Topic locked

Judd Trump - CHAMPION

Postby Bourne

He's won the EPTC Paul Hunter Classic tonight and can call himself a ranking champion :bowdown:

Everyone who kept faith in him, this is just the start. Done the business many times in a non-pressure environment but this was a win in a high-quality field with ranking points at stake and he kept his nerve to win ! This should get his confidence right up for the big events later in the season, starting with Shanghai where he'll be one of the favourites to go all the way.

Well done Judd :afro: Image

Last edited by Bourne on 29 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Judd Trump - CHAMPION

Postby GJ

awesome win

his first MAJOR

:bowdown:

<laugh>

Postby Bourne

ProSnookerBlog Pleased to see Judd win, he gets way too much stick from some quarters because he isn't Hendry at 21.
6 minutes ago via web

Matt is spot on. He has to be afforded time, players will peak when they're ready, they're not finished just if they don't follow the same or better career pattern than the absolute greats of the game. This is a great start for Judd, something he needed.

Postby Witz78

Judd Trump roll of honour.

Masters Qualifying Winner 2008
Championship League Winner 2009
EPTC1 Winner 2010

3 of the hardest events on the tour to win given the number of entrants.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:Judd Trump roll of honour.

EPTC1 Winner 2010

Nice Robertson-esque sequence, World Champion 2011 then :D

Postby Smart

EPTC1 Winner 2010

blimey ................thats quite a list he has there :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:

EPTC1 Winner 2010

rofl rofl rofl rofl :santa: :redneck:

Postby Roland

Someone should post a list of his junior titles to shut the idiots up.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

EPTC1 Winner 2010

rofl rofl rofl rofl :santa: :redneck:

whats so funny?

Its 3 more events won than a lot of other snooker players will win in their entire careers and hes only just turned 21.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Someone should post a list of his junior titles to shut the idiots up.

I dont care, Pro titles only matter in my mind

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Someone should post a list of his junior titles to shut the idiots up.

I dont care, Pro titles only matter in my mind

well hes the 3 pro titles ive mentioned already but you dont seem to care much for them do you? <doh>

Postby Roland

Your mind is not big enough, that's pretty clear.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Your mind is not big enough, that's pretty clear.

belowthebelt.com

I dont insult other members, so dont expect to be insulted back
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 29 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:ProSnookerBlog Pleased to see Judd win, he gets way too much stick from some quarters because he isn't Hendry at 21.
6 minutes ago via web

Matt is spot on. He has to be afforded time, players will peak when they're ready, they're not finished just if they don't follow the same or better career pattern than the absolute greats of the game. This is a great start for Judd, something he needed.

no matt is not spot on

nobody least of all me has ever wanted him to be hendry or ronnie at 21 just to show balls and fight for something show what hes made of today is the start of that in my opinion.

Postby Monique

It's a good win for Judd and obviously his performances are vastly better than last season. I, for one, think it is related to his change of management as well as to hard work on Judd's part of course.
It might be "only" a minor but Well Done Champ!

Postby Casey

Judd has been one of the best players this season so far. Excellent in the PTCs and has easily qualified for the first two ranking events.

Someone I am worried about is Allen who is having an awful season so far and needs a good run in Shanghai to steady his ranking points.

Postby Wildey

only Pinches has won more Ranking points than Trump this season hes won 4'840 with pinches over 5,000

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:

Someone I am worried about is Allen who is having an awful season so far and needs a good run in Shanghai to steady his ranking points.

Allen faces Stuart Bingham in Shanghai. It seems Allen has taken a relaxed stance towards the start of the season (extra time off, and not much interest in the PTC), in effect backing himself to hit the ground running (cold). This has not happened and he is now somewhat chasing the pack. He needs a few results in Shanghai to get himself up and running - especially with no World Open for him........

<ok>

Postby Wildey

yes The Pressure on Allen in shanghai will be intense knowing The World Open is Over.

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:

Allen faces Stuart Bingham in Shanghai. It seems Allen has taken a relaxed stance towards the start of the season (extra time off, and not much interest in the PTC), in effect backing himself to hit the ground running (cold). This has not happened and he is now somewhat chasing the pack. He needs a few results in Shanghai to get himself up and running - especially with no World Open for him........

<ok>

<ok> Yes and the Shanghai will be his last full ranking event until December. So an early exit there would be a total disaster for him and would pile the pressure on come the UK championships.

Postby Smart

Well it is gonna be tough because its Carter or Harold potentially in R2..................................

No premier league either.........................so Decemeber is a long way away. I think disaster is about the right word in these circumstances. I bet he is fuming with the World Open situation. <ok>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:Well it is gonna be tough because its Carter or Harold potentially in R2..................................

No premier league either.........................so Decemeber is a long way away. I think disaster is about the right word in these circumstances. I bet he is fuming with the World Open situation. <ok>

I think he is, no doubt as one of the younger stars he is disappointed at having to qualify for the World Open. It looks like he will miss out of the finals on the PTC also, his ranking will suffer although I would expect him to stay in the top 16.

Its disappointing because I am sure he would have wanted to move up into the top 8 and push for top 4.

A tough draw in Shanghai awaits and a QF minimum is needed for confidence

Postby Wildey

Plenty of Time for PTC Finals lol

not half way yet.