Topic locked

Re: EPTC Offenburg to be played in Gloucester

Postby Roland

Yes it looks fantastic. So we can see 4 tables from this picture - what is the layout for the other tables?

I didn't go to the EIS but I did go to the Barbican Centre in York when the UK was across 5 tables for the first week and that was great sitting up in the balcony with a view of all 5 tables. They were partitioned but you could see them all.

Postby Sarah Mount

Sonny wrote:Yes it looks fantastic. So we can see 4 tables from this picture - what is the layout for the other tables?

I didn't go to the EIS but I did go to the Barbican Centre in York when the UK was across 5 tables for the first week and that was great sitting up in the balcony with a view of all 5 tables. They were partitioned but you could see them all.

The image shown in my last post is of the downstairs matchroom which contains four of our match tables. This is then replicated upstairs with another four match tables. We also have 4 tables in a practice room and the 13th table is in the match arena.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments regarding the Academy!

Postby Roland

So presumably during the EPTC event you'll hand pick those matches which go on the main match table? Or will that be dictated to you by whoever is running the live streaming? And how many tables will get live streaming assuming it is going ahead?

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:wont you be looking for a ticket for the main table / arena Stalin as arguably the best matches will be kept for this where the bulk of the fans are?

yeah possibly, but I kinda like the back-street effect (like the outside courts at Wimbledon).................getting excited now, seeing all these pictures :excited: :idea: :excited: :idea:

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yes it looks fantastic. So we can see 4 tables from this picture - what is the layout for the other tables?

The image shown in my last post is of the downstairs matchroom which contains four of our match tables. This is then replicated upstairs with another four match tables. We also have 4 tables in a practice room and the 13th table is in the match arena.

Sarah - for the first 2 days (Friday and Saturday) there will be lots of matches obviously, roll on roll off, how many of the match tables will be in operation............? This event is gonna be cracking. I am desperate to see the draw now :excited: :idea: :excited: :idea:

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:Pods are individual booths where the matches take place. Each pod in the Academy can seat around 16-20 spectators. We will be playing with all the pods open so each spectator will be able to look down the room at the other tables from their seats. Here is a picture of one of the match tables with the pod seating behind it:

JUST LOOK HOW CLOSE YOU ARE HERE TO THE PLAYERS....................

WILD/CASEY - IF HENDO IS ON ONE OF THESE TABLES - YOU COULD STROKE HIS HAIR OR WHISPER IN HIS EAR <laugh> rofl

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:Pods are individual booths where the matches take place. Each pod in the Academy can seat around 16-20 spectators. We will be playing with all the pods open so each spectator will be able to look down the room at the other tables from their seats. Here is a picture of one of the match tables with the pod seating behind it:

WILD/CASEY - IF HENDO IS ON ONE OF THESE TABLES - YOU COULD STROKE HIS HAIR OR WHISPER IN HIS EAR <laugh> rofl

:limp:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:

more likely kick his bottom <laugh>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

yet another spelling mistake from Wild, you spelt LICK wrong :love:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

being that close you could lick, suck or do whatever rofl <laugh>

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

more likely kick his bum <laugh>

rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:

:)

PODS <cool> :ahh: :D

Loving this one ........................I reckon we get draw tomorrow. :ba: :idea: :ba: :idea:

what a cool place <ok>

Postby Sarah Mount

Sonny wrote:So presumably during the EPTC event you'll hand pick those matches which go on the main match table? Or will that be dictated to you by whoever is running the live streaming? And how many tables will get live streaming assuming it is going ahead?

We are yet to confirm how we are going to decide which matches will be played in the arena. We are running the live streaming but it is World Snooker's event so they will be deciding which match is next on. Obviously, we would like to have some say in which matches will be played in the Arena but essentially it is a World Snooker event and we have to respect that.

Live streaming will 100% be going ahead. We will definitely be doing the Arena table and we would like to stream another match table but Tuesday night taught us that we are better to provide one that works 100% than two that cause problems so we will be taking that into consideration.

Postby Sarah Mount

StalinESQ wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:

Sarah - for the first 2 days (Friday and Saturday) there will be lots of matches obviously, roll on roll off, how many of the match tables will be in operation............? This event is gonna be cracking. I am desperate to see the draw now :excited: :idea: :excited: :idea:

At the moment, the plan is to have 9 match tables playing at any one time. Four in the downstairs match room, four in the upstairs match room and one in the arena. We will be providing practice facilities for the players in the practice room.

I hope you're right and it is a cracking event! We are very excited to see the draw and find out who exactly are going into battle in the South West Snooker Academy! It's unreal! :D

Postby Roland

I think even with one match table on stream it'll be a hit. But then it would be better to see both semi-finals but you know that already :santa:

Postby Sarah Mount

StalinESQ wrote:@Sarah

Can tickets be bought on the day, or have they to be bought over the internet.......? <ok>

This will all depend on the levels of interest. The phone was ringing off the hook in the Academy today with people enquiring about tickets. I would imagine of all the days, Friday will sell the least due to it being a weekday but it's hard to judge!

Postby Sarah Mount

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:

:)

PODS <cool> :ahh: :D

Loving this one ........................I reckon we get draw tomorrow. :ba: :idea: :ba: :idea:

what a cool place <ok>

:D

Thanks! This was taken at the Pink Ribbon before we had had the real seats fitted. We were let down by the seat fitters two weeks before the Pink Ribbon so we had to hire a few hundred chairs! We also didn't get electricity until 3 days before the Pink Ribbon so we were ready to run the tournament off industrial generators!!! So pleased we didn't have to. We actually got final clearance from the building control officer that the premises was fit for use 2 hours before the Pink Ribbon began! Preparing for events now seems like a breeze without the worry of being closed down before we'd opened <doh>

Postby Sarah Mount

Sonny wrote:I think even with one match table on stream it'll be a hit. But then it would be better to see both semi-finals but you know that already :santa:

Thanks Sonny. It may be that if we don't feel confident in streaming both matches live we can record the second semi-final and make the recording available on our website after the event. I know it's not the same as it being live but may be a compromise if we feel that two streams would be pushing our luck. We're just very wary after last week that it is better to provide something that works or nothing at all.

Postby Roland

Well it's already more than any other PTC event so as long as one works that'll be much better than we've had up till now.

Postby Wildey

Sarah Mount wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:@Sarah

Can tickets be bought on the day, or have they to be bought over the internet.......? <ok>

This will all depend on the levels of interest. The phone was ringing off the hook in the Academy today with people enquiring about tickets. I would imagine of all the days, Friday will sell the least due to it being a weekday but it's hard to judge!

if it has to be stalin will be there with a false beard and a hat to avoid management seeing him there while on sick :redneck:

Postby randam05

From world snooker...

Ding Junhui has edged ahead of Mark Williams into fourth place in the rankings, while Marcus Campbell is up to 32nd after getting to the semi-finals yesterday. He's just one place ahead of Dale, who is up seven places from 40th.

After Dominic dale won..can anyone make sense of it?

Postby randam05

Whos just one place ahead of dale? mark williams? but they started talking about marcus campbell..? This was posted after D.D's win.

Then they say dale is seven places up from 4oth? So they saying marcus campbell is one ahead of dale at 32nd after dale rises 7places from 40th? yet he won the tournament at the weekend and is now 4th? its worded very bad, cause i cant make sense..anyone care to explain it? Jimmy white is 32nd notmarcus campbell.