Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 6!!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Event 6 Starts Tomorrow Lets hope things goes professionally this week ....(i see no cross fingers smiley) <ok>

Thursday 14 October

12pm

Robbie Williams 3-4 Sam Baird
Matthew Day w/o Salim Ali
Martin O’Donnell 3-4 Craig Steadman

Stephen Groves 0-4 Ian Glover
Andrew Milliard 2-4 Andrew Norman

James McGouran 4-0 Jamie Clarke
Mitchell Mann 4-1 Hans Blankaert
Rogelio Esterio 0-4 Michael Wild

Not before 2.00pm

Luca Brecel 2-4 Chen Zhe
Allan Taylor W/O Eissa Alsayed
Marc Harman 0-4 Lasse Munstermann
Ben Harrison 4-2 Jamie Hill
Rock Hui 0-4 Oliver Brown

Charlie Walters 4-0 Steve Judd
Leo Fernandez W/O Mohammed Joker

Dale Smith v Damian Wilkes

Not before 4.00pm

Sharukh Nasir 1-4 Micael Wasley
Mike Hallett v Lucky Vatnani
Chris Norbury W/O Mohammed Shehab
Marvin Lim 0-4 Stuart Carrington
Stephen Ormerod 4-3 Ian Stark

Danny Douane scr John Whitty W/O
Farakh Ajaib 4-0 Tony Knowles
Jamie Walker v Jeff Cundy

Not before 6.00pm

Shaun Parkes v Ian Burns
David Singh v Ryan Duffy
Joel Walker scr Andy Lee W/O
James Leadbetter v Robert Valiant
Tommy Ang v Ahmed Aseeri
Tian Pengfei v Aditya Mehta
Daniel Skingle v Kishan Hirani
David Grace v Gary Thomson

2 of the old 80s guard playing tomorrow Tony Knowles and i do believe for the First Time Eurosport and Sky Sports Commentator Mike Hallett having a go

Postby Wildey

the shock of drawing Ronnie in power snooker has hit Luca for Six.

after a good PTC5 hes lost in Qualifier this week 4-2 to Chen Zhe

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Who does Rod play first up............................... :redneck:

The World Everything Champion <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Breaking News

Ronnie O'Sullivan has pulled out meaning he is not eligable now for the Finals in March.

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Breaking News

Ronnie O'Sullivan has pulled out meaning he is not eligable now for the Finals in March.

sauce :chin:

Why does he even enter these if hes no intention of playing them? Does he ever give a reason for not playing?

Wonder if the rules will be changed now then, cant see Hearn being too happy with Ding and Ronnie missing, as well as many other big names at risk of missing out on the top 24. The live finals weekend could be a slight damp squib and unattractive to potential broadcasters and fans :huh2:

So much for Ronnie being the flag bearer for snooker under Hearn. I make that 7 out of 10 ranking events so far this season that Ronnie hasnt bothered entering. Of the 3 he has entered hes made the final in 2 of them. Says it all really about what a waste of talent he is :huh:

Postby Smart

Its certainly dissapointing but he is very much his own person, and I would say that the reason behind not playing must be significant for him to miss this match and therefore eliminate himself from the finals weekend thingy. More importantly will he play in Gloucester......................... :chin: :hmm: :chin: :hmm:

Postby Roland

Who knows what is going on with him at the moment. He always seems up for the Premier League and he played some dazzling stuff in the World Open, particularly against Maguire. I guess when you've risen to the summit it's hard to get up for some behind closed doors PTC events like Hendry and Ronnie seem to be suffering from but in a way they do have a duty to help the game they've had so much success in through the difficult times. It's obvious the idea of the PTC is for it to start off small and grow into something bigger if the demand is there but so far World Snooker aren't doing the best job of promoting it. A lot of snooker fans who don't follow progress on the internet are still unaware it exists.

Postby Wildey

the rules cant change on this there has to be a criteria in place if players dont compete thats their choice. the sport goes on.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Who knows what is going on with him at the moment. He always seems up for the Premier League and he played some dazzling stuff in the World Open, particularly against Maguire. I guess when you've risen to the summit it's hard to get up for some behind closed doors PTC events like Hendry and Ronnie seem to be suffering from but in a way they do have a duty to help the game they've had so much success in through the difficult times. It's obvious the idea of the PTC is for it to start off small and grow into something bigger if the demand is there but so far World Snooker aren't doing the best job of promoting it. A lot of snooker fans who don't follow progress on the internet are still unaware it exists.

what is PTC <laugh>

Postby randam05

But all he needs to do is play a couple more with some half decent runs and he will be in the finals weekend where he will be playing against good players for good money..hammer

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:the rules cant change on this there has to be a criteria in place if players dont compete thats their choice. the sport goes on.

i agree, the rules are the rules but it wouldnt surprise me to see the goalposts moved.

Its a bit of a kick in the teeth to Hearn this and the PTC itself. Maybe Ronnie is feeling the same as Hendry, Allen and others do towards the PTC and sees this as symbolic gesture to express his dissapointment at the level these events are at the moment. They have to start somewhere though, and especially the European events which if he bothered attending would be a very important boost to the games future.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Who knows what is going on with him at the moment. He always seems up for the Premier League and he played some dazzling stuff in the World Open, particularly against Maguire. I guess when you've risen to the summit it's hard to get up for some behind closed doors PTC events like Hendry and Ronnie seem to be suffering from but in a way they do have a duty to help the game they've had so much success in through the difficult times. It's obvious the idea of the PTC is for it to start off small and grow into something bigger if the demand is there but so far World Snooker aren't doing the best job of promoting it. A lot of snooker fans who don't follow progress on the internet are still unaware it exists.

yes next season there has to be a change in the dynamic of these events to let in the public....

Dave said on his blog there are streaming cams and lighting being installed at the Academy on 2 out of 8 tables but even then there has to be a case of taking some to Gloucester or other venues.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:the rules cant change on this there has to be a criteria in place if players dont compete thats their choice. the sport goes on.

i agree, the rules are the rules but it wouldnt surprise me to see the goalposts moved.

Its a bit of a kick in the teeth to Hearn this and the PTC itself. Maybe Ronnie is feeling the same as Hendry, Allen and others do towards the PTC and sees this as symbolic gesture to express his dissapointment at the level these events are at the moment. They have to start somewhere though, and especially the European events which if he bothered attending would be a very important boost to the games future.

these events was never going to appeal to the major players but the noises Ronnie was making at the start of season he was up for them unlike stephen hendry.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:But all he needs to do is play a couple more with some half decent runs and he will be in the finals weekend where he will be playing against good players for good money..hammer

no he had to play in 3 and hes only played in 2....

all he had to do was turn up lose 4-0 and he was still eligible.