Topic locked

Re: The MIUS Cup (EPTC4)

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Well ill be Paying i dont think its morrally Right people going to the Cost of installing Streaming then Crooks pirate it out for free.

HARD LINES I WILL BE TUNING IN FOR ZIP

:D <cool>

At least when sarah signs in later she will know who to sue because you and Bourne has named the pireting crooks <ok>

well if you insist on grassing me up i cant just view it via proxy

thanks for the warning <cool>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Well ill be Paying i dont think its morrally Right people going to the Cost of installing Streaming then Crooks pirate it out for free.

At least when sarah signs in later she will know who to sue because you and Bourne has named the pireting crooks <ok>

Eh, you think you can take fromsport etc to court ? Did I read that right ?!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

they are Breaking the Law

Postby GJ

fromsport <cool> :ahh:

wild <laugh> :wave:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Best of luck with that one wild <laugh>

im not taking them to Court i havent got the Cash but someone will <ok>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:

DELEUDED <laugh>

Postby Bourne

What's your next venture wild, sue people who go to the pub to watch the footy but they have their mates buy the drinks for them ?

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

DELEUDED <laugh>

why

you think its Right that someone going to severe cost to set up streaming and a pirate crooked Firm shows theire stream for Free,,,

Enter the real world Mate <ok>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

DELEUDED <laugh>

why

you think its Right that someone going to severe cost to set up streaming and a pirate crooked Firm shows theire stream for Free,,,

Enter the real world Mate <ok>

you obviously have no idea how the internet operates mate

i think its you who needs to get real

<ok>

Postby Wildey

you know what i would do just not streaming nothing then i wont be going to any cost then pitates could not steal my streams and fans cant see anything then Everyone Loses out <ok>

Postby Wildey

it seems to me the pirate streaming trade going to cost us seeing any PTC because Barry will not stand for that happening will he.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:I must confess i watched a Pirated film online earlier :ashamed:

Treasure Island :D

naughty boy you will be in court soon

:wave:

Postby Sarah Mount

Well! That didn't go to plan. Thanks to the football traffic I ended up missing my train and will now be setting off early in the morning for the =5hours journey! Why couldn't it have been the North East Snooker Academy?!?!

I notice lots of debate on here tonight regarding the streaming and the fact that we are charging people to view the matches. I appreciate that not everyone will be willing to pay to watch the streaming and that is of course their choice but we are a company and we have to generate income to survive. Please remember that any profit made by the Academy is donated to charity so this is by no means a 'greed' issue. We have listened to a large number of snooker fans who have said they want to be able to watch what is going on in as many events as possible and as a result we have decided to provide live streaming. We in no way are obliged to provide it and we run the risk of effecting our ticket sales by providing it, but, we feel strongly that snooker is a spectator sport and should be available to all who are interested. We are relatively new to all of this and it is true that due to human error, things did not go to plan on the night of the launch with the streaming. As was rightly pointed out by some forum members, this resulted in us streaming what was left of the event on Ustream for free and we are giving refunds to all those who paid. The exhibition event as a whole will be available on our website (should be tomorrow) for anyone who is interested-free of charge!

At the moment we are happy to stream footage from events and we will continue to do so until we deem that the levels of interest do not justify the expense. Hopefully, lots of people will get behind the streaming of this event and will help towards covering the costs we incur so we can continue to provide the service. We have looked into a number of streaming options and have come up with a method that will allow a good quality stream for a reasonable price to purchasers. We will begin by streaming the Luca Brecel v Stuart Carrington match tomorrow evening at 6pm. There will be a charge of £1 to watch this match and you will be able to register and pay your pounds from tomorrow lunchtime/afternoon.

For the rest of the event, we will be streaming two tables. The Arena table and one of the tables from a match room. It will cost £4.50 per day to watch the streaming from the Arena and £3 per day to watch the streaming from the match table. For this price you will have access to watch all of the matches from start of play to the close of play each day. Tomorrow morning, we will be releasing a list of the matches that are due to be streamed on each table. I do know that Neil Robertson's first round match will be the first one in the Arena and will therefore be streamed.

I realise that there are always people who will abuse the content and attempt to make it available for free to those who object to paying for it and there is little we can do to prevent that but we have kept prices reasonable in order to minimise the numbers of those who look elsewhere. To all of you who are looking to pay for the service, enjoy!

Postby Wildey

nobody can complain about that it goes to charity and i am a very charitable person <ok>

so its about £23.50 from all streams for 4 days snooker with cash going to charity sounds fair to me for the choice of 36 matches over 4 days.

Postby randam05

Yup sounds brilliant sarah, and me and my little sister shall be attending all of sunday =)

Can you post the link again of where to buy tickets please.

Thankyou.

Postby sundaygirl

Sorry to come to the debate late ,busy day yesterday. I agree with wild it is a morality issue, if someone is providing a product/service which you want at a reasonable cost you should pay for it. It is the right thing to do.
Everyone posting here agrees that the work being done in Gloucester is good for snooker and we would welcome more of the same so we should give them our support in all ways possible.

Postby GJ

Well i give more to charity than most people so im not apologisng to anyone about this

Postby weewelshwitch

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Well i give more to charity than most people so im not apologisng to anyone about this

You could try apologising to Sarah and Paul if you're planning to try and rip them off :grrr:

Postby weewelshwitch

STREAMING SCHEDULE for ROUND ONE - Friday

The order of play for the arena on Friday 29 October is as follows:

9.00am: Neil Robertson v David Morris
10.30am: Allister Carter v Reanne Evans
1.00pm: Steve Davis v Alfie Burden
3.00pm: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Noppon Saengkham

The order of player for table 2 on Friday 29 October is as follows:
9.00am: Liang Wenbo v Danny Douane
10.30am: Mark Davis v Patrick Einsle
1.00pm: Shaun Murphy v Gary Thomson
3.00pm: Jimmy White v Duane Jones

Matches from 4.30pm onwards in Round Two will be announced when the line up is confirmed.

Register for Streaming at: www.southwestsnookeracademy.com

Note: There will also be LIVE scoring throughout the event on the SWSA website.

Postby GJ

weewelshwitch wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:Well i give more to charity than most people so im not apologisng to anyone about this

You could try apologising to Sarah and Paul if you're planning to try and rip them off :grrr:

:no:

thats internet streaming :ahh:

Postby NedB-H

£3 for a day of snooker is reasonable enough for me <ok>

It would be good if the streaming became so popular, that the Academy could cover its costs by advertising on the stream and put it out for free. That won't happen if everyone watches pirated streams instead thouhg :frown:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 28th October

6pm

Luca Brecel v Stuart Carrington £1 Streaming
Martin O'Donnell v David Singh
Andrew Milliard v Jamie Rhys Clarke

Postby Wildey

NedB-H wrote:£3 for a day of snooker is reasonable enough for me <ok>

It would be good if the streaming became so popular, that the Academy could cover its costs by advertising on the stream and put it out for free. That won't happen if everyone watches pirated streams instead thouhg :frown:

yes Pirates are going to in the end cost anyone seeing nothing because it wont be worth it for people like Paul to Bother Getting streams in

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
NedB-H wrote:£3 for a day of snooker is reasonable enough for me <ok>

yes Pirates are going to in the end cost anyone seeing nothing because it wont be worth it for people like Paul to Bother Getting streams in

OTHER SPORTS DONT MIND <cool>