Topic locked

Re: Higgins comeback - what do you expect ?

Postby randam05

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
randam05 wrote:I didnt expect this.

only higgins is capable...and to say tubber doesn't think higgins isn't better than ronnie....i think there is a new great tonight

<ok> Higgins is quality, can never write him off.

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:
randam05 wrote:I didnt expect this.

only higgins is capable...and to say tubber doesn't think higgins isn't better than ronnie....i think there is a new great tonight

<ok> Higgins is quality, can never write him off.

<ok> :D

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I think he'll hit the ground running myself. He won't lose to a mug put it that way - and you can quote me on that.

:ahh:

Postby Wildey

personally i dont think he played amazing snooker and monique at the venue backs that up but John is a fighter he has a will to win at all cost mentality.

this event was personal for him there was nobody in hamm more determined to win this week than john for himself and his father.

from the pictures monique been posting you can just see on his face just how determined he was to win.

Postby Bourne

Oh come on considering he said at the World Open that he hadn't even picked up a cue since Sheffield, to get himself back into the groove in his FIRST tournament back against some world-class opponents is nothing short of fantastic.

Postby randam05

He is just AMAZING..ive never particularly been a fan of him..but to do this is stupidly world class..dont forget his father too. And to say he didnt play good snooker is rubbish..im pretty sure he got more centuries and 50 plus breaks in the tournament than any other player? He played super by the sounds of it.. a 132 break in first frame of the final!! incredible.

Postby Monique

Yes he really wanted to win and to regain his pride.
It's not about being a genius, or being world class this or that. He knows he has been terribly wrong and he wanted to make up for it. For himself, his family and the sport I'm sure he loves. Ronnie did the same when he won the Masters in 2007 a months after walking out of the UK or winning the WC in 2008 weeks after that infamous interview in China.
Both of them are real men: they are not perfect, they make mistakes but they have the honesty to admit to it when they are wrong, a pride and a will to make up for their faults.
He played well, and better and better as the tournament went on. And Denise was on his side and she was great support. I think the pictures show it, how happy they were, both of them, because this was her victory as much as his.

Postby randam05

Monique wrote:Yes he really wanted to win and to regain his pride.
It's not about being a genius, or being world class this or that. He knows he has been terribly wrong and he wanted to make up for it. For himself, his family and the sport I'm sure he loves. Ronnie did the same when he won the Masters in 2007 a months after walking out of the UK or winning the WC in 2008 weeks after that infamous interview in China.
Both of them are real men: they are not perfect, they make mistakes but they have the honesty to admit to it when they are wrong, a pride and a will to make up for their faults.
He played well, and better and better as the tournament went on. And Denise was on his side and she was great support. I think the pictures show it, how happy they were, both of them, because this was her victory as much as his.

<ok> Well said.

And aww..theyre such a happy family. Good to hear she was there supporting.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Oh come on considering he said at the World Open that he hadn't even picked up a cue since Sheffield, to get himself back into the groove in his FIRST tournament back against some world-class opponents is nothing short of fantastic.

he just wanted it more than the others it was like a world championship to him he fought for every pot every frame everything, that came through live scoring even, the desire, the fight. he has been practising day and night since the Dust started to settle to get in the grove or close to the grove.

at the time of the NOTW Story he was the best player WN1 and World Champion so he had that to fall back on knowing on the table he was the best.

i do think it was a great achievement no doubt about that.

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:
Sonny wrote:I think he'll hit the ground running myself. He won't lose to a mug put it that way - and you can quote me on that.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Bourne wrote:

bourne

his head is big enough :redneck: