Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 6!!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

For me Dominic Dale is the Biggest underachiever in Snooker Mathew Stevens or Even Jimmy White doesent even come close to how much Dominic has underachieved in the Game.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:For me Dominic Dale is the Biggest underachiever in Snooker Mathew Stevens or Even Jimmy White doesent even come close to how much Dominic has underachieved in the Game.

On the flipside perhaps the case could be argued for him being snookers greatest OVERachiever :chin:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:For me Dominic Dale is the Biggest underachiever in Snooker Mathew Stevens or Even Jimmy White doesent even come close to how much Dominic has underachieved in the Game.

On the flipside perhaps the case could be argued for him being snookers greatest OVERachiever :chin:

if his Tournament wins was a fluke that case in point but the standard of snooker he produced to win the GP and Shanghai 10 years apart and the players he beat you got to wander where the hell was he in between.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:Its a bit harsh to call Dale an over or under achiever really. He is a very good player and should be admired for what he has achieved.

but he has not achieved nothing his talent should have brought him call it not driven not ambitious whatever it was he had talent in bucket loads and players far less talented has had a better consistent career.

the season he won the shanghai masters he went from rank 31 to 32 he actually went down lol

Postby randam05

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Its a bit harsh to call Dale an over or under achiever really. He is a very good player and should be admired for what he has achieved.

but he has not achieved nothing his talent should have brought him call it not driven not ambitious whatever it was he had talent in bucket loads and players far less talented has had a better consistent career.

the season he won the shanghai masters he went from rank 31 to 32 he actually went down lol

Like I said, when he won the shanghai masters, he was playing top 8/ WC snooker, it was really top drawer. It is amazing how he hasnt done anything between that and GP and from shnghai onwards. It is strange how you can be that successfull, then that poor. We see it a lot with players, but not quite the extreme that dale has.

Think aboiut him! he must be gutted knowing he could be a quality top 16 player if he had consistency.

Postby Eirebilly

Like i have said Wild, Dale has bucket loads of talent but talent alone doesnt always transfer into titels. He lacks the consistency and possible mental strength to be more consistant. Plenty of players are great on their day but its consistency, desire and mental strength that sets the very good players aside of the good players. Its for that reason i think its harsh to call him an under or over achiever.

Postby Monique

I don't think Dominic lacks mental strength. But maybe he lacks "focus". He's a guy who is interested in a zillion things outside snooker and who loves life in all its aspects.

Postby NedB-H

Monique wrote:I don't think Dominic lacks mental strength. But maybe he lacks "focus". He's a guy who is interested in a zillion things outside snooker and who loves life in all its aspects.

<ok> good post.

Not everyone has the commitment of a Hendry, no matter how mentally strong they are.

Postby Eirebilly

I said "possible mental strength" Mon. I just cant put my fingure on it but as i have posted before, i feel that its a bit harsh to call him an under or over achiever. One thing is for sure, he is a great character <ok>

Postby Monique

I got that Billy and I just put my opinion on that aspect of Dom's personality, it wasn't a dig at your post. For me Dom is not an under or over achiever neither. He's someone who has made choices in life and achieved accordingly.