherty
Martin Gould 3-4 John Higgins
Ricky Walden 4-1 Liam Highfield
Dominic Dale 3-4 Anthony Hamilton

Top Half Last 16

Barry Pinches v Robart Milkins
Greame Dott v Judd Trump
Tom Ford v John Higgins
Ricky Walden v Anthony Hamilton

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:It speaks volumes for Higgins doesn't it? Despite all that's gone on, he's won his first 3 matches. What a player.

Get a sick bag, watch the video again for buck sake.................really I'm staggered, you still kissing his bottom after all this.

Has he had the deceny to apologise to the snooker world for the mess he created and left a stink in Sheffield. How about saying sorry to Robbo and Dotty.

Absolute forkin disgrace and peeps here sucking the runt off. :grrr:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Sonny wrote:It speaks volumes for Higgins doesn't it? Despite all that's gone on, he's won his first 3 matches. What a player.

Get a sick bag, watch the video again for buck sake.................really I'm staggered, you still kissing his bottom after all this.

Has he had the deceny to apologise to the snooker world for the mess he created and left a stink in Sheffield. How about saying sorry to Robbo and Dotty.

Absolute forkin disgrace and peeps here sucking the runt off. :grrr:

come on smart mate...no one here is bottom licking

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Bourne wrote:Kudos to Day for winning matches to get this far and taking 3 frames off Pinches, he's moving forward at least :hmm:

<laugh>

that's not as bad as certain Jimmy White fans still cheering him on to that elusive world title

its no longer elusive after last weekend :bowdown:

GO JIMMY !!! <cool>

Postby Roland

Whenever the subject of Higgins comes up you and certain others are way more prominent than others. There is another section of people who welcome him back and I am one :santa:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:No apolody I am gobsmacked really I am :|

we know you are :roll:

however i feel he has paid his price and now should be welcomed back like the prodigal son

Postby Witz78

Ultimate_snooker wrote:

however i feel he has paid his price and now should be welcomed back like the prodigal son

prodigal son <doh>

that the BS ass licking messiah worshipping crap that makes me and Stalin and all fans with sense sick to the pits of our stomach. :wild2:

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:

prodigal son <doh>

that the BS ass licking messiah worshipping crap that makes me and Stalin and all fans with sense sick to the pits of our stomach. :wild2:

hey im by no means messiah worshiping..lol...im useing it as a metophor.

john higgins (prodigal son) done wrong....family (snooker fans) forgive him and welcome him back

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

I'm with Stalin and Witz . if it'd be a lower ranked player like Peter Francisco or Quintan Hann he would have been banned for years

Postby Roland

If he bucks up again then he deserves everything he gets but until then, let him prove himself to you. Give him a chance.

Postby Wildey

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:I'm with Stalin and Witz . if it'd be a lower ranked player like Peter Francisco or Quintan Hann he would have been banned for years

we or you are judging him on things you have not seen .

the tribuneral went through his phone statements his mobile statements his bank statements etc etc etc .

im not being funny but exactly what have you seen ????

ohhhh yes a heavily edited tape in the papers what lead to him being there in that meeting is being ignored or a hell of a lot of people had a wishful thinking that they would not see him play again.

Postby Wildey

you know what really pisses me off about the whole recycling bullocks.

if they had found him guilty other people would be saying

"they made a example of him"

"he was a scape goat"

etc

they found him not guilty of the crime they suspended him for being a thicko.

people are forgetting the evidence and just acting on the agenda they would have loved to happen.

Postby Tubberlad

I don't think anyone can say I was fighting Higgins' corner. I was very, very sceptical based on what I had seen. However, although I was a bit bemused when the call was first made, I think I've started to accept that there's a lot more to this story that we probably don't know about. The decision has been made, and so be it.

I will feel a little uneasy about John Higgins. I don't believe in making him out to be a prodigal son or a man who has earned hero status. He's a class snooker player, and a very nice bloke from my experience of him, but he has been involved in a very distasteful ordeal that has done the game absolutely no favours. He wasn't the ringleader, but he didn't alert anyone. Do I believe the russian mafia story? I found it a little bit laughable to be honest.

One of the lesser things that annoyed me is the niggling doubt that people here, or on any forum, would have crucified Ronnie O'Sullivan had he been in this situation. I'm not thick. I also know they would not have accepted the result had O'Sullivan, like Higgins, been found not guilty. I KNOW THAT. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I would have had the exact same view regardless of whatever player was wound up, in this case Higgins. I also feel that some who may have been calling for Higgins' head on this forum and all others would have made every effort to fawn and make excuses for O'Sullivan. Double standards? From some, absolutely. From all? Of course not.

However, what's done is done. I won't be preaching because I can be as thick as anyone when I want to be, and am far from whiter-than-white. I trust the right decision has been made by an independent body, and I'll just look forward to Higgins playing snooker again. I won't be willing him to any World titles, but I wouldn't have been doing that anyway. Lets just see what happens.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:So if Robbo wins 6-0 with 6 centuries then Selby will need....

4. Mark Williams 6 1 3 2 17 19 4 £21,000 5
5. Mark Selby 5 2 1 2 16 14 5 £21,000 5
6. Ding Junhui 6 1 2 3 12 24 2 £14,000 4
7. Neil Robertson 5 1 1 3 14 16 1 £15,000 3

am I being thick here? I can't work it out...

Selby needs 1 frame to topple Williams assuming the difference between them is based on cash. Actually scratch that, Williams is only ahead of Selby on frames won not cash.

So if Robbo wins 4-2 he'll be on 5 points, £19,000 with no centuries and 18-18 on goal difference. Would Selby still be ahead? Robbo would be on the same points, less money but more frames won.

I think the conclusion I've come to (as with all maths problems I've shown the workings) is that we need to know how the PL decide what the order of points, frames won, money won and frames difference is.

:santa:

Frames won
If still tied player who the encounter between tied pair
If there was a draw first to 3

Postby Monique

And Ronnie will not be there: he said so in answer to Neil's question before their match in PL. I know he's unpredictable and prone to change his mind but I doubt he does over this.

Postby Casey

Ronnies not turning up? From a mark Allen fans pov, I'm not complaining as they where due to meet in the final again.

As for Higgins, well guys there are people here that believe he is innocent, if I thought he was guilty I would not support him. The tribunal seem all the evidence ie. Phone, Email & statement from NOTW reporter.

Anyway, I can understand why some will be against him, however we should not be criticised for believing his innocence....as he is. Others can only speculate on his guilt, but as it stands he is innocent. Never support him, that's your choice but we will and that's ours.

You have known for some time now that John would be returning and its a certainly that he will win tournaments again at some stage.

Postby sundaygirl

Could someone please do a list of the top 16 with a Yes/No or Maybe for their qualification to the Final?

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:Could someone please do a list of the top 16 with a Yes/No or Maybe for their qualification to the Final?

totally depends if they win a Tournament

the only 2 top 16 thats out is Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ding Junhui any of the others can make the finals just by winning EPTC 5 OR 6