Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 6!!!!!!!!!

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I can't believe it. You guys all laughing should think about it. No one deserves to lose a potential first major victory like that. This could knock him for six. No disrespect to Dale but I feel way more gutted for Gould than happy for Dominic. What a way to lose.

i prefer Dale to Gould, end of the story so im not bothered about celebrating.

Sure if Gould had came back from a snooker down then yous wouldnt all have been feeling sorry for Dale <ok>

True, because Dale has won titles before.

Anyway, Dale had a job to do too, and he'll take this win. Fair play to him <ok>

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I can't believe it. You guys all laughing should think about it. No one deserves to lose a potential first major victory like that. This could knock him for six. No disrespect to Dale but I feel way more gutted for Gould than happy for Dominic. What a way to lose.

i prefer Dale to Gould, end of the story so im not bothered about celebrating.

Sure if Gould had came back from a snooker down then yous wouldnt all have been feeling sorry for Dale <ok>

witz is correct.

Postby Witz78

NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:
randam05 wrote:This is why I love the spaceman, for some reason I support him an awful lot and he never dissapoints! hes amazing, i back him in any match.

By the way I do like gould and if it was any other player in the final I would have wanted gould to win. But the fact gould has many years ahead of him to win is another reason why I wanted the underdog playing slipping down the rankings to win.

Gould was the underdog in that match

bullocks, higher in the rankings, higher in the provisionals, much better recent form... he was the favourite no question

and fave with the bookies too. Gould was 1/2, Dale 6/4

Postby NedB-H

randam05 wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:
randam05 wrote:This is why I love the spaceman, for some reason I support him an awful lot and he never dissapoints! hes amazing, i back him in any match.

By the way I do like gould and if it was any other player in the final I would have wanted gould to win. But the fact gould has many years ahead of him to win is another reason why I wanted the underdog playing slipping down the rankings to win.

tezzies, higher in the rankings, higher in the provisionals, much better recent form... he was the favourite no question

thankyou ned :)

think the Gould fans are upset... not as much as he will be, but he'll look back in a few days and realise it was just a one frame shootout, he didn't put it out of reach, and losing frames from snookers required is fairly common. Happens much more than losing from 11-5 up on the biggest stage, and he got over that no problem, he'll be fine.

Postby NedB-H

randam05 wrote:Look forward to reading match summary and interviews on worldsnooker if theyre up tonight.

<ok>

will be interested to know how it happened... could be that Gould tried to leave Dale in trouble after getting the lead, Dale fluked a snooker and Gould never got a look in again... or could be that Gould missed a sitter cos he stopped concentrating too soon, then made an bottom of a load of easy escapes.

Postby Tubberlad

NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:This will be way more painful than losing to Robbo from 11-5

No it won't

Yes it will hurt more, much more.

Gould was punching above his weight in that match as it was. He had a glorious chance to win a title there, and it's gone from him.

Postby NedB-H

Bourne wrote:In play betting on that would have been CARNAGE, thankfully i don't think any firms go inplay on PTC

just as well, imagine betting when you don't know how many's left on the table and scoring could give up at any point :redneck:

Postby Tubberlad

NedB-H wrote:
randam05 wrote:Look forward to reading match summary and interviews on worldsnooker if theyre up tonight.

<ok>

will be interested to know how it happened... could be that Gould tried to leave Dale in trouble after getting the lead, Dale fluked a snooker and Gould never got a look in again... or could be that Gould missed a sitter cos he stopped concentrating too soon, then made an bottom of a load of easy escapes.

I really hope it wasn't a fluke. Snooker has a serious problem with flukes, it's a cancer :sad:

Postby Bourne

NedB-H wrote:
Bourne wrote:In play betting on that would have been CARNAGE, thankfully i don't think any firms go inplay on PTC

just as well, imagine betting when you don't know how many's left on the table and scoring could give up at any point :redneck:

That's what it's been like for the last god knows how many years when they do inplay on ranking event matches not on TV !!!

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

<ok>

will be interested to know how it happened... could be that Gould tried to leave Dale in trouble after getting the lead, Dale fluked a snooker and Gould never got a look in again... or could be that Gould missed a sitter cos he stopped concentrating too soon, then made an bum of a load of easy escapes.

I really hope it wasn't a fluke. Snooker has a serious problem with flukes, it's a cancer :sad:

dot let seifer see you say that <laugh>

Postby randam05

NedB-H wrote:

<ok>

will be interested to know how it happened... could be that Gould tried to leave Dale in trouble after getting the lead, Dale fluked a snooker and Gould never got a look in again... or could be that Gould missed a sitter cos he stopped concentrating too soon, then made an bum of a load of easy escapes.

Yh, gonna be intriguing to read. Love to hear dales take on it all, and see how much it means to him, see how dissapointed gould was. Maybe flukes? I hope not, I hope dale played well to get snookers and a good clearance.

Postby NedB-H

thetubberlad wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

No it won't

Gould was punching above his weight in that match as it was. He had a glorious chance to win a title there, and it's gone from him.

Not a chance. Playing an obscure non-televised tournament against a guy of a similar ranking, and he loses a decider on snookers... it'll hurt, but he'll get over it. Losing in the biggest tournament of all, in front of a Crucible crowd and millions watching on TV, from a much stronger position than he was in today... and then the guy you should have beat goes on to win the whole thing. That's much much worse. Think you're overrating the importance they give these things, he'll be snake hissed off but he won't be thinking "there goes my only ever chance to win a ranking event".

Postby Roland

NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:

bullocks, higher in the rankings, higher in the provisionals, much better recent form... he was the favourite no question

Dominic Dale has won 2 ranking events and been a professional for longer and has more experience. Of course he was the favourite and Gould the underdog in his first final.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:

tezzies, higher in the rankings, higher in the provisionals, much better recent form... he was the favourite no question

Dominic Dale has won 2 ranking events and been a professional for longer and has more experience. Of course he was the favourite and Gould the underdog in his first final.

PTC final is nothing like a maintour ranking event final

IMO

Postby NedB-H

Bourne wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

That's what it's been like for the last god knows how many years when they do inplay on ranking event matches not on TV !!!

oh yeah <laugh>

Postby NedB-H

Sonny wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:

See above, the bookies disagree...

Tony Knowles and Mike Hallett were in this event, they have experience and ranking victories, would they have been favourites over Gould? Would Dale have been favourite over Allen?

Postby Roland

Crossing the winning line to get a title and then losing it AFTER losing to Robbo at the Crucible is way more likely to do damage. I'm sorry Ned B-H but you don't know what you're talking about. You may not rate the PTC but for Gould it was a major final. Let's wait and see what the man himself has to say. He seems happy go lucky as if he could pick himself up from it but this will hurt him.

Postby Tubberlad

NedB-H wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

No it won't

Not a chance. Playing an obscure non-televised tournament against a guy of a similar ranking, and he loses a decider on snookers... it'll hurt, but he'll get over it. Losing in the biggest tournament of all, in front of a Crucible crowd and millions watching on TV, from a much stronger position than he was in today... and then the guy you should have beat goes on to win the whole thing. That's much much worse. Think you're overrating the importance they give these things, he'll be snake hissed off but he won't be thinking "there goes my only ever chance to win a ranking event".

I think that's EXACTLY what he'll be thinking actually

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:

I think your trying to kid yourself on here Sonny by claiming this, as a way to downplay Gould losing the match. Of course he was favourite to beat Dale.

Postby randam05

See above, the bookies disagree...

Tony Knowles and Mike Hallett were in this event, they have experience and ranking victories, would they have been favourites over Gould? Would Dale have been favourite over Allen?

:bowdown:

Postby Roland

He was favourite based on current form and provisional ranking yes, but against someone who has been there and done that in bigger events and who had beaten Selby and Wenbo TODAY both of whom seem to be playing well. I wanted Gould to win yes but if I was putting money on it I would have put it on Dale. And I'm not being wise after the event here.

Postby Tubberlad

I think Gould was favourite actually as he was comfortably the form player, and let's face it, Dale is not one of the stronger rankign event winners. I think Gould is a much better player.

Anyway, well done Dale, gotta repeat that because he can't be knocked for doing what he has to do, even if we weren't shouting for him.

Postby NedB-H

thetubberlad wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Yes it will hurt more, much more.

I think that's EXACTLY what he'll be thinking actually

Maybe tonight. If he's still thinking it in a week he doesn't deserve to ever win one. Of course what he says and thinks tonight is gonna be more emotional, he's still in the heat of the moment, he'll probably think it's the worst thing that's ever happened to him tonight. It's how he feels once he comes to terms with it that matters.

Postby randam05

I think your trying to kid yourself on here Sonny by claiming this, as a way to downplay Gould losing the match. Of course he was favourite to beat Dale.

:bowdown:

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:He was favourite based on current form and provisional ranking yes, but against someone who has been there and done that in bigger events and who had beaten Selby and Wenbo TODAY both of whom seem to be playing well. I wanted Gould to win yes but if I was putting money on it I would have put it on Dale. And I'm not being wise after the event here.

You wouldn't have said that if he'd won 4-0 <laugh>

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

No it won't

Punching above his weight or not (fact is he played awesome for the first 2 sessions) he was 11-5 up and in pol position to win only needing 2 of the last 9 frames to win the match so thats gotta hurt far more than this loss. Also with a favourable quarters draw and it being the BIG tournament, theres no way that hurt less than this.

But he got over that big loss so he can get over this one too. <ok>