Topic locked

VISA rules Ding out of PTC

Postby Casey

"I had a problem with my visa so I wasn't able to get to the UK," he explained. "Everyone else has been playing in the PTC events, so it might be difficult for me in Shanghai because I have not played any matches. Since I got back to Sheffield I have been practising every day and I just have to try hard to play well. I'm looking forward to it because it's close to my home town and the support I get from my friends there is very special."

Last season saw a return to form for Ding as he won the Pukka Pies UK Championship and reached two other ranking finals, but he insists that winning more silverware is not his goal for the new campaign.

"I might not win anything, or I might be better than last season," added the player who won two ranking titles in 2005 and one in 2006 before a three-year barren spell. "The only thing that matters is that I am happy playing and feeling good about my game."

worldsnooker.com

I feel sorry for the guy, he is missing out on alot of match play, money and ranking points because of a Visa issue. Who is Ding's management company?

Re: VISA rules Ding out of PTC

Postby Roland

It's the UK governments fault. The Chinese get a real bum deal when it comes to entry into the UK. It's an absolute disgrace.

Postby Wildey

hold on what makes ding different to Xiao Guodong, Liu Song and Liu Chaung who all played in PTC1 in june.

doesn't make sense he has had a visa problem lasting 2 months while other Chinese players visa came through.

Postby Roland

You don't know about the Visa system wild. Until you do, you can't comment.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You don't know about the Visa system wild. Until you do, you can't comment.

im asking a question how come some gets visas and others dont ????

surely as a more established player that's been having visas longer to play here Ding Should have got his through sooner than others.

Postby Roland

You know what cuntstoms are like. If you're from Eastern Europe or other parts of Asia it's as easy as walking in, but for some reason the restrictions on Chinese are more severe. They will have to pay a fortune, fill out about 30 forms, wait x months for a decision and if anything isn't 100% right with documentation they'll have to start all over again.

Postby Wildey

yes im trying to make sense of what happens in politics and government just got to accept there is no sense in it

Ding explains PTC absence

Postby SnookerFan

From the World Snooker website.

Ding Hopes To Be Sharp In Shanghai
The Roewe Shanghai Masters, the first full ranking event of the new snooker season, starts on Monday, and China's top player Ding Junhui hopes he won't be disadvantaged by missing several events in the new Players Tour Championship.

The 23-year-old from Wuxi, who is based in Sheffield, joins the likes of defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stephen Hendry and Betfred.com World Champion Neil Robertson on the flight to the Far East for the event at the Grand Stage in Shanghai, which runs from September 6 to 12.

All of the top players have competed in the PTC - a series of 12 events in Sheffield and continental Europe building up a a televised finale in March - other than Ding who has not struck a ball in anger yet this season.

"I had a problem with my visa so I wasn't able to get to the UK," he explained. "Everyone else has been playing in the PTC events, so it might be difficult for me in Shanghai because I have not played any matches. Since I got back to Sheffield I have been practising every day and I just have to try hard to play well. I'm looking forward to it because it's close to my home town and the support I get from my friends there is very special."

Last season saw a return to form for Ding as he won the Pukka Pies UK Championship and reached two other ranking finals, but he insists that winning more silverware is not his goal for the new campaign.

"I might not win anything, or I might be better than last season," added the player who won two ranking titles in 2005 and one in 2006 before a three-year barren spell. "The only thing that matters is that I am happy playing and feeling good about my game."

The Roewe Shanghai Masters will be televised on SMG and CCTV in China and on Eurosport.