Topic locked

Re: The Russelsheim Cup (EPTC 3)

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:I thought the threat of Ding dropping out of the top-16 was the best thing that ever happened for him a couple of years ago, but you don't really get that feeling with Hendry like he'd be truly up for the daily grind :chin:

He needs to Drop out

Ding didnt have the Longjevity Record of being in the Top 16 Hendry has .......

Best thing that happened to Davis was fall out of the top 16 he then re valued it and got back in playing differently and more Relax.

yeh i was having this same discussion with a colleague at work today and also that the 17-32 bracket in the rankings is where he belongs at the moment.

Ronnie, Williams, Higgins, Robbo, Ding, Selby, Murphy, Carter, Maguire are in effect the BIG NINE at the moment, they are a level above the rest.

Then after this you have Fu, Dott, Cope, Gould, Ebdon, Allen, Trump, Walden, Wenbo, Hawkins, Day who i rate as the next 11 making up a top 20.

After this id class Hendry alongside Stevens, Lee, M.Davis, Bingham, Perry, Doherty etc in the true pecking order.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Martin Gould won 4-1
Kyren Wilson won 4-3
Jak Jones won 4-3

thanx mon Missed thoes Scores :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I wouldn't disagree with your top 20

Day i would put him below Everyone in the top 64 at the moment

Postby Wildey

Friday 22 October

3.00pm BST

Barry Pinches 1-4 Ricky Walden
Kuldash Johal 2-4 Andrew Pagett
Barry Hawkins 4-3 Bjorn Hanever

Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon 4-1 Jamie Walker
Martin Gould 4-1 Liu Song
Jamie Jones 4-0 Ralf Enax
Jamie Cope 4-0 Ben Woolaston

Mathew Selt 3-4 Jak Jones
Nigel Bond 2-4 Robart Milkins
Xioa Guodong 3-4 Kyren Wilson

Postby NedB-H

I'd rate Hendry as better than Gould, Day, Trump, probably Hawkins and Walden too. And Bingham doesn't belong in that company. Agree with the general gist though.

Postby NedB-H

My version:

Top 9 the same

Next 11: Fu, King, Hendry, Dott, Ebdon, Cope, Allen, Wenbo, Hawkins, Gould, M Davis

Then Day, Trump, Stevens, Lee, Perry, Doherty, Higginson, maybe Burnett

Then you have the guys who are good when on form, or are cubicle demons: Greene, S Davis, Hamilton, Swail, Haneveer, McLeod, Bingham, Campbell, Dale etc

Postby Bourne

Day is early 20s for me. Everyone goes through bad form at some stage in their career, he'll be back.

Postby Witz78

NedB-H wrote:I'd rate Hendry as better than Gould, Day, Trump, probably Hawkins and Walden too. And Bingham doesn't belong in that company. Agree with the general gist though.

I know who the bookies favourite would be if Hendry was to face Gould, Trump or Walden right now <ok>

and Day and Hawkins would fancy thier chances too <ok> Hawkins beat him today after all.

Postby NedB-H

Witz78 wrote:
NedB-H wrote:I'd rate Hendry as better than Gould, Day, Trump, probably Hawkins and Walden too. And Bingham doesn't belong in that company. Agree with the general gist though.

I know who the bookies favourite would be if Hendry was to face Gould, Trump or Walden right now <ok>

and Day and Hawkins would fancy thier chances too <ok> Hawkins beat him today after all.

In these cubicle short match things I agree, Hendry seems to not like them. I'd have him as favourite against any of those in a best of 9 or longer though. Provided there was a crowd.

Postby Witz78

NedB-H wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

In these cubicle short match things I agree, Hendry seems to not like them. I'd have him as favourite against any of those in a best of 9 or longer though. Provided there was a crowd.

On thats basis then the minute he falls out of the top 16 he is doomed as hell have to play qualifying games in the cubicles rofl

Postby NedB-H

Witz78 wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

On thats basis then the minute he falls out of the top 16 he is doomed as hell have to play qualifying games in the cubicles rofl

yep :)

Postby NedB-H

Witz78 wrote:damn, King wins again, more bleeding ranking points for this imposter, will the top 16 ever be rid of this guy ?

MAK :ahh:

Another win for TT too :D

Postby Witz78

NedB-H wrote:
Witz78 wrote:damn, King wins again, more bleeding ranking points for this imposter, will the top 16 ever be rid of this guy ?

MAK :ahh:

Another win for TT too :D

how can you like King? only saving grace if he stays in the top 16 is he will def be at the Crucible and i can heckle him again and see if he bites again :john: <doh> rofl

Postby Bourne

It's hardly King's fault that he keeps on winning :redneck: People did say that this rolling system was meant to get rid of the likes of King but if anything it's made him knuckle down to prove people wrong :chin:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:147??

cmon Trump !!

missed the 10th black <doh>

Nah he was snookering Morris :afro:

Postby Wildey

Friday 22 October

4.30pm BST

Ken Doherty 4-2 Zhang Anda
Mark Joyce 1-4 Marcus Campbell
Adrian Gunnell 3-4 Stuart Bingham
Mark King 4-2 Ian McCulloch
Anthony Hamilton 3-4 James Wattana
Judd Trump 4-1 David Morris

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:oh he lost or didnt turn up?

do you even have to ask

<laugh> rofl

Postby randam05

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
randam05 wrote:oh he lost or didnt turn up?

do you even have to ask

<laugh> rofl

rofl sorry for taking your time to read it everyone

Postby Mal

As quiet as its been after a max! Was that the 3rd 147 in PTCs?

Ken Do had a chance of going 2-0 up, but Cope back in. ken could do with a run here.

Postby Mal

Wikipedia quick to update - already on there, but no report on the WS website. Shame no streaming to see how fluent it was or any difficult shots.