Topic locked

Re: The Russelsheim Cup (EPTC 3)

Postby NedB-H

Sonny wrote:
Bourne wrote:She seems to be progressing nicely, hopefully the next step will be to make TV stages at a main-tour event, I don't see why she can't achieve that this season.

Am I right in thinking she hasn't won a single match until this EPTC3 plate thing though? Hence talk of making the televised stages is waaaaay off right now if that is the case. Main thing is to get that first win under her belt.

yup... she hasn't actually won a ranking match yet. In fact I think she's only won about 6 or 7 ranking frames.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Bourne wrote:She seems to be progressing nicely, hopefully the next step will be to make TV stages at a main-tour event, I don't see why she can't achieve that this season.

Am I right in thinking she hasn't won a single match until this EPTC3 plate thing though? Hence talk of making the televised stages is waaaaay off right now if that is the case. Main thing is to get that first win under her belt.

i think shes not far off getting a win her matches or frames are Tight Run Things.

Personally i just think shes carry the whole weight of womens expectations on her shoulders instead of playing the game as a player .

i dont think it helps with fans making a big deal that shes a woman when she got the Wild Card.

Postby Bourne

Exactly in this format everything is so tight and we've seen before any player can go on a run of form, no matter how strange it may have seemed before the tournament ... most importantly, she's gaining more experience in this environment and that's priceless.

Postby markj147

Spot on Wild and Bourne. I just hope she is enjoying herself this season and that she doesnt feel under pressure from other quarters. If she manages that then everything else if a bonus and the experience will be invaluable.

Postby Wildey

markj147 wrote:Spot on Wild and Bourne. I just hope she is enjoying herself this season and that she doesnt feel under pressure from other quarters. If she manages that then everything else if a bonus and the experience will be invaluable.

by my understanding there wont be any wild cards next season so she has 2 ways of staying on tour have a successful end of season or be 1 of the 12 Q School qualifiers.

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:i dont think it helps with fans making a big deal that shes a woman when she got the Wild Card.

But of course they were gonna make a big deal of it, she wouldn't have got the wildcard if she wasn't a woman :evilgrin1:

with hindsight maybe it would've been better if she'd tried to come through the Pontins qualification... there wouldn't be as much fuss surrounding her and she'd have more experience at the right level. At the moment it just looks like she's struggling to get into winning positions, even when she wins the odd frame she's still losing the match by quite a few.