Topic locked

Re: The MIUS Cup (EPTC4)

Postby Roland

I think I'm skiing again during the qualifiers so I'll miss it either way

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Favourite Player: to be confirmed

:-(

yes i need to assess things over the rest of this season.

disappointed in the way Stephen played this weekend...

he was breaking off on purpose bringing a red up over the centre pocket it was as if he was challenging Joe to win the frame from the first chance.

Postby GJ

robbo faces evans in eptc 6

<laugh> :redneck:

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:

he was breaking off on purpose bringing a red up over the centre pocket it was as if he was challenging Joe to win the frame from the first chance.

How do you bring a red over the middle on purpose from the break-off? It sounds like he must've spent ages practicing it.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Get on the Trump bandwagon quick before it reaches 100mph at the UK :afro:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

How do you bring a red over the middle on purpose from the break-off? It sounds like he must've spent ages practicing it.

he was breaking off almost hitting the red Ding hit on his crazy break but played it with running side instead of stun as was the case with ding.

and every single break brought a red over the middle pocket.

Postby sundaygirl

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Please don't give up on Stephen just yet. The fact that he keeps turning up to the events - when so many others don't - shows a determination to work thro' the problems he is having with his game.

Postby Wildey

i could not understand what he was trying other day.

he made good breaks in that match but then instead of fighting for chances in the decider he broke off and bang a ball over the centre.

it was a copy cat break off .

if perry cocked it up he would be in the balls with a chance but if perry didn't it was frame over which it was.

hes got no fight at the moment no motivation he is dead inside.

Postby jadechelsea

Sonny wrote:Excellent photos randam and jade and really glad you had a good day out.

thank you sonny :) sad it is finshed

Postby Smart

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:a word on the academy/streaming of this event.

the Academy in Gloucester did themselves Proud with this event and showed how to put on a Great show.

i believe the World Championship Qualifiers should be Brought to Gloucester This season. it would be a travesty for the sport if those are played behind closed doors in Sheffield and where better to hold those Qualifiers than at the SWA.

wild - this is your best post for over a year, seriously. :idea: :redneck: :idea: :redneck:

I would like to have an opinion and to voice it to BH. Who can make this possible for me................... Gloucester for the World and UK qualifiers, then I can die a happy man. :idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

Postby Smart

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:is there any point in having a plate competition ?

there's so much w/o involved its laughable .

you had lasse munsterman reaching the semi finals after playing 1 match in the last 32 against Tony Knowles http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com/ ... sults.html

I think its valuable to those who do get knocked out in Round 1 and have made a long journey - especially if they need match experience. Its good in my book. <ok> :idea: <ok> :idea:

Postby Monique

The idea of the plate is to make sure nobody gets out having played just one match. There is also a financial reward (modest) for the winner and runner-up. Now in EPTC3, Reanne was plate runner-up and got 500 Euros. Last week-end she won the East Anglian WLBSA ranking event and got 200£ ... no comments.
Note that in the Ladies events, there are ranking points available in the plate also.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:The idea of the plate is to make sure nobody gets out having played just one match. There is also a financial reward (modest) for the winner and runner-up. Now in EPTC3, Reanne was plate runner-up and got 500 Euros. Last week-end she won the East Anglian WLBSA ranking event and got 200£ ... no comments.
Note that in the Ladies events, there are ranking points available in the plate also.

its just a shame so little is played of it and it was not unique in Gloucester the previous week was the same in Germany....

wouldn't it be better instead of entering players that had no intention of playing in it why not put a head count of players interested and start at the last 16 stage.

and then there wouldn't be all these walk over

Postby Roland

You've obviously never played in a pro-am wild - this is what plates are always like

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You've obviously never played in a pro-am wild - this is what plates are always like

yes i know that but a bit pointless having 1 player getting to the semi playing 1 match and others losing in the quarters having played 4 matches.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Sonny wrote:You've obviously never played in a pro-am wild - this is what plates are always like

yes i know that but a bit pointless having 1 player getting to the semi playing 1 match and others losing in the quarters having played 4 matches.

<ok> i agree

also how do they decide who gets the w/o if both players are no shows rofl

Postby Wildey

whatever you do dont change wits name to

witzloveswild :redneck:

Postby GJ

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:whatever you do dont change wits name to

witzloveswild :redneck:

:afro: :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Here goes. <ok>

I set off at roughly 7.20am and got to the venue in good time for 8.30am though I did stumble across MIUS the company offices before finding that I had missed a turning. <laugh>

I was instantly impressed by the efficient staff who were assigning wristbands dependant on what ticket you had bought. In the reception area there was lots of info, screens with live scores, match draws. I was sat in the seat directly behind Robbo in the first match of the day. He was very apologetic about being late. BTW is he growing his hair <laugh>

Its all a bit of a blur as I moved around the venue so many times - catching the matches I wanted to see and important ends to other matches. The pods offer massive value, as from the middle ones you can see right across all tables very well indeed.

Next match I recall was Cope vs Gilbert. Obviously being a bit of a Cope fan I was willing him on, but he never got going or got a chance to get going. Gilbert who has a lovely manner round the table was flying. He was hitting it so sweet, not missing a thing. He was dressed in a smart casual atire of slacks and t-shirt. In his later match vs Lisowski he was in waistcoat, and he just could not reproduce the earlier form where I think he hit 2 tons and a fifty.

What I particularly enjoyed about this format is being able to see players whom do not get much tv coverage and usually are just names. I'm talking here about the Lisowski fella. He has some real swagger and can pot for fun.

3 things to raise:

Andrew Normans wins over Ding and Allen. This again is a name that I have seen on scoring and drawsheets for years and years and never seen him (despite him being local-ish). He showed real bottle to wins those games and when I came out of the pods into the reception he was so delighted with what he had just done in beating Allen. I was just chatting to Sarah and Paul Mount at the time.

Ding - not only is his game a worry, I'd say he does not look well personally. Something is affecting him outside of just potting balls. The funny thing is though he could just switch like that and be the world beater again in time for the UK.

Allen - he seemed to be distracted by the environment of the pods, where you can see and hear other matches around you. Total focus is needed and I think he struggled with this. Another thing that was going thru my mind when watching him is the fact that he has been thru the qualifiers set up where you play in cubicles with matches ajoining (with a partition) and then he has sampled the high-life being at the crucible in a one table set up. Perhaps he thought that breaking into the 16 he was past all of this. He missed some balls that you would back him making and clearly is out of sorts. Again, like Ding, he needs a big UK.

As mentioned I met Sarah and Paul Mount who were absolutely lovely people. Sarah introduced me to Paul as StalinESQ. <laugh>

I met Zhanger, OBP and Selby. Oh and Igor was getting changed in the mens toilets when I was taking a slash. <laugh>

some photos........

StalinESQ meets Zhanger (he was watching OBP).
StalinESQ meets Selby.
...............last but by no means least, StalinESQ meets OBP (especially for Sonny and GJ) <laugh>

:wave:

Good report and pics Stalin

But answer me this...How come when the PTC first started you was slagging it off and said you have "no interest in this marmite" but you have gone there to watch matches?

Postby Wildey

Answer to that is simple and in fact you answered your own Question.

When the PTC Started there was no hope of Seeing any play at all then it came to Gloucester and Bingo there was Access for Stallin and he Jumped on it..

Postby Smart

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:Answer to that is simple and in fact you answered your own Question.

When the PTC Started there was no hope of Seeing any play at all then it came to Gloucester and Bingo there was Access for Stallin and he Jumped on it..

wild :idea: <ok> :idea: <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:Answer to that is simple and in fact you answered your own Question.

wild :idea: <ok> :idea: <ok>

so because streaming become available you changed your mind?

Postby Smart

Simple answer is if you want people to take an interest (properly) then there has to be something in it for them. Access. The MIUS was the closest event (ever) to me in terms of travelling. It was run brilliantly at a fantastic venue with fantastic people there. I can't praise it enough. :D <cool> :ahh:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Simple answer is if you want people to take an interest (properly) then there has to be something in it for them. Access. The MIUS was the closest event (ever) to me in terms of travelling. It was run brilliantly at a fantastic venue with fantastic people there. I can't praise it enough. :D <cool> :ahh:

have you got any pics of in and outside the venue?

Postby randam05

Look, you cant say Higgins isnt playing well guys..

Hes won 11 out of 11 matches so far since his return..you dont win that many without playing well..deserves it.

Postby Smart

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Simple answer is if you want people to take an interest (properly) then there has to be something in it for them. Access. The MIUS was the closest event (ever) to me in terms of travelling. It was run brilliantly at a fantastic venue with fantastic people there. I can't praise it enough. :D <cool> :ahh:

NO - check their wesbite where there is a virtual tour option :| :idea: :| :idea:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:

NO - check their wesbite where there is a virtual tour option :| :idea: :| :idea:

ok then