Topic locked

Re: The MIUS Cup (EPTC4)

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Look, you cant say Higgins isnt playing well guys..

Hes won 11 out of 11 matches so far since his return..you dont win that many without playing well..deserves it.

well obviously your definition of in form and playing well falls well below my threshold of defining playing well.

great performance but at any given point if others had taken their chances he could have lost 50% of the matches hes won very easily thats to take nothing away from him but that is exactly how john will view it as well.

but who cares winning by hook or by crook is ALL that matters but im not going to bow down and say he is on fire when he is far off it.

Postby Bourne

It was his first tournament back from a 6 month absence and when he had only even picked up a cue for the first time a couple of weeks beforehand. If you can't appreciate the quality of that achievement taking everything into perspective, then that's your problem. Just because he wasn't hitting century after century in every frame, he's supposedly not playing well :zzz:

Postby Roland

Every time in the last EPTCs I've flicked on to live scoring and seen Higgins on a break, he's carried on scoring until he's won the frame. :huh2:

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Every time in the last EPTCs I've flicked on to live scoring and seen Higgins on a break, he's carried on scoring until he's won the frame. :huh2:

But apparently that's not enough :emu:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:It was his first tournament back from a 6 month absence and when he had only even picked up a cue for the first time a couple of weeks beforehand. If you can't appreciate the quality of that achievement taking everything into perspective, then that's your problem. Just because he wasn't hitting century after century in every frame, he's supposedly not playing well :zzz:

Doesent Matter you Muppett if it was first Back or 100th Back you either play well or you dont....and sod all to do with centuries you goof.

God theres idiots on here for some reason if he wins a tournament after a ban its seen as some amazing play ..

Acheavemant was great how he played said more about the inabilities of others rather than his game that he could win it

God what a Plank <doh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Every time in the last EPTCs I've flicked on to live scoring and seen Higgins on a break, he's carried on scoring until he's won the frame. :huh2:

he has played Far better this Weekend any idiot apart from king Idiot bourne can see that.

Postby Bourne

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Bourne wrote:It was his first tournament back from a 6 month absence and when he had only even picked up a cue for the first time a couple of weeks beforehand. If you can't appreciate the quality of that achievement taking everything into perspective, then that's your problem. Just because he wasn't hitting century after century in every frame, he's supposedly not playing well :zzz:

Doesent Matter you Muppett if it was first Back or 100th Back you either play well or you dont....and sod all to do with centuries you goof.

God theres idiots on here for some reason if he wins a tournament after a ban its seen as some amazing play ..

Acheavemant was great how he played said more about the inabilities of others rather than his game that he could win it

God what a Plank <doh>

Not even mentioned the personal turmoil he's had in recent weeks too with his father's illness ... and ffs he WON the event, not a gallant semi-finalist ... he's a born winner, what more can he do ? And he's backed it up this week, showing it was no fluke. It's not like there's much extraordinary snooker players in form at the minute, Robbo really the only one who's consistently good, so Higgins really stands out in his brief return.

Postby Wildey

uhhhhhh What has that to do with how hes played ?

so if you go through Hard times no matter how rubbish someone plays you have to say he played Brilliant :? :? :? :? :? :?

Postby Bourne

I've never said he played brilliant because I didn't watch any of it, just like I didn't say he didn't play well :roll: The achievement is what's admirable.