Meantime here is the blueprint:
The fundamental characteristics of the Players Tour Championship (PTC):-
1. 12 events to run from May to December (four in the UK and eight in Europe) followed by a Tour Championship February/March in the following year.
2. Open to 96 Pro Tour players.
3. Entry fee of £100 each event
4. Prize money of each event set at £50,000 per event in the UK, €50,000 in Europe.
5. Separate one year ranking list for PTC events, based on prize money won – initial event only seeded on Official Ranking List thereafter top 64 based on only PTC events results.
6. Tour Championship participation for top 24 on the PTC rankings – Round one players ranked 9-24 with winners playing top 8 seeds in round two.
7. Official Ranking List points to be awarded to the last 32 in each Pro Tour event.
8. Official Ranking List points to be awarded to the 24 participants in the Tour Championship.
9. Events to be played in the UK over a weekend, in Europe possible over three days – full details to be confirmed.
10. Prize money will be paid from the last 32 onwards.
11. Of the eight European events four will be organised by World Series of Snooker and four by Brandon Parker and his Dragonstars partners.
12. Anticipated that the UK events will be played at The Academy.
13. PTC rankings will be calculated on prize money won.
PTC Prize Funds
Winner 10,000 10,000
Runner Up 5,000 6,000
2 x Losing Semi Finalists x £2,500 5,000 6,000 x £3000
4 x Losing Quarter Finalists x £1,500 6,000 6,000
8 x Last 16 x £1000 8,000 8,000
16 x Last 32 x £750 12,000 12,000
- Site Admin
- Posts: 18479
- Joined: 29 September 2009
- Location: Cannonbridge, Snooker Island
- Snooker Idol: Selby Ding Kyren Luca
- Highest Break: 102
- Walk-On: Bal Sagoth