Topic locked

Re: Bruges And Prague To Stage EPTC Events

Postby Casey

You’re a bit like myself with the shorter round early on for a longer SF & F. People might say why not keep it BO17 up the the SF and extend it, but remember it has to be kept within 7 days.

As for the venue will the fans defiantly don’t like it?

How to get more people in? Simple…go to the local college and give out free tickests to matches that have no chance of filling up, organise a bus/coach to take them to the venue and charge them a cover fee ie £2 each way or something (what ever will cover the cost). Now its unlikely they will buy any merchandise but it will help fill the venue to please the sponsors and potential sponsors. It is also exposing the sport to new people so the next year they might come down and pay their way.

At the end of the day this would cost nothing but the benefits are clear. Case – Marketing genius!

Postby Tubberlad

<laugh> Genius. At the moment, the UK isn't pulling in the fans, and I've heard much worse ideas to be quite honest.

That's another point: 4 tables and a 9 day tournament. Not good. I never saw anything two wrong with the UK carrying on over 14 days on two tables...

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:You’re a bit like myself with the shorter round early on for a longer SF & F. People might say why not keep it BO17 up the the SF and extend it, but remember it has to be kept within 7 days.

As for the venue will the fans defiantly don’t like it?

How to get more people in? Simple…go to the local college and give out free tickests to matches that have no chance of filling up, organise a bus/coach to take them to the venue and charge them a cover fee ie £2 each way or something (what ever will cover the cost). Now its unlikely they will buy any merchandise but it will help fill the venue to please the sponsors and potential sponsors. It is also exposing the sport to new people so the next year they might come down and pay their way.

At the end of the day this would cost nothing but the benefits are clear. Case – Marketing genius!

Well, I already have tickets to Telford this year, but if they could organise a bus tour from my house in Surrey to Telford for £2, I'd be happy. <laugh>