Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 5!!!!!!!!!

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:and i would say matthew stevens is by far a better break builder than robbo so it just shows that its 50 % in the head and 50 % on the table

Well, another good comment. Stevens is certainly a much better breakbuilder, but he has nothing in the bottle department, whereas Robbo has more bottle than... um... a bottle bank?

See what Robbo has done in comparison to Stevens...

Im just sad stevens has only won 1 major

if he had just 5 % mental toughness he would have beaten murphy as he had a big lead :-(

Postby Tubberlad

I don't think I've felt as sick over a snooker match as I did that night. To see the lead just slowly going away, and Murphy edging in front... when the cheer went up for snookers required in the last frame I was gutted <laugh> looking back, it was all a bit silly though.

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:I don't think I've felt as sick over a snooker match as I did that night. To see the lead just slowly going away, and Murphy edging in front... when the cheer went up for snookers required in the last frame I was gutted <laugh> looking back, it was all a bit silly though.

the match i have been most gutted about was

robbo v ronnei 2007 worlds

robbo was 8-2 down got it back to 8-8

he went 10-9 up and lost 13-10

AND THE MAGUIRE MATCH IN 08 WAS HUMILIATION :wild2:

Postby Tubberlad

Yeah, Robbo put up some effort in that game GJ, I thought he had him. I was gutted as I hated Ronnie at the time.

But the match in 08 was no shame really. That was God-like from Maguire.

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I don't think I've felt as sick over a snooker match as I did that night. To see the lead just slowly going away, and Murphy edging in front... when the cheer went up for snookers required in the last frame I was gutted <laugh> looking back, it was all a bit silly though.

the match i have been most gutted about was

robbo v ronnei 2007 worlds

robbo was 8-2 down got it back to 8-8

he went 10-9 up and lost 13-10

AND THE MAGUIRE MATCH IN 08 WAS HUMILIATION :wild2:

but thats helped him shape his game imo now look at him WC and Wn1

Postby Bourne

thetubberlad wrote:Yeah, Robbo put up some effort in that game GJ, I thought he had him. I was gutted as I hated Ronnie at the time.

But the match in 08 was no shame really. That was God-like from Maguire.

Isn't it amazing how their careers have headed in opposite directions since that 08 match though, Mags looks a shadow of his former self.

Postby Tubberlad

Maguire was a brilliant player, and I think the Joe Perry game knocked the stuffing out of him. He had a very serious shot at the World Title, and an even better one the year before when he led Higgins 14-10. Big moments in his life that didn't go his way.

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:Maguire was a brilliant player, and I think the Joe Perry game knocked the stuffing out of him. He had a very serious shot at the World Title, and an even better one the year before when he led Higgins 14-10. Big moments in his life that didn't go his way.

similar to stevens though i would say matthew is slightly more talented

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Maguire was a brilliant player, and I think the Joe Perry game knocked the stuffing out of him. He had a very serious shot at the World Title, and an even better one the year before when he led Higgins 14-10. Big moments in his life that didn't go his way.

similar to stevens though i would say matthew is slightly more talented

Agreed. Stevens had some awful setbacks in his life too. He didn't handle his father's death at all well, and then you had his best friend dying on top of it.

Not to mention those very hairy defeats at the Crucible that followed. 2007 against Murphy was the nail in the coffin. Shame, mighty nice bloke, but thems the breaks.