Topic locked

Re: Judd Trump - CHAMPION

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:Ideally all top 16 players should have been at the venue, I agree, but if that wasn't possible then low profile matches, and this was one, are obviously first to be "demoted". Mark should have won this match and if he had he would have been at the venue.
BTW, the broadcaster, here BBC, has a big say in which matches are shown on television. I suppose they consider Davis and Jimmy to be bigger crowd pullers than Mark Allen, and I think they are right in that.

they may as well all it premier league mark 2 if its moreabout crowd pullers than rankings as for years white was in it

:roll:

Postby Monique

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Monique wrote:Ideally all top 16 players should have been at the venue, I agree, but if that wasn't possible then low profile matches, and this was one, are obviously first to be "demoted". Mark should have won this match and if he had he would have been at the venue.
BTW, the broadcaster, here BBC, has a big say in which matches are shown on television. I suppose they consider Davis and Jimmy to be bigger crowd pullers than Mark Allen, and I think they are right in that.

they may as well all it premier league mark 2 if its moreabout crowd pullers than rankings as for years white was in it

Yes, when it is on television it's about getting audience because that's what sponsors are interested in, not ranking points. Ever heard about economics? Get real.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Yes, when it is on television it's about getting audience because that's what sponsors are interested in, not ranking points. Ever heard about economics? Get real.

lets forget rankings they dont matter

<doh>
<

Postby Monique

I never said they don't matter, but they are certainly not the sponsors top priority.

Postby Wildey

Ideally 2 Tables should have been in operation so that all 64 players in the 3rd round played however that wasn't done Mark as did we all know the score for donkeys so no use crying over spilt milk he was 2-0 up in a best of 5 for Christ sakes.

Postby Bourne

He was 2-0 up frame-ball against Fu in the CL final as well, maybe a mental problem there ?

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:He was 2-0 up frame-ball against Fu in the CL final as well, maybe a mental problem there ?

He was 12-10 up vs Dotty, and had first visit in the final frame - choked red to corner (regulation pot)........Allen has a choking streak. :redneck:

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:He was 2-0 up frame-ball against Fu in the CL final as well, maybe a mental problem there ?

He was 12-10 up vs Dotty, and had first visit in the final frame - choked red to corner (regulation pot)........Allen has a choking streak. :redneck:

Well ,With regards to Allen being a choker,I think not mate.

He will have his good matches this season. ;)

Postby Casey

He was 2-0 and Fu needed a snooker of the final pink to which he got. Not much Allen could do about it :sad: