Topic locked

Re: EPTC Offenburg to be played in Gloucester

Postby weewelshwitch

It's half term next week, certainly in the Gloucester area because I've had a load of phone enquiries in the office today from harrassed parents wanting to bring the kids to the snooker.

So looks like Friday will be a big selling day as well.

The best thing so far for me today sitting here at base camp has that a blind gentleman rang me yesterday. He's an avid snooker fan, lives locally but has never had the chance to go to an event and experience the matches and atmosphere live.
We invited him round for a guided tour this morning and I am blown away by how blind people can find their way around and use equipment. I showed him the vending machines. He asked me the order of the numbers on the pad (maybe we should have them in braille - Sarah!!) and then put his money in, dialled up his drink no problem at all. Superb. But the highlight was when we set the balls up on the table. He's never even been able to feel the table or pockets or balls before and with a bit of guidance (or misguidance) from me he hit his first ever shot at snooker - that has just made my day.

It's all rather exciting!!!!

Postby Wildey

weewelshwitch wrote:It's half term next week, certainly in the Gloucester area because I've had a load of phone enquiries in the office today from harrassed parents wanting to bring the kids to the snooker.

did my father ring rofl

seriously thats good and its still a week off and already from your angle the best run ptc

Postby Roland

weewelshwitch wrote:It's half term next week, certainly in the Gloucester area because I've had a load of phone enquiries in the office today from harrassed parents wanting to bring the kids to the snooker.

So looks like Friday will be a big selling day as well.

The best thing so far for me today sitting here at base camp has that a blind gentleman rang me yesterday. He's an avid snooker fan, lives locally but has never had the chance to go to an event and experience the matches and atmosphere live.
We invited him round for a guided tour this morning and I am blown away by how blind people can find their way around and use equipment. I showed him the vending machines. He asked me the order of the numbers on the pad (maybe we should have them in braille - Sarah!!) and then put his money in, dialled up his drink no problem at all. Superb. But the highlight was when we set the balls up on the table. He's never even been able to feel the table or pockets or balls before and with a bit of guidance (or misguidance) from me he hit his first ever shot at snooker - that has just made my day.

It's all rather exciting!!!!

That's a great story :santa:

Postby Wildey

How Much Will it cost to get streaming ?

and have you got a Name for the Tournament like other EPTC Events (The Brugge Open or Paul Hunter Classic)

heres some suggestions

The SWA Masters
The Gloucester Streamed Classic
:)

Postby jadechelsea

weewelshwitch wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:is anyone going to gloucester next weekend?

er er - yeah i guess so!!!!

yes I'll be there, Sarah too, and Stalin - and we'll look forward to seeing more Islanders hopefully
cool hope too see you cool mite see you then :wave: <laugh>

Postby jadechelsea

jadechelsea wrote:
weewelshwitch wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:is anyone going to gloucester next weekend?

er er - yeah i guess so!!!!

yes I'll be there, Sarah too, and Stalin - and we'll look forward to seeing more Islanders hopefully
cool hope too see you cool mite see you then :wave: <laugh>

sorry did`ent mean too put to cools

Postby Sarah Mount

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Monique wrote:It has a name: the MIUS Cup

What does MIUS Stand for ?

From World Snooker's website:

The event will be named The MIUS Cup. MIUS (Mount International Ultrasound Services), based in Gloucester, are the world’s leading supplier/developer of ultrasound equipment for medical and veterinary use.

Trevor Howard, M.D. of MIUS Ltd, said: "MIUS Ltd are delighted to be associated with the South West Snooker Academy and to be sponsoring the World Snooker Professional tournament taking place on 29 -31 October. The image of the SWSA fits in perfectly with the image of MIUS Ltd because our company's moto is "When quality counts", which can be tied in with the facilities offered at the academy and with the standard of snooker expected there with all the best players in the world competing."

As for streaming prices, we are still working on what we will be streaming. Once we know, we will be in a position to decide pricing. As soon as I know anything though, I will post it here :)

Postby Wildey

Sarah Mount wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:has Mount International Ultrasound Services got something to do with you also ?

Yes, it's my Dad's company.

i see <ok>

and with ultrasound you see a lot <laugh>

Postby jadechelsea

sundaygirl wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:dose anyone no where to buy tickets for the ptc?

Jade if you do go please take a camera with you :)

ok :) what for? to take some pictures and put on here?

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:yes please I'm sure a you will get to meet a few of the players between matches.

yes PTC environment is the best meet and greet players you can get where else can you get that volume of players together at the same time.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:yes please I'm sure a you will get to meet a few of the players between matches.

yes PTC environment is the best meet and greet players you can get where else can you get that volume of players together at the same time.

at the AGM ....................but you would not get to see them playing <laugh> :idea: <laugh> :idea:

Postby Smart

weewelshwitch wrote:On Q Promotions are delighted to announce that together with our event partner Peter's Foods we are offering FREE Live streaming from 2 tables for the duration of the MIUS Cup (EPTC4) First Match 9am Friday morning at http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com

Peters Foods <cool>