Topic locked

Re: EPTC Offenburg to be played in Gloucester

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:I really dont care that its not in germany, if theyre not going to stream live from there. Streaming or it being played in europe with no streaming? Im sure its been said earlier on here. OK its still a shame germany now dont have a tournament and fans will be let down.

you see that is a typical British selfish Me Me Me Reaction lol

the bigger picture should be spreading the sport yes Streaming got to be a major priority for these Events and if Gloucester can do it why cant others.

but we forgetting the Point of EPTC here and thats to take the sport nearer the people who cant get to Sheffield,Wembely,Preston,Telford etc so that the fanbase across Europe Grow making the Sport for the Wider world.

Postby randam05

I know and I didnt want to come across like that, cause I do want the sport to be worldwide, aslong as the tournaments we got dont go abroad and british snooker doesnt vanish slowly. But I have to say if SWSA will provide streaming and germany wont, then we will have it here thanks.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:I really dont care that its not in germany, if theyre not going to stream live from there. Streaming or it being played in europe with no streaming? Im sure its been said earlier on here. OK its still a shame germany now dont have a tournament and fans will be let down.

:clap: :idea: :clap: :idea:

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:I know and I didnt want to come across like that, cause I do want the sport to be worldwide, aslong as the tournaments we got dont go abroad and british snooker doesnt vanish slowly. But I have to say if SWSA will provide streaming and germany wont, then we will have it here thanks.

im not having a go but we britts has got to change our atitute towards the game it has to go global i really think this is a backward step for the sport.

but like you for me personally its fantastic.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:I know and I didnt want to come across like that, cause I do want the sport to be worldwide, aslong as the tournaments we got dont go abroad and british snooker doesnt vanish slowly. But I have to say if SWSA will provide streaming and germany wont, then we will have it here thanks.

:clap: :idea: :clap: :idea:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Germany have just got a ranking tournament this season so they are progressing ...

we got World,UK,World Open,Masters and Welsh Open aswell..

i always put my self in other peoples shoes just say they take it from Gloucester to offenberg vice versa how would people of Gloucester feel ....

i agree there was to many German PTC But i still feel sad that the sport couldn't maintain a tournament in germany.

Postby Bourne

It's a 100% increase though wild, so I doubt they'll be complaining too much ;) As you've always said, they need a bit of time to sort things out under the new regime and if that means shuffling some tournaments about then so be it, I know it's a cliche but snooker in England is better than no snooker.

Postby Wildey

as i said im as selfish as anyone with this and im over the moon personally that its going to Gloucester cant wait for tonight to see the set up.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Germany have just got a ranking tournament this season so they are progressing ...

we got World,UK,World Open,Masters and Welsh Open aswell..

i always put my self in other peoples shoes just say they take it from Gloucester to offenberg vice versa how would people of Gloucester feel ....

i agree there was to many German PTC But i still feel sad that the sport couldn't maintain a tournament in germany.

Initially the EPTCs were supposed to be better spread over Europe, in part organised by Dragonstars (German) and in part by Pat Mooney (World Series). We know what happened. So Dragonstars had to take over with a rather short schedule.

Postby randam05

Hi Sarah,

Considering coming up to the EPTC in gloucster and was wondering on prices for an all day ticket please? and I guess you can only watch the match table in the arena yes?

Also, do you know anything about streaming for it yet, will it cost? how much? and will there be multi-table coverage.

Cheers,

randam05

Postby weewelshwitch

Hi all.

We will have ticket information for the EPTC at Gloucester for you by the end of the week.
Sarah or I will post the information here and we hope to welcome lots of "Islanders" to SWSA

Also it's worth reminding everyone that World snooker have opened the entries again to this event, so if you hadn't previously entered and want to, get over to WS site and download the entry pack. Entries close this Friday so be quick!
http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC12_news( ... Entry_Pack)-2711.htm?tid=194

Postby Smart

weewelshwitch wrote:Hi all.

We will have ticket information for the EPTC at Gloucester for you by the end of the week.
Sarah or I will post the information here and we hope to welcome lots of "Islanders" to SWSA

Also it's worth reminding everyone that World snooker have opened the entries again to this event, so if you hadn't previously entered and want to, get over to WS site and download the entry pack. Entries close this Friday so be quick!
http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC12_news( ... Entry_Pack)-2711.htm?tid=194

Not being funny but I am losing my patience here. World Snooker's approach to public relations is absolutely dire. I am personally trying to organise what day to attend (as it is Halloween that weekend). I need draw info, ticket info, time for matches to start etc.....

World Snooker website still reads:

"The draw for this event will be performed on Monday 11 October, with the seeding based on the Order of Merit after the completion of PTC5. It is our aim to post the draw and format on the website the same day."

Now we have been told that the draw was to take place on 15th Oct, well if thats the case today is the 17th and we still are no wiser .............

:grrr: :idea: :grrr: :idea:

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:The deadline for entries has been extended so the draw won't be completed until the new deadline has passed which will be Friday 15th October. We are all working hard getting the exhibition ready for tomorrow night and then we will be announcing more news regarding EPTC4 at the end of this week!

Exhibit A :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

Postby Wildey

smart

the Deadline was the 15th by my calculation the Draw and Schedual of play will be Available from 5pm Tomorrow Evening. a week later than advertised and not changed on website <doh> <doh>

Told you there needs to be sackings inside World Snooker.

Postby Sarah Mount

Pods are individual booths where the matches take place. Each pod in the Academy can seat around 16-20 spectators. We will be playing with all the pods open so each spectator will be able to look down the room at the other tables from their seats. Here is a picture of one of the match tables with the pod seating behind it:

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:Pods are individual booths where the matches take place. Each pod in the Academy can seat around 16-20 spectators. We will be playing with all the pods open so each spectator will be able to look down the room at the other tables from their seats. Here is a picture of one of the match tables with the pod seating behind it:

Sarah - I am a fan of viewing several matches (where possible) at the same time. This is why I really loved the qualfiers at the EIS in Sheffield. I may be wrong here but are you saying there is no dividing partition between each of the tables and that from the seating position (in the pod you will be able to see down the other tables from your position). If this is the case then the middle pod is the best position to bag............? If this is the case can you reveal who will be on which tables and in fact which table is the middle table (i.e. Number 3 or 4)..............?

Sorry lots of questions here. <ok>

I can still see no draw on the World Snooker website. No criticism of you, but you must find it frustrating working with WSA when they cannot do the simplest of things - like communicate via a website. <ok> :wave:

Postby randam05

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:lets call spade a spade here.

what a fantastic snooker venue it is

have to agree - it looks superb <ok> <cool>

Yes, top drawer, looks amazing. Hope to see more rankers played here in future as its within good distance from me. Because of that it looks like I will be visiting sarah with my sister jade (jadechelsea on here) for probably the saturday.

When does the draw come out for this?
Last edited by randam05 on 18 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:Pods are individual booths where the matches take place. Each pod in the Academy can seat around 16-20 spectators. We will be playing with all the pods open so each spectator will be able to look down the room at the other tables from their seats. Here is a picture of one of the match tables with the pod seating behind it:

that photo is amazing - you could be sat in the front row and pass some sweets to your favourite player <laugh> :wave:

Its Friday or Saturday for me, POD <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart from my understanding its Roll on Roll off so if a table comes available the next match in line gets that Table so it is impossible to say which pod is the best however possibly with streaming they will put the best potential matches scheduled on the streaming tables.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Smart from my understanding its Roll on Roll off so if a table comes available the next match in line gets that Table so it is impossible to say which pod is the best however possibly with streaming they will put the best potential matches scheduled on the streaming tables.

............yeah understand the roll on roll off format, but are matches played with no dividing partition. When at the EIS (Badminton Hall) they were cubicles but being seated in an elevated position you could view 3 or 4 matches simultaneously. This set up at Gloucester is much more at table level, just a slight incline to accomodate 2 rows of seating. My point is I would say the middle table is best position to get maximum viewing of as many tables as possible.

Remember I am always looking for the best option.............. <ok>

StalinESQ <cool>

Postby Sarah Mount

StalinESQ wrote:
Sarah - I am a fan of viewing several matches (where possible) at the same time. This is why I really loved the qualfiers at the EIS in Sheffield. I may be wrong here but are you saying there is no dividing partition between each of the tables and that from the seating position (in the pod you will be able to see down the other tables from your position). If this is the case then the middle pod is the best position to bag............? If this is the case can you reveal who will be on which tables and in fact which table is the middle table (i.e. Number 3 or 4)..............?

Sorry lots of questions here. <ok>

I can still see no draw on the World Snooker website. No criticism of you, but you must find it frustrating working with WSA when they cannot do the simplest of things - like communicate via a website. <ok> :wave:

Feel free to ask as many questions as you have. Much better to make sure you get the best ticket/seating option now. This picture may give you a better idea of how each match room will look on the day (before spectators). You can see along the room to other tables although it is set up differently to what you will have seen in the Badminton Hall at the EIS. There will be no partitions up between tables but you do not benefit from the elevated seating you would have at the EIS. On a positive though, you are only 9 feet from the table in the pod in which you are sitting. You are also able to move between pods at any time depending on availability and of course ensuring players are not disturbed. You will not need to pick which pod you want to buy tickets for in advance. You can decide on the day. Obviously, some pods will be busier than others.

As you have pointed out, the draw is yet to be done so we are not able to confirm who will be playing on which table. As Wild has rightly said, it is a roll-on, roll-off format so we will not have too much of an idea in advance as to what matches will be played on each table barring of course the arena table and any other table that we may be able to stream.

Hope this helps! A little bit anyway :)