Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 6!!!!!!!!!

Postby NedB-H

randam05 wrote:
I think your trying to kid yourself on here Sonny by claiming this, as a way to downplay Gould losing the match. Of course he was favourite to beat Dale.

:bowdown:

Are you gonna worship everyone on this thread? :selby:

Postby randam05

thetubberlad wrote:I think Gould was favourite actually as he was comfortably the form player, and let's face it, Dale is not one of the stronger rankign event winners. I think Gould is a much better player.

Anyway, well done Dale, gotta repeat that because he can't be knocked for doing what he has to do, even if we weren't shouting for him.

Me witz and ned were cheering dale on :)

Postby NedB-H

Witz78 wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
NedB-H wrote:
Sonny wrote:This will be way more painful than losing to Robbo from 11-5

No it won't

Yes it will hurt more, much more.

Gould was punching above his weight in that match as it was. He had a glorious chance to win a title there, and it's gone from him.

Punching above his weight or not (fact is he played awesome for the first 2 sessions) he was 11-5 up and in pol position to win only needing 2 of the last 9 frames to win the match so thats gotta hurt far more than this loss. Also with a favourable quarters draw and it being the BIG tournament, theres no way that hurt less than this.

But he got over that big loss so he can get over this one too. <ok>

<ok>

Gould is a good player with a good temperament, he'll be back winning in no time... seems like his fans have a lower opinion of him than the rest of us :huh2:

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC12_news%28Black_Ball_Triumph_For_Dale_At_PTC%29-2727.htm?tid=194

Lovely picture of him winnings. Hes very photogenic.

:limp:

Postby NedB-H

randam05 wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC12_news%28Black_Ball_Triumph_For_Dale_At_PTC%29-2727.htm?tid=194

The other bloke looks like a bald Martin Gould :chin:

Postby Monique

I'm sure Martin will win and soon. This after all was his first pro final.
But what a steal from Dom! Those who were asking if he's a choker, you have your answer!

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:

cant believe Mike Ganleys only 5 years older than me :scared:

Postby randam05

NedB-H wrote:

<laugh>

Postby Witz78

NedB-H wrote:

thats the son of Leonard Ganley :bowdown:

Postby NedB-H

Witz78 wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

thats the son of Leonard Ganley :bowdown:

Before his balls got crushed :redneck:

Postby Wildey

ive always liked Dominic and what a turnaround on Tuesday he was compare in the Whirlwind/Tornado Match Tonight he Whipped everyone's bottom as a Player.

Postby randam05

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive always liked Dominic and what a turnaround on Tuesday he was compare in the Whirlwind/Tornado Match Tonight he Whipped everyone's bum as a Player.

:bowdown:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive always liked Dominic and what a turnaround on Tuesday he was compare in the Whirlwind/Tornado Match Tonight he Whipped everyone's bottom as a Player.

yeh last week he was in a tophat

now hes the top cat !!!

Postby randam05

Good interview from him there

"It means a lot to me, to win another trophy after a couple of bad seasons. And I've done it playing fantastic snooker - I beat Neil Robertson 4-1 earlier in the tournament with two centuries and two eighties, which was one of the best matches I've ever played."

Wow wish I could have seen that dale, sounds great, hes obviously still playing top class snooker. Good to hear. Would like to him do well in bigger tournaments. A qualify for the Uk would be good.

Hopefully this win is the catalyst for me getting back up the rankings."

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Good interview from him there

"It means a lot to me, to win another trophy after a couple of bad seasons. And I've done it playing fantastic snooker - I beat Neil Robertson 4-1 earlier in the tournament with two centuries and two eighties, which was one of the best matches I've ever played."

Wow wish I could have seen that dale, sounds great, hes obviously still playing top class snooker. Good to hear. Would like to him do well in bigger tournaments. A qualify for the Uk would be good.

Hopefully this win is the catalyst for me getting back up the rankings."

and he was 54 down with only 43 on the table. Should never win a frame from that position. Slackness from Gould it has to be said.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:We'll never know witz ...

yeh we will............. <cool>

"Gould looked to be cruising to victory until he missed a tricky penultimate red along a side cusion, leading 70-16. The turning point came when he failed to make thin contact on the last red, hitting the black and leaving a free ball. Dale laid another snooker and eventually cleared with 35 for victory 78-70."

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:

You're old <ok>

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:

You're old <ok>

nah Ganleys just old before his time. <ok>

Postby NedB-H

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:We'll never know witz ...

yeh we will............. <cool>

"Gould looked to be cruising to victory until he missed a tricky penultimate red along a side cusion, leading 70-16. The turning point came when he failed to make thin contact on the last red, hitting the black and leaving a free ball. Dale laid another snooker and eventually cleared with 35 for victory 78-70."

oops <doh>

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:He was favourite based on current form and provisional ranking yes, but against someone who has been there and done that in bigger events and who had beaten Selby and Wenbo TODAY both of whom seem to be playing well. I wanted Gould to win yes but if I was putting money on it I would have put it on Dale. And I'm not being wise after the event here.

I'm never betting but I've seen how Dom can play when on form, which he obviously was this week-end, (cf the 2007 Shanghai Masters) and I expected it to be very, very close. So I agree with Sonny here.
TBH I wanted both to win... :chin:

Postby Eirebilly

Missed it all as i was working :sad: . I was certainly hoping that Gould would win as i think that he is one of the form players this season but you cant begrudge old Dom the win. I really like Dale but he is a frustrating player to support, all the talent but lacks the consistency needed.
Well done to him though :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive always liked Dominic and what a turnaround on Tuesday he was compare in the Whirlwind/Tornado Match Tonight he Whipped everyone's bottom as a Player.

I like both players, to be honest. I remember watching Dominc Dale vs Liang Wenbo at the Welsh Open one year on the smaller table when Mark Williams was on the main table. There was only me and about 12 Chinese people watching.

It seems unlikely, but I wouldn't object whatsoever to seeing Dale vs Gould in a ranking event final.